BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

D4500CTs. J4500s are not for the transit market.

Them tall Js won't even suit the transit agency. They are not built to transit modifications

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I have a question: Since when the M4 & Q32 was rerouted to 37th St on a permanent basis?

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Them tall Js won't even suit the transit agency. They are not built to transit modifications

I have a question: Since when the M4 & Q32 was rerouted to 37th St on a permanent basis?

I honestly just love the headlights and taillights on those buses. Especially the newer 2014-2017 models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The express bus can't help me if I'm coming from Bushwick. The Q38 has issues at all times of the day, including on Sunday evenings. I've seen bunching on the Q38 during those times as well.

IDK why each of the buses were bunching like that, and the worse part of all, all three of them synchronized at the same interval to bunch with buses only going SB (the Q38 in both directions-nothing on the Penelope Leg). It's amazing how the Q54 somehow was the only one to actually show up. The Q38 has it's problems during evenings, but I've never seen anything like that, and at that time (10:30 PM-11 PM). There was no traffic, so the mall has nothing to do with it. 

I have bad luck with the Q47. Even in the rush, when I miss a Q47 in Jackson Heights, the next one is either approaching Astoria Boulevard, or still on layover at Marine Air Terminal. Yesterday, when I went to drop something off, I missed the Q47 because it was EARLY. That was a first, and since the next Q47 was over 20 minutes away, I was not pleased. Went down to the Q38 to take whatever bus in whatever direction came first, and they both took forever. 

The Q47 runs on 80 Street, which is a wide street, so it's not Middle Village that messes up the Q47. The Q29 and Q38 do pass through narrower roads, but usually those are non-issues. The Q38's issues are exacerbated by construction on the Fresh Pond Road Bridge (which is why the (M) runs two shuttle buses to Myrtle Avenue during the daytime hours). The delays on the Q29 has to be due traffic throughout the portion north of Dry Harbor Road.

Roosevelt kills the 47, there's always a massive line at 74th st too. Even on late night buses. The Q29 bunches i think just based on the fact that service is infrequent during certain times of the day and alot of people end up waiting for it. So one is stuck picking up.. Usually, if the first bus skips layover the problem is solved.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile appI have a question: Since when the M4 & Q32 was rerouted to 37th St on a permanent basis?

Since November 1, 2015

I honestly just love the headlights and taillights on those buses. Especially the newer 2014-2017 models.

FYI, the new J was designed by BMW exclusively for MCI.

Yep around that time as a result of the stupid vison zero's no left turns on 34th at 7th ave

They should allow buses only to turn on that intersection. Buses don't generate traffic stops unless if it breaks down.

I believe these operate similar to the Flushing ones, where turns are banned so that traffic flows better, not just because of vision zero.

Yep around that time as a result of the stupid vison zero's no left turns on 34th at 7th ave

It wasn't because of Vision Zero. In order to improve traffic flow on 34th, they banned left turns. Left turns was one of the leading cause of traffic problems within that area between 34th/6th & 34th/8th in both directions, as buses and other vehicles turning left onto 7th would have to sit there and wait until it clears. That usually was a very short window.

Edited by Cait Sith

I would've never guessed that Spring Creek would be on a shuttle. They're currently on the E-F Shuttles.

1). Very rare to see Spring Creek doing a shuttle route

2) ....and since they are apart of the Queens Division. I'm only guessing that they may get more work on the shuttles out in Queens. When they were in Brooklyn Division, they didn't do any. (Unless I could be wrong)

1). Very rare to see Spring Creek doing a shuttle route

2) ....and since they are apart of the Queens Division. I'm only guessing that they may get more work on the shuttles out in Queens. When they were in Brooklyn Division, they didn't do any. (Unless I could be wrong)

On top of that, JFK is also on this shuttle!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yep it was a last minute change and there were a few operators that could cover the runs, so they were sent out. Full force next weekend as 7-11 said.

There were a lot of them out today, and yesterday. Mostly Castleton & Yukon operators.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Did the 1200 Novas ever get repainted? They look like they've never been in the shops.

I would say no.  I see some of them in the Bronx sometimes while on the express bus, and they look incredibly run down.  Looks like they just take them off of the SBS routes and put them on the local lines and call it a day.

I would say no. I see some of them in the Bronx sometimes while on the express bus, and they look incredibly run down. Looks like they just take them off of the SBS routes and put them on the local lines and call it a day.

I wonder if they forgot about those buses, especially the ones that came off SBS.

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888