BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so SI will have normal service on Friday for express buses? 

Well probably "modified" to some extent... I always hated modified service because that meant that they could pull buses at will and you could be waiting there for a while.  I've been burned like that quite a few times.  The last time it happened, I was waiting at a stop that also served the X17 and those folks were fuming.  There hadn't been a bus in some time, and there was nothing on BusTime anytime soon.

Well probably "modified" to some extent... I always hated modified service because that meant that they could pull buses at will and you could be waiting there for a while.  I've been burned like that quite a few times.  The last time it happened, I was waiting at a stop that also served the X17 and those folks were fuming.  There hadn't been a bus in some time, and there was nothing on BusTime anytime soon.

well that not good I don't want to fan if my stuck for ever 

well that not good I don't want to fan if my stuck for ever 

I would imagine you'll be fine depending on when you take it and where. The X17Js can bunch a lot, which is what I used a lot when I used the X17.  The X17C is ok.  Usually had short waits after getting car service over to Richmond Avenue.

I would imagine you'll be fine depending on when you take it and where. The X17Js can bunch a lot, which is what I used a lot when I used the X17.  The X17C is ok.  Usually had short waits after getting car service over to Richmond Avenue.

I love how you automatically assume X17 

How do you know me so well

It the Q6 didn't serve the 165th Bus Term, it could essentially happen...

If it just stopped outside the terminal then yeah.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also on a side note, I've been trying to post videos on the forums from YouTube, but they keep showing up as links. Any way on how to fix that?

Wrap the links in with the Special BBCode Media. At least, I think it's still the same.

It was more than likely brought by Private Transit (the B110 guys)

They have at least two of them, one being #4409.

Edited by GojiMet86

It can technically fuel those buses however it is not for a large amount of them. It is just enough for the MTA's special equipment.

No, they cannot fuel diesel buses on the fuel station because they no longer accept diesel fuel deliveries. The diesel fuel that they use for the special equipment is provided by a 55 gallon drum. Not sure where the metrocard buses, HAI buses, or the snow fighter go to get fueled...

No, they cannot fuel diesel buses on the fuel station because they no longer accept diesel fuel deliveries. The diesel fuel that they use for the special equipment is provided by a 55 gallon drum. Not sure where the metrocard buses, HAI buses, or the snow fighter go to get fueled...

Maybe just drive over to UP similar as meridith buses to go YU and CAS

Oh alright thank you for correcting me. I had the information mixed up but now I know for sure.

I remember JG having RTSs in early 2012, IDK how they fueled them though.

Those were Ulmer Park buses that Gleason was borrowing. They went back at the end of the day.

Much like how the Orion V CNGs were at LGA

Spotted 300 on the Bx32 today with Luminators...

All of the C40s have Luminator Titan signs