BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

LOL. You should've seen us when we were at the meeting last summer. Yeah, I totally see the resemblance.... NOT!

Yes, I so believe your lies...

Moving back to a random thought, since when have the B43 have 20 minute headways on Sundays?

Edited by ThrexxBus

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I personally believe that both of you are brothers, if not, half brothers. ^_^ Both of you are criticizing each other with the power of words. :P

LOL... Yeah like checkmate said, you should've seen us at the meeting, or rather him... I still get a good chuckle every time I think about how he strutted out of the (MTA) meeting with his head in the air... The transit wizard that he thinks he is... :lol:

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

LOL... Yeah like checkmate said, you should've seen us at the meeting, or rather him... I still get a good chuckle every time I think about how he strutted out of the (MTA) meeting with his head in the air... The transit wizard that he thinks he is... :lol:

Or the transit wizard I know I am. B)

G-d damn it! Enough already! I'm sick of the 2 of you and the damn back and forth bickering. Stop spaming the pages with your pointless bantering and settle things via PM. This was not funny the first 20 times you've done this.

When did we say anything about trying to be funny? How about you STFU and mind your own business?

Uh.... yeahhhh... <_<

Says the man who couldn't be bothered to get the contact information for his own proposal.

The S89 came late, but we still connected with the S46. It turned out that the S96 in front of us had a problem (at first I thought it broke down, but one of my friends on the bus and said it was because somebody felt sick and they had to take the bus out of service, which makes sense because it was an LFS and it's a shame if they're breaking down already)

Anyway, our S46 was pretty full, so we all groaned at the thought of another busload of people piling in on top of us. The B/O just passed the crowd of people (which was smaller than I thought it would be, but a lot of them were students and they were only a couple of blocks from school), and one of the passengers said "Well, now they know how we feel when the bus passes up and there's space in the back".

Of course, I felt bad for the passengers, but I do see where that woman was coming from.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

It runs really early in the morning like between 7 - 8 AM, are you around the 49 after that time period?

No. Will be next May or so if my parents allow me to walk via Ocean to Cunningham in late 6th to 8th grade.

Edited by Brightonkid7

The S44 took me nonstop to ShopRite. B) We were keeping up with a "Not In Service" bus in front of us until we reached the ShopRite stop.

Going back, I saw a dispatcher at Richmond Avenue & Monsey Place. I saw an X10 waiting there and I saw a guy leaning over the farebox and I'm thinking "What the hell is taking him so long to pay?", and then I saw his clipboard and everything.

A friend and I were talking about what happened on the S46 this morning, and he said that he used to actually think that the S96 was some kind of bus for rich people. :blink: I guess with that big "Limited" sign, it looked like some kind of special bus. I guess it's kind of like the express bus: It didn't use a typical bus model or have typical express bus signage, so I thought it was some special bus (but then again, express buses do charge more than local buses)

On a side note, my brother found an expired MetroCard with $2.05 on it back in January, so I sent it over to the MTA to get the balance transferred to a newer MetroCard. I just got back the new MetroCard yesterday. It took almost 4 months to transfer $2 worth of money onto a MetroCard? No wonder all their projects take so long.

Got the 810 to turn around for me because I was at the wrong stop today. Put the bus 20 minutes behind. (Or should I say van), And the B/O told me that I was the only person under 60 to ever ride that route while she had been driving.

Got the 810 to turn around for me because I was at the wrong stop today. Put the bus 20 minutes behind. (Or should I say van), And the B/O told me that I was the only person under 60 to ever ride that route while she had been driving.

I am almost choked on my cereal and organic milk when I read this post... :lol: This sounds worse than Riverdale with the amount of seniors... Where is this at???

On a random thought, I just finished drafting my letter to mail to the MTA's discrimination department regarding the BxM18 stop at Madison & 44th st. It is hard for me to understand at this point why after all of this time and after having a dispatcher sent to investigate at the stop I still have to hail a damn bus down and almost be bypassed yet again. Either this is being done for spite, or the drivers are just this incompetent that they can't see the stop big as day in front of the (MTA) office which is the real kicker. I want answers.

Just saw 5406 with Gun Hill stickers on it next to the Tuskegee ones, when was the last time that bus was up there?

You know what really gets me is when who ever puts on the stickers puts them on, on the wrong spot or upside down...like c'mon all of the buses have them in a special location and you guys are gonna just plop them on where ever you want...just a little rant lol

Guest Lance

@JW72093:

Not In Service - the bus isn't in service

Next Bus Please - the bus is full, wait for the next one.

Either way, the bus isn't stopping for you. :lol:

Next Bus Please can mean that the bus is in service, but it's not picking up any more passengers (either because it's too crowded or because of some order from the dispatcher)

@JW72093:

Not In Service - the bus isn't in service

Next Bus Please - the bus is full, wait for the next one.

Either way, the bus isn't stopping for you. :lol:

I've seen Next Bus Please on buses that were not in service.