BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Seen them on Fulton and Nostrand. 2 hours before your time stamp. They blitzing today.

I love when they catch people off guard, and today is the perfect day to get them... It's Friday and people are feeling all nice.. Pay day!   :D  :lol: Never forget it... Was walking to the express bus one morning, and this black guy says you walk so confident. It must be pay day (it wasn't).  :lol:

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love when they catch people off guard, and today is the perfect day to get them... It's Friday and people are feeling all nice.. Pay day! :D:lol: Never forget it... Was walking to the express bus one morning, and this black guy says you walk so confident. It must be pay day (it wasn't). :lol:

Exactly. Gotta catch people making fools of themselves when the eagle team is in town.

Must be a small world....

Alright, which 3 of you on here was on #5058 (y'all rode from Kings Plaza to Av H) talking about turning FLA into an all artic depot, Ulmer into an all express depot, having a bunch of local routes moved to SC to help ENY, with the B82 in-particular split between FLA & SC, the B15 split b/w ENY & SC, the B6 moved to ENY, the B103 to run out of FLA? There were some others, but I can't remember them all....

The guy with the popeyes that turned around & looked at y'all like this:

giphy.gif

Yeah man, that was me.

Y'all could've done without the racist shit, but aside from that, E. Honda & Goro combined couldn't hand out enough facepalms for the nonsense you three were saying (which definitely didn't stop at the above)....

...E. Honda & Goro combined couldn't hand out enough facepalms for the nonsense you three were saying (which definitely didn't stop at the above)....

THIS...is the most epic face palm comment I've ever heard in my 39 years! Sir, I tip my had to you and would ask permission to use this phrase instead of just my usual "yoink!" When wanting to take and use a comment!

I'm now going to continue to laugh out loud at work at this!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Must be a small world....

Alright, which 3 of you on here was on #5058 (y'all rode from Kings Plaza to Av H) talking about turning FLA into an all artic depot, Ulmer into an all express depot, having a bunch of local routes moved to SC to help ENY, with the B82 in-particular split between FLA & SC, the B15 split b/w ENY & SC, the B6 moved to ENY, the B103 to run out of FLA? There were some others, but I can't remember them all....

The guy with the popeyes that turned around & looked at y'all like this:

giphy.gif

Yeah man, that was me.

Y'all could've done without the racist shit, but aside from that, E. Honda & Goro combined couldn't hand out enough facepalms for the nonsense you three were saying (which definitely didn't stop at the above)....

LMFAOOOOOOO... this has to be post of the day if not the year... :lol:

Now that my mind isn't on other things, I remember most of what was said yesterday... I'll sum it up (to my understanding anyway, because there were scattered arguments on multiple points):

- "There's like, way too much Selects running today"... "You know more people do shopping on the weekend"... "Still though"

(When we left KP, there were 5 of them on layover.... I was not waiting on that long ass line for the SBS anyway... luckily, the wait for the local wasn't too bad....)

- "Queens routes should stay in Queens" (So much for interborough travel)

- "B100, that route should get cut....." (I won't reiterate the remark that was said for their justification for cutting it)

- "The B35 should be moved to Flatbush too, and what's that other route that go downtown...." (almost choked on my chicken tender chuckling when I heard this)

- Spring Creek would have the B13, 14, 15 (split, ENY), 42, 82 (split, FLA), 83, 84...

- ENY would have the B6,  B7 , B12, B15 (split, SC), B17, B25 , B45, B47, B65

- Grand would have the B24, B32, B39, B48, B57, B60, B62

- FLA would have the B41, 44, 46, 82 (split, SC), B103

- Ulmer would have every express bus route that operates out of Brooklyn....

- FP would have... only the B20, B26, B52, B54

anything in red was specifically mentioned... anything else are current operations of that route's depot that would be left..

* FLA becomes a Tuskegee knockoff (all artic depot)

* Nothing was ever said about where the B2, 31, or 49 would go

* Nothing was ever said about where any of the UP locals would go

* Nothing was ever said about where any of the current Queens routes that operate out of Brooklyn based depots would go

* Nothing... Amounts to the collective IQ's of you three... smh....

(come defend y'all selves...)

Didn't QJtransit______ live in Spring Creek.... Hmmmm..... 

THIS...is the most epic face palm comment I've ever heard in my 39 years! Sir, I tip my had to you and would ask permission to use this phrase instead of just my usual "yoink!" When wanting to take and use a comment!
I'm now going to continue to laugh out loud at work at this!

LMFAOOOOOOO... this has to be post of the day if not the year... :lol:

That shit is epic!!!! #B35 lmao

Lol... Wasn't expecting this, but thanks famms....

- Far Rock... Sure, by all means... lol....

- ENY... :lol: @ hashtag B35!

Last time I checked, Flatbush ain't Tuskegee

Same shit I said to myself when I heard that.... Don't know where all these artics are going (the B103 & the B82 have a shitload of trips in its own right), but okay... Lol....

Deadheads be damned!

