BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Random underground fact of the day. #5249 was the last RTS T80-206 that would ever be built. #HistoricMuseumBus

Does anyone remember that thread where we used to post what buses and routes we've ridden? I don't think the search goes that far back.

That thread is buried so deep it would take some serious searching for me to find it since I don't know the exact title. You are more than welcome to start a new one.

No artics on any WF route today. Not even the Bx19. Must be a maintenance day for WF artics.

None of the artic routes have artics running in preparation for the snow.

It was a Sunday so they really weren't needed actually. However, 5940, and 5952 were on the Bx19, and 5959 was on the Bx21. 

Interestingly enough, and I would have loved to get a pic of it, 7806 was on the M15.  :huh:

Random underground fact of the day. #5249 was the last RTS T80-206 that would ever be built. #HistoricMuseumBus

That thread is buried so deep it would take some serious searching for me to find it since I don't know the exact title. You are more than welcome to start a new one.

It was a Sunday so they really weren't needed actually. However, 5940, and 5952 were on the Bx19, and 5959 was on the Bx21.

Interestingly enough, and I would have loved to get a pic of it, 7806 was on the M15. :huh:

Wow I can't believe I missed seeing both that day, especially the Bx21. You would expect to see something from your home line. Oh well. :lol:

Interestingly enough, and I would have loved to get a pic of it, 7806 was on the M15.  :huh:

Damn... Can't believe I missed that...

Also, does WF have school trippers on the Bx5? I keep seeing a WF bus on that route every weekday...

How? :o  When did that get to Hale?

This one's archived: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/216-buses-youve-tried/

I recall it being longer (I'm pretty sure I posted in it at one point). 

For those who are interested, there is a hearing for the M5/55 on April 20th.

M5 Bus Route Service Revisions

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) proposes to revise the M5 bus route in Manhattan. These changes are proposed in order to improve reliability on the M5. The M5 would be split into two separate routes: the northern route would run between the George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal at West 178th Street and West 37th Street in Midtown and the southern route (M55) would run between West 37th Street and the South Ferry Terminal.

The M5 is a 12- mile, north-south route that provides local and Limited-stop bus service in Manhattan between the George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal (at West 178th Street) and the South Ferry Terminal. The M5 serves approximately 11,700 daily riders. The M5 is consistently one of the worst performing bus routes in Manhattan and is plagued by operational issues that result in uneven and unreliable service.

Splitting the M5 route into two shorter routes will help to mitigate the effects of delays along the route while allowing for better recovery from delays and providing more even and reliable service for customers.

Date and Place of Hearing

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Hearing begins at 5 p.m.

Registration is from 4–7 p.m.

2 Broadway, 20th Floor

New York, NY 10004

The hearing will begin at 5:00 pm. All registered speakers will be heard. Each speaker is permitted up to three minutes to testify. Comments will be accepted until the close of the hearing.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain