BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

8 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

No they do not. This kind of $hit needs to stop. Gun Hill goes and trashes several brand new fleets of buses and then when they get trashed enough they send them to Brooklyn? NAh fam..

Keep that trash right in the bronx...Brooklyn has it bad enough we dont even have much artics worse off ran down crap from other depots....

I wonder what seems so difficult about ACTUALLY taking time to clean those buses.

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

No they do not. This kind of $hit needs to stop. Gun Hill goes and trashes several brand new fleets of buses and then when they get trashed enough they send them to Brooklyn? NAh fam..

Keep that trash right in the bronx...Brooklyn has it bad enough we dont even have much artics worse off ran down crap from other depots....

Tell dem why you mad.

Besides, East New York won’t be artic ready until 2020/2021. By than those XD60 47xx buses would be 8 years old at the earliest. 

17 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Because there is no (MTA) route that duplicates the section on Boston Rd.

The Bx30 north of Gun Hill Road to just before the city line...Bee Line's 60, 61, and 62 are all open-door, although all services have an open-door policy. This is likely as a result of when the old Bx7 (pre-Bronx Division realignment) was discontinued. (Today's Bx7 was the M100 in the Bronx.)

17 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

To be fair, Brooklyn is nowhere near safe from that either....the borough has had brand new buses that's gotten trashed, and then they were sent elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

Funny. It said Spring 2018

There haven't been any announcements on the MTA website, bus stops, or on bus stops. Buses don't detour. Plus, the schedule doesn't show Bulova as a stop. Bustime shows the route, but that's about it.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

12 minutes ago, Missabassie said:

I know, its the latter. I saw 5976 on the M101 a couple of weeks ago, it just had   76 on the front....

That's the same with a lot of the former Quill SBS units. The unwrapping process might of been rushed because the buses looked rough when the wraps came off the 5200's and 5900's at Quill, Tuskegee, and the Bronx. The scenario you mentioned is similar to the majority of the the unwrapped SBS units (missing number decals). Some in The Bronx came off way worse, like how the blue stripe of 5968 came off entirely once the SBS wrap was taken off.

5 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Question, does mta have ability to activate a shuttle bus bridge in an emergency say if a certain line closed in a segment due to a person under train etc?

Yes, they do it all the time. They will grab anyone for overtime and pull buses off their runs for the shuttle. 

12 hours ago, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

This evening around 7pm at Woodhaven Blvd and the LIE, I saw a deadheading QM12 with an interesting headsign. I wasnt able to get a pic. 

It said somthing to the effect of 

(MTA) Your pollution solution

Has anyone else seen this on the MCIs?

That must be a new one... Never seen it before.

14 hours ago, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

This evening around 7pm at Woodhaven Blvd and the LIE, I saw a deadheading QM12 with an interesting headsign. I wasnt able to get a pic. 

I haven't seen this on an MCI, but rather on an OG and RTS.

interesting PR message, too bad they don't use it more often.

1 hour ago, Orion6025 said:

I haven't seen this on an MCI, but rather on an OG and RTS.

interesting PR message, too bad they don't use it more often.

16 hours ago, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

It's the old Earth Fair code, last updated back in 2013..

EARTH FAIR 2013

(MTA) Your Daily Pollution Solution

2 hours ago, KK 6 Ave Local said:

New SI express bus network:

[Video]

Lol at the comments section. Some guy named Brian P. is venting about his commute apparently being changed to include two buses (not sure), and another one is complaining about how useless express bus service is and how subways would be better instead, in addition to talk about subway extensions to Staten Island

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

I wonder how XN-60s pop up on the Bx12 SBS, even though its at West Farms CNG powered. 

It’s flawed logic but I ain’t complaining 😆 

Plus, they’ve put CNG buses at Gun Hill before (never an entire fleet, but no more than a handful... this ain’t my pic btw)

orion7pic9.jpg

Edited by paulrivera

1 minute ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Lol at the comments section. Some guy named Brian P. is venting about his commute apparently being changed to include two buses (not sure), and another one is complaining about how useless express bus service is and how subways would be better instead, in addition to talk about