BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

54 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

Except it was drivers complaining...and the MTA was furious with Akademiks in 2004 when Akademiks ran an ad with the tag line: Read Books. Get Brain. (Of course, no one at the MTA knew what "getting brain" really meant.)

It wasn't only drivers complaining.... But since you bring it up, I'm not buying for a second that there's any quantifiable phenomena of female b/o's getting hit on, causing safety concerns, due to some ad.... I wouldn't put it past some female b/o that morally disapproves of the ad to conjure up a false narrative indicative of rape culture.....

Mighty funny how this wasn't a problem worth publicizing before these ads came about - like female b/o's weren't getting hit on before the fact.....

You're gonna get men thinking with their d*cks, regardless of some ad on some bus(es)..... Now I'm not saying that's right, but let's not sit here & pretend that an ad that reads Museum of Sex is having whatever amount of men wide-eyed, beating their chest, phallus solid, making monkey noises & shit, trying to slide up in something sweet right quick....

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

It wasn't only drivers complaining.... But since you bring it up, I'm not buying for a second that there's any quantifiable phenomena of female b/o's getting hit on, causing safety concerns, due to some ad.... I wouldn't put it past some female b/o that morally disapproves of the ad to conjure up a false narrative indicative of rape culture.....

Mighty funny how this wasn't a problem worth publicizing before these ads came about - like female b/o's weren't getting hit on before the fact.....

You're gonna get men thinking with their d*cks, regardless of some ad on some bus(es)..... Now I'm not saying that's right, but let's not sit here & pretend that an ad that reads Museum of Sex is having whatever amount of men wide-eyed, beating their chest, phallus solid, making monkey noises & shit, trying to slide up in something sweet right quick....

#metoo era bullshht.

50 minutes ago, Yankees4life said:

I don't really care for the Museum of Sex ads. It's a way for the MTA to make extra money. That is all.

Any New(er) Flyer Artics coming in Flatbush?

Check the Fleets and Depots thread to see what attics Flatbush will be getting.

43 minutes ago, Yankees4life said:

Seems to be a few coming over and honestly the B41 can use some Artics...

It could, but the new artics are reserved for SBS service at this time. They are getting 57 buses, 38 or so of which will go to replace the current B44 SBS fleet, and the rest will go to finally making the B46 SBS Artic ops, which should’ve been done many moons ago.

5 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

The B46 has dollar vans and jitneys along Utica and it’s getting artics soon. I don’t see why not the B41 can’t get artics. They could the 2013 XD60s from the Bronx since the mta wants Brooklyn all new flyer. But it is what it is. 🤷‍♂️

Leave those filthy XD60’s in the Bronx where they belong. Don’t need any of Gun Hill’s trash and Kingsbridge trash on Flatbush Avenue. #Fin. 🤷🏽‍♂️  

That XD60 transfer to Brooklyn got scrapped many moons ago. 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Leave those filthy XD60’s in the Bronx where they belong. Don’t need any of Gun Hill’s trash and Kingsbridge trash on Flatbush Avenue. #Fin. 🤷🏽‍♂️  

i agree 100%. however, IF those 47xx-series xd60's left the bx in some weird circumstance, i could think of no other line in the system that they should make service on. they'd fit perfectly on the 41 (not saying artics are definitively destined for the 41, although the headways are slowly becoming artic ready, but i digress) i wouldn't want new artics on Flatbush trading paint with those jitney/dollar van savages. 

5 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

i agree 100%. however, IF those 47xx-series xd60's left the bx in some weird circumstance, i could think of no other line in the system that they should make service on. they'd fit perfectly on the 41 (not saying artics are definitively destined for the 41, although the headways are slowly becoming artic ready, but i digress) i wouldn't want new artics on Flatbush trading paint with those jitney/dollar van savages. 

At some point. That will happen. Remember, the 41 is one of the buses considered for SBS service. 2019/2020 at the earliest and the bus orders are gearing towards SBS related equipment. So, those filthy buses in the Bronx will stay in the Bronx. 

16 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

41 won’t get artic conversion anytime soon. Before that you have to deal with the dollar van jitney bus situation first and other issues along Flatbush Avenue. 

The question is, do they even want to?

The conversion from vans to mini-buses, tells me a lot..... Quite a bit of the mini-bus drivers live over in this general area too; anywhere over there b/w E. 43rd & E. 45th, anywhere b/w Linden & Snyder, you'll see more than a handful of them parked....

Anyway, I don't know about you, but here in 2018, I see a grand total of Zero regulation..... NYPD will hound the Church av cabs from time to time (most of the time, it's due to them picking up pax. at bus stops), but along Flatbush? Nope, nothin doing... When the Utica vans were just as prevalent as the Flatbush vans (waayyyyy before the mini-bus influx), cops would actually stop the van drivers from time to time....

