BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I seen a B103 flagging people going TOWARDS the Junction from Caransie on a Saturday Afternoon, that's a first...

The schedule has run like this for a while. Between about 9 AM and 6 PM on weekends buses alternate between Flatbush/Nostrand and Downtown... running every 10 minutes overall.

The schedule has run like this for a while. Between about 9 AM and 6 PM on weekends buses alternate between Flatbush/Nostrand and Downtown... running every 10 minutes overall.

I know, but I doubt that had anything to do with why this particular run was crush loaded as I saw it around E56th Street.

What did that have to do with the bus flagging passengers?

I know, but I doubt that had anything to do with why this particular run was crush loaded as I saw it around E56th Street.

Didn't see that part of the post... sorry.

The Bx5 to Bay Plaza on weekends has been extremely strange. You'll get a bus every now and then carrying a nearly fully seated load and think that maybe Bx5 usage to the mall is gaining some traction. Then you'll see most of the other buses are almost totally empty.

Maybe those buses came during a large gap in Bx12 service at PBP. 

Edited by checkmatechamp13

Jfk depot will start retiring the RTS buses soon. So Bp will start sending the og hybrids to jfk Depot once they get the xd60s. Is it also possible that jfk can get more NGS from other NYCT DEPOTS.

JFK doesn't need hybrids from NYCT

There are not enough hybrids from NYCT to go around and shift over to MTA bus.

The normal map says " Z rush hours, J other times" . This map just has the letters "J" or "J.Z".

relax I doubt it would even be possible for the MTA to remove express or skip stop service without community outrage 

I saw two white XD60's in the back right lot(where employees park their cars) at BP Depot.

Training units.... BP drivers still aren't fully trained on the XD60 yet

I was told this morning from my source that not every driver has had a chance to touch them yet...

Once they get finally trained on them and the wraps are completed then we'll start to see some shifting going on between BP and JFK

Training units.... BP drivers still aren't fully trained on the XD60 yet

I was told this morning from my source that not every driver has had a chance to touch them yet...

Once they get finally trained on them and the wraps are completed then we'll start to see some shifting going on between BP and JFK

Well that's great. I should of mention before that I saw "Training Bus" sign on them.