BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why yes it is! But someone said November 15th and said my date was wrong!

(I know I'm being an ass)

It was NOV 15th  but then got pushed back to NOV 29th mainly because of bus stop locations and machine placing   

Main and 39th just finally got their machine today so i'm not surprised it was pushed back either 

BTW the set up at main and 39th ave is very interesting it double the normal machines with each facing back to back. 

IMG_0630_zps1mgf5buo.jpg

IMG_0628_zpsyaxoadnx.jpg

IMG_0633_zps8zie9ndc.jpg

Edited by IAlam

It was NOV 15th  but then got pushed back to NOV 29th mainly because of bus stop locations and machine placing   

Main and 39th just finally got their machine today so i'm not surprised it was pushed back either 

BTW the set up at main and 39th ave is very interesting it double the normal machines with each facing back to back. 

Should have been that way from the start...i mean come on...one machine at Herald Square? Come on now?

They have 3 Metrocard machines and 1 quarter machine at the John Bowne HS stops, but yet at 41 Av and Kissena Blvd stops they still have the typical 2 Metrocard machines and 1 quarter machine. The stop can get really crowded towards the rush (similar to the crowds at 38/39 Av stops), don't know why it doesn't have at least one more machine.

You're severely misinformed. It has nothing to do with machine and stop installation.

Operators got told about the SBS being November 29th WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before they even started installing machines. It was never pushed back, it was ALWAYS the 29th.....so I don't know where you're getting your information from. So tread lightly.

Edited by Cait Sith

You're severely misinformed. It has nothing to do with machine and stop installation.

Operators got told about the SBS being November 29th WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before they even started installing machines. It was never pushed back, it was ALWAYS the 29th.....so I don't know where you're getting your information from. So tread lightly.

I live ON MAIN ST so I talk to these operators on a daily basis and I had 3 operators confirm to me it was on the 15in late September early October, but they also told me it was likely that it would get pushed back. later around mid late October it was confirmed it got pushed back. Stuff getting pushed back is very common from the MTA you should know that 

I live ON MAIN ST so I talk to these operators on a daily basis and I had 3 operators confirm to me it was on the 15in late September early October, but they also told me it was likely that it would get pushed back. later around mid late October it was confirmed it got pushed back. Stuff getting pushed back is very common from the MTA you should know that 

LOL... I'm sorry but some B/O's don't know their head from their @ss.  They don't know what is going on.  They just drive the bus, get off and go about their business.  Hell a good portion of them don't even know about the different kinds of Metrocards.  :lol:

LOL... I'm sorry but some B/O's don't know their head from their @ss.  They don't know what is going on.  They just drive the bus, get off and go about their business.  Hell a good portion of them don't even know about the different kinds of Metrocards.  :lol:

But that then contradicts what Cait said

Operators got told about the SBS being November 29th WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before they even started installing machines.

But that then contradicts what Cait said

Not at all.  My point is that some don't care and some don't pay attention even though they have access to info first hand, so one guy may say one thing and not know what he's talking about. I have a few buddies on the Riverdale express bus lines that are like that.  One guy that I get on the BxM2 kept insisting that they had to be cutting some BxM2 trips at night, and I told him that simply wasn't happening given the changes that the (MTA) has made from a planning standpoint along the line to encourage ridership growth long term.  The new schedule came out and it was exactly the same as it has been for years now, so I don't always trust everything that I hear out of B/O's mouths.  Some are more knowledgeable than others.  Even my uncle admits that some B/Os are this way and he's a B/O himself with the (MTA).  Some guys are just out to lunch and just care about getting their paycheck.  The other stuff is secondary, since some don't use the system outside of work and just jump off of the bus and into their cars.

Not at all.  My point is that some don't care and some don't pay attention even though they have access to info first hand, so one guy may say one thing and not know what he's talking about. I have a few buddies on the Riverdale express bus lines that are like that.  One guy that I get on the BxM2 kept insisting that they had to be cutting some BxM2 trips at night, and I told him that simply wasn't happening given the changes that the (MTA) has made from a planning standpoint along the line to encourage ridership growth long term.  The new schedule came out and it was exactly the same as it has been for years now, so I don't always trust everything that I hear out of B/O's mouths.  Some are more knowledgeable than others.  Even my uncle admits that some B/Os are this way and he's a B/O himself with the (MTA).  Some guys are just out to lunch and just care about getting their paycheck.  The other stuff is secondary, since some don't use the system outside of work and just jump off of the bus and into their cars.

I see you point,

but my info was unanimous between 3 diffrent drivers which makes it more unlikely for them to just be unaware. I remember before October started the last time it was confirmed Nov 15, I was also told that it would be likely to change with how long they were taking to set everything up. Which actually makes sense because about a week later a 4th B/O told me it was Nov 29th. What you're saying could be right, but in this case I'm not sure how likely 

I see you point,

but my info was unanimous between 3 diffrent drivers which makes it more unlikely for them to just be unaware. I remember before October started the last time it was confirmed Nov 15, I was also told that it would be likely to change with how long they were taking to set everything up. Which actually makes sense because about a week later a 4th B/O told me it was Nov 29th. What you're saying could be right, but in this case I'm not sure how likely 

To be honest with you some guys don't even know what's going on with their own union.  lol I'm not saying that some guys don't know, but you have plenty of airheads among the good drivers.  Just like all of these drivers are supposedly trained about the do's and don'ts, yet some of them still get written up for the same crap over and over... Get my point? lol

Why the hell can't people PULL OVER when emergency vehicles need to get by?? All that construction on 23 st near Park Av an ambulance is trying to squeeze past an NG (38xx I forgot the number) an that dumb bi*** just sits right there and the ambulance is still squeezing past and mind you there was enough room to turn to the right (like you're SUPPOSED to do) that dumb-ass still just sits there, didn't budge a f****ng INCH and finally the meat-wagon gets thru and she's (I think it was a she) STILL sitting there....  :angry:   Just SMFH

My advice would be to trace the shape of the bus and go from there... I used to draw cartoons in high school for a drawing class and all of my drawings came out great that way. In fact I had a kid that would pay me $20.00 to draw for him:lol:

Me too...

The kids that know me from way back(we're talking elementary school here) all know that I draw trains and buses very well (and mosaics-But thats a different story).So its bound to be mentioned by someone in class.

Then someone who doesn't know me at all doubts my abilities and eventually I get a piece of paper and a pencil thrust in my face.

I now have to draw for him/her.

This happened so much,I developed a routine...

"Well,what train did you take today?"

They'll either say (R) or 'I took the bus" (We'll come back to the bus later)

"Ok,then.Did you get the new one with the black front and red R or the old one with the silver front,Big yellow R and hisses a lot?"

Identifing the trains as R46 or R160 won't get me anywhere with the muggles (lol)

(Quick story:The day Montague closed, my friend comes up to me in art class and says "Did you see,They turned the (R) trains into (N) 's" I said what!?, and then as she explained,I realised she was saying that the (R) got R160's without knowing they're called that.)

Anyway they'll usually (6 times out of ten) say "The New one with the black front" (Lucky bastards...I always get R46s with 5 R160 passing me the other way)

At this point,I draw the R160 or if its one of the football players they'll usually answer (L) and I'll draw the R143.(Funny story-I ran into some of them while I was fanning the R143 J.Boy,that explanation took a while...)

If they answer question 1 with" the bus":

"What route?"

Common answers :S79,S53,S93,B1,B16,B63

"What did your bus look like?"

I usually get descriptions of C40LFs and XD40s or RTSs

I'll draw the bus or train while telling them about it and I'll let them keep the drawing with the specs on the bottom (Name,Manufacturer,Routes assigned,that kind of stuff)

Edited by Around the Horn

That means nothing....especially since my information never came from operators!

Me too...

The kids that know me from way back(we're talking elementary school here) all know that I draw trains and buses very well (and mosaics-But thats a different story).So its bound to be mentioned by someone in class.

Then someone who doesn't know me at all doubts my abilities and eventually I get a piece of paper and a pencil thrust in my face.

I now have to draw for him/her.

This happened so much,I developed a routine...

"Well,what train did you take today?"

They'll either say (R) or 'I took the bus" (We'll come back to the bus later)

"Ok,then.Did you get the new one with the black front and red R or the old one with the silver front,Big yellow R and hisses a lot?"

Identifing the trains as R46 or R160 won't get me anywhere with the muggles (lol)

(Quick story:The day Montague closed, my friend comes up to me in art class and says "Did you see,They turned the (R) trains into (N) 's" I said what!?, and then as she explained,I realised she was saying that the (R) got R160's without knowing they're called that.)

Anyway they'll usually (6 times out of ten) say "The New one with the black front" (Lucky bastards...I always get R46s with 5 R160 passing me the other way)

At this point,I draw the R160 or if its one of the football players they'll usually answer (L) and I'll draw the R143.(Funny story-I ran into some of them while I was fanning the R143 J.Boy,that explanation took a while...)

If they answer question 1 with" the bus":

"What route?"

Common answers :S79,S53,S93,B1,B16,B63

"What did your bus look like?"

I usually get descriptions of C40LFs and XD40s or RTSs

I'll draw the bus or train while telling them about it and I'll let them keep the drawing with the specs on the bottom (Name,Manufacturer,Routes assigned,that kind of stuff)

lol@ the one that hisses a lot...  :lol:

Why do the football players choose the (L) ?