BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

If you guys are going shiny hunting today, here are some things to look out for (all based on BusTime):

Bx4/A: 6855, 6900, 4924 (not showing up on bus time now, but presumably laying over)

Bx5: 6898

Bx12/SBS: local had one og but it's offline now (forgot number), might come back into service, SBS has 6856, 6865, 6878, 6895

Bx16: 6848

Bx26: 6858

Bx30: 6868, 5168

Bx38: one OG I forgot the number to, again it may or may not run

Bx39: 6862, 6864

Bx42: 6889, 5169

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well damn. I just looked at the Bx4/A. Two Buses are worth catching today (although both may end up on the other variant since they are the same route basically), 4924 and 6900 respectively. If that's the tip of the iceberg (see what I did there?), I can wait to see other routes.

Just saw 4660 on the select 12 too.

I think there's just one artic (5795) out ATM...

Well, the artics are slowly being let back on artic routes, some on the Bx1/2, B44, most are on the Bx9 but none on the Q44

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

There's an artic on the Q10 now too.

Oh boy, there's an RTS on the M60 SBS. That poor driver, I hope they still get paid that artic differential (i don't know what they call it exactly) today.

Edited by paulrivera

http://mtanyctransitfanon.wikia.com/wiki/MTA_Regional_Bus_Codes_(mtamaster_edition)

Not mine, but I just LOL'ed at some of these codes...

Actually, I agree with you "Q43LTD"...this is very funny. Interesting BUT funny. Imagine if some of these routes were actually in service. Could that be a good thing...or a bad thing?

Edited by The TransitMan

I was looking at them, are some of these codes really in the system like the B102, Q86 and etc? They seem made up in my opinion.

Well the Q86 according to this is what the current Q36 to Little Neck is.

Also it reminded me why isn't the Q16 labeled as Q16A/B.

Lol, Q70 to Penn would instantly kill reliability on that route.

Of course, like that Q68 LTD from Flushing to Midtown. I don't think ECH could handle anymore local routes. Some of them aren't bad tho

I was looking at them, are some of these codes really in the system like the B102, Q86 and etc? They seem made up in my opinion.

Nope. Some are made up. Just like that "new" Williamsburg" depot in BC