Lol at all Brooklyn Express bus routes from UP.

However, I do think that perhaps the current BM's shouldn't all be based out of SC when the merger is done.

If possible, I would have the BM1 and BM4 be based out of Flatbush, while the BM2 and BM5 stay at Spring Creek. The BM3 can either join the BM1 and BM4 at Flatbush, or join the X27/28/37/38 at UP.

Theoretical speaking, there would also have to be a shuffle of local bus routes. The B44 would become either a FP and/or GA route, and depending on that, the B47/B60 goes to SC and/or B7 goes to Flatbush/B13 goes to SC. Just a thought.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven Bl

Lol at all Brooklyn Express bus routes from UP.

However, I do think that perhaps the current BM's shouldn't all be based out of SC when the merger is done.

If possible, I would have the BM1 and BM4 be based out of Flatbush, while the BM2 and BM5 stay at Spring Creek. The BM3 can either join the BM1 and BM4 at Flatbush, or join the X27/28/37/38 at UP.

Theoretical speaking, there would also have to be a shuffle of local bus routes. The B44 would become either a FP and/or GA route, and depending on that, the B47/B60 goes to SC and/or B7 goes to Flatbush/B13 goes to SC. Just a thought.

Ulmer does a good job with the NYCT exp. bus routes, but I wouldn't go too crazy with splitting the BM's across multiple depots like that  either.... I personally wouldn't run any expresses out of Flatbush, so I guess that means keeping them all at SC....

As for the depot where routes go to die (lol), the last thing I'd do is add anymore Brooklyn routes..... I actually think that some of those LGA (the depot) routes should run out of Grand - namely the Q18, 39, and the Q67....

* Currently, Grand operates the what, B13, B24, B39, B32, B62, B47, B48, B57, Q59, and B60.... With split operations of the B38.

* I'd have it as to where the lineup would look like: B24, B39, B32, B62, B57, Q18, Q39, Q59, and Q67... With split operations of the Q54.

B13 either goes back to FP, or over to SC.... B47 goes back to Flatbush.... B60 goes back to ENY... B48 goes back to JG...

Something has to give with the Q54; having all operations out of FP might be part of the problem....

(much like when they had the B15 out of Grand)

I say all that to say, I'd want zero part of the B44 at FP and/or Grand.....

Ulmer does a good job with the NYCT exp. bus routes, but I wouldn't go too crazy with splitting the BM's across multiple depots like that  either.... I personally wouldn't run any expresses out of Flatbush, so I guess that means keeping them all at SC....

As for the depot where routes go to die (lol), the last thing I'd do is add anymore Brooklyn routes..... I actually think that some of those LGA (the depot) routes should run out of Grand - namely the Q18, 39, and the Q67....

* Currently, Grand operates the what, B13, B24, B39, B32, B62, B47, B48, B57, Q59, and B60.... With split operations of the B38.

* I'd have it as to where the lineup would look like: B24, B39, B32, B62, B57, Q18, Q39, Q59, and Q67... With split operations of the Q54.

B13 either goes back to FP, or over to SC.... B47 goes back to Flatbush.... B60 goes back to ENY... B48 goes back to JG...

Something has to give with the Q54; having all operations out of FP might be part of the problem....

(much like when they had the B15 out of Grand)

I say all that to say, I'd want zero part of the B44 at FP and/or Grand.....

Agree.  I just think SC needs drivers that learn to shut up and drive. Those guys do too much damn yapping on the weekends. It's like hey don't you see how few people are on the buses now compared to before.  There's a reason for that...  <_<

The Q54 seriously has its own set of problems. It might be with the drivers playing games, or the clueless dispatchers, it's always something with that line. Missing runs or bunched buses, once I saw 3 buses operating back to back, I believe two of them ended runs at Fresh Pond Rd and the other went the full way. But the timing of them is just bad in general. I don't know if splitting operations is better because it doesn't carry too many people.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

The other day I was on an XN40 from JG (can't remember the fleet number). I was sitting in the back and heard a weird screeching noice.

That could be a number of things, either the HVAC or when the operator makes a hard stop, it tends to screech.

Agree.  I just think SC needs drivers that learn to shut up and drive. Those guys do too much damn yapping on the weekends. It's like hey don't you see how few people are on the buses now compared to before.  There's a reason for that...  <_<

are they the younger drivers?

Saw it at Penn Station. Around 6:30PM there were about 5-6 buses that have at most one person on it

Today is not really a day to evaluate anything. During the summer people tend to take off Monday's a lot, and since last week was July 4th, I'm sure people had long vacations.  As we get later into the week, then we'll see who is doing what.  

Today is not really a day to evaluate anything. During the summer people tend to take off Monday's a lot, and since last week was July 4th, I'm sure people had long vacations. As we get later into the week, then we'll see who is doing what.

Yeah I'll give it a week to observe something as I stop by there during my commute anyways. Not sure how well the Grand Central Buses are doing though, could be a measurement of how many people will ride direct LIRR to GC in the future Edited by Mtatransit