BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no...it feels like there's a device that's not letting the bus do over 25 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Most of those JFK hybrids are governed between 40-50 mph. It definitely sounds like the operator isn't pushing it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Edited by Cait Sith

The M60 needs to up its frequency, especially on weekends. One M60 to the airport was so packed almost no one could get on. And the next M60 to the airport, 12-15 min away.

That bunching is a constant problem with the M60 its like they like running in packs or supm...

Oh wow, fire engine and bus at intersection. That bus have cameras covering all angles so investigation shouldn't last long.

It's a LGA bus right?

AND

Does anyone know what route it was doing at the time of the accident? Jus t curious

Edited by pranavbhat924

Just counted 7 B17's going down Remsen Avenue from Eastern Parkway to Canarsie and no B47's heading to Kings Plaza. However, 4 B47's heading to WoodHull. Really horrendous if you ask me.

I really think that Grand Avenue doesn't have a hold on this route. Plagued with delays. The (MTA) needs to do something with this at once. Time and time again it's been spoken on this board that the line needs to split up and this here is a prime reason. I don't know the actually headways for the line. However, one shouldn't have to wait over 1/2 hour during rush hour to hop on a bus.

Just counted 7 B17's going down Remsen Avenue from Eastern Parkway to Canarsie and no B47's heading to Kings Plaza. However, 4 B47's heading to WoodHull. Really horrendous if you ask me.

I really think that Grand Avenue doesn't have a hold on this route. Plagued with delays. The (MTA) needs to do something with this at once. Time and time again it's been spoken on this board that the line needs to split up and this here is a prime reason. I don't know the actually headways for the line. However, one shouldn't have to wait over 1/2 hour during rush hour to hop on a bus.

The 47 was 2 separate routes (40 north of ENY Av, 78 south of Sutter-Rutland). They new combo is too long, with absmyal headways (I think at its peak it's 8-10 mins).

The 47 was 2 separate routes (40 north of ENY Av, 78 south of Sutter-Rutland). They new combo is too long, with absmyal headways (I think at its peak it's 8-10 mins).

Turtle. I get all of that. However, it's the absmyal headways I can't understand on that route. In the morning, they like to run in bunches, and same during rush hour with no buses in between. During the midday the route is often treated like a senior citizen line and honestly it is not.