BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently, there's a charter bus that runs from Narrows Road North & Richmond Road to Lincoln Tech in Union, NJ via Jersey City. But it's only for students, not the general public. It's a shame because it would be nice if there were more SI-NJ options

Yep, great catch, I found it on their website. I agree. I found some interesting information about the s89 setup that I will share soon - it has some nuggets (I don't think it was shared here) or if anything it is an interesting read.

Are you saying that because you have to wait for the bus to stop to open the doors, and wait until the doors are closed to leave? Or because its very loud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean the interlocks suck. It seems to take a good second or two to get moving after the B/O releases the brakes. Or at least thats what I perceive is happening. Edited by Missabassie

I mean the interlocks suck. It seems to take a good second or two to get moving after the B/O releases the brakes. Or at least thats what I perceive is happening.

You are correct, we have to wait until the doors fully close and seal, thus releasing the interlock before the bus can move.

Yep, great catch, I found it on their website. I agree. I found some interesting information about the s89 setup that I will share soon - it has some nuggets (I don't think it was shared here) or if anything it is an interesting read.

.... As in a possible s89 extension? Or even another SI-NJ bus route. If so, that would be great.

how would that affect the interlocking (From someone who basically knows next to nothing about how interlockings work)

With our (local) buses, the interlock is intertwined with the back door and the kneeler. You can drive off with the front door open (given the kneeler is up and the interlock released), but an alarm will sound, and with the Novas, the doors will automatically close.

Same thing in reverse. If you're going at speed and open the front doors, an alarm will sound until you stop then the doors open.

LOL@dreaming about transit...

Hey you can dream about transit along with many other unrelated things. I once dreamt that I was on vacation on some luxury island and then I saw my boss there too. That might have meant something lol. 

It's at Grand Av still pending investigation

What happened with 3972 did it go to Scrap or did they fixed it at Fresh pond depot

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

I'm no insider, but I feel like its gonna be a while before 3972 goes back into service. 

Hey you can dream about transit along with many other unrelated things. I once dreamt that I was on vacation on some luxury island and then I saw my boss there too. That might have meant something lol.

I'm no insider, but I feel like its gonna be a while before 3972 goes back into service.

I heard 4133 is at MHV also being fixed but idk what happened to it. Does anyone know?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I heard 4133 is at MHV also being fixed but idk what happened to it. Does anyone know?

It must of broke down doing a regular run. It should be running in a few days as nothing serious happened to the unit. 

I have a question for the M shuttle is MJQ going to give busses to grand avanue or fresh pond to cover service

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

Both depots got buses from Yukon to supplement the (M) shuttle. Also, ENY, Flatbush and Gleason are going to help out with the shuttle. So far, Quill isn't sending anything to Brooklyn for a two month shuttle.

It must of broke down doing a regular run. It should be running in a few days as nothing serious happened to the unit. Both depots got buses from Yukon to supplement the (M) shuttle. Also, ENY, Flatbush and Gleason are going to help out with the shuttle. So far, Quill isn't sending anything to Brooklyn for a two month shuttle.

It did when was this? Also is 4133 the beginning of MHV getting the 4000s and 4100s because of the incoming LFS orders?