About a month or so ago after coming from the Rockaways on the Q35, I saw one of the Flatbush minibuses brazen enough to pick up pax at the B46 SBS stop at Kings Plaza.... Said to myself, don't tell me they're starting up that shit again - That's what got them booted over there to picking up pax over there on the NE corner of Flatbush/Av U in the first place.....

15 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Leave those filthy XD60’s in the Bronx where they belong. Don’t need any of Gun Hill’s trash and Kingsbridge trash on Flatbush Avenue.

#Fin. 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

9 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

At some point. That will happen. Remember, the 41 is one of the buses considered for SBS service. 2019/2020 at the earliest and the bus orders are gearing towards SBS related equipment. So, those filthy buses in the Bronx will stay in the Bronx. 

Lmao.... Tell 'em how you really feel.

Edited by B35 via Church

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

The question is, do they even want to?

The conversion from vans to mini-buses, tells me a lot..... Quite a bit of the mini-bus drivers live over in this general area too; anywhere over there b/w E. 43rd & E. 45th, anywhere b/w Linden & Snyder, you'll see more than a handful of them parked....

1) You have those same vans parked in parts of Canarsie and Southside Crown Heights along Troy, Albany and Kingston Avenues. Also, the general area for these drivers are around the Linden, Snyder, Church, Tilden from the 40’s to low 50’s  

Anyway, I don't know about you, but here in 2018, I see a grand total of Zero regulation..... NYPD will hound the Church av cabs from time to time (most of the time, it's due to them picking up pax. at bus stops), but along Flatbush? Nope, nothin doing... When the Utica vans were just as prevalent as the Flatbush vans (waayyyyy before the mini-bus influx), cops would actually stop the van drivers from time to time....

Can’t believe it too. All the cops along Utica and Flatbush are just like f*ck it at this point  

About a month or so ago after coming from the Rockaways on the Q35, I saw one of the Flatbush minibuses brazen enough to pick up pax at the B46 SBS stop at Kings Plaza.... Said to myself, don't tell me they're starting up that shit again - That's what got them booted over there to picking up pax over there on the NE corner of Flatbush/Av U in the first place.

Saw plenty of activity in front of Kings Plaza last night. Since the assembly person for that district retired, the police presence VERY LAXED. These vans are parked all over the mall including Avenue U & Flatbush by the liquor store. 

Answers in bold. 

It’s a sad day in Brooklyn. That’s all.  #carryon. 

The assemblyman that retired is now my councilman (Alan Maisel). In 2012, Nostrand Avenue became the dividing line (which it was not prior to the redistricting and Michael Nelson was the councilman) with the east side becoming the district of Alan Meisel and the other side was given to Chaim Deutsch. 

As far the cops not doing their job when it comes to the vans, put the blame where it belongs at City Hall's doorstep.

Quite honestly, does anyone care anymore when it comes to government as would never know there are three other congressional primaries (possibly more that I am not aware of at this time) besides the Grimm v. Donovan  race that the media seems to trumpeting at every opportunity. Yvette Clarke, Gregory Meeks and Joe Crowley all have primary challengers  with the last one I found out completely by accident. I can just imagine the large turnout that there will be to vote in the congressional districts where there has been virtually no publicity as to voting on Tuesday June 26. 

I know that I will be hearing and seeing the phonies in the media taking pictures of the poll workers doing nothing but the workers cannot cajole and virtually drag potential voters into the polling places to vote nor just look busy  when the media appears with their cameras. We will hear how much money was wasted on this election where the percentage of voters  that cast ballots will be either in the high single digits or the very low double digits and then have the same persons that are complaining  blame everyone  else but themselves for a low turnout. 

19 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

The B46 has dollar vans and jitneys along Utica and it’s getting artics soon. I don’t see why not the B41 can’t get artics. They could the 2013 XD60s from the Bronx since the mta wants Brooklyn all new flyer. But it is what it is. 🤷‍♂️

No they do not. This kind of $hit needs to stop. Gun Hill goes and trashes several brand new fleets of buses and then when they get trashed enough they send them to Brooklyn? NAh fam..

Keep that trash right in the bronx...Brooklyn has it bad enough we dont even have much artics worse off ran down crap from other depots....

On 6/16/2018 at 11:44 PM, Future ENY OP said:

They might be filthy, but they can take a beating better than the older LFSA's (So far so good with the new batch of Novas tho, let's see if those new artics can handle GH and KB's shoddy upkeep.)

I personally like them white and blue XD60's.

Edited by paulrivera