BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I can't for the Bx6 to get SBS. That courthouse traffic is horrible in the mornings. Today it took 13 minutes to get from Yankee Stadium to Sheridan Avenue (1 stop away mind you). It usually happens but since they are making the eastbound tunnel bus only, maybe it will speed up travel time in the mornings. 

Honestly I can't for the Bx6 to get SBS. That courthouse traffic is horrible in the mornings. Today it took 13 minutes to get from Yankee Stadium to Sheridan Avenue (1 stop away mind you). It usually happens but since they are making the eastbound tunnel bus only, maybe it will speed up travel time in the mornings.

Was a date released yet?

Service Change  Posted: 07/21/2017  7:44PM 

Q46, QM5 and QM6 buses are detoured due to a non-MTA accident at Union Tpke and Main St.

Detour is as follows:

Q46, QM5 and QM6 Westbound: Via Union Tpke, left on Main St, right on Queens Blvd and regular route.

Allow additional travel time.

Service Change  Posted: 07/21/2017  7:41PM 

Q46, QM5 and QM6 buses are detoured, due to paving on Union Tpke between Parsons Blvd and 168 St.

Q46, QM5 and QM6 Westbound: Via Union Tpke, left on 168 St, right on Goethals Av, right on 164 St, left on Union Tpke and regular route.

Allow additional travel time.

WTH is this lmao  :lol:

http://service.mta.info/ServiceStatus/statusmessage.aspx

Edited by IAlam

I saw a couple RTS being stored at CS the other day anyone know what they're being stored for?

What depot are they from? Some depots don't need as many buses during the summer cause there's no school trippers.  I remember Jamaica sent some of it's RTS to Stengel either last summer or the one before that. Jamaica's a pretty small depot, making some room. 

C

What depot are they from? Some depots don't need as many buses during the summer cause there's no school trippers.  I remember Jamaica sent some of it's RTS to Stengel either last summer or the one before that. Jamaica's a pretty small depot, making some room. 

Can't really tell looking from the (7) but, I wouldn't be surprised if it came from Jamaica

Do you think buses should be committed more to highways and boulevards and less to one-way roads and smaller avenues (as long as walking distance is not more than a half mile)?

I'm asking because buses have HOV permits and I feel they're underutilized. I also feel it'd help with congestion and help buses avoid snarls and intersections where pedestrian-related fatalities occur.

Operation-wise...for subway shuttles, why doesn't the MTA maintain a yard full of "hot spares" retired from active service that can be pressed into service as shuttles at one central location and have drivers volunteering to work a shuttle report to that yard and pick up a bus (or relieve another driver from that pool of buses)? Approximately 200 or so buses could be maintained this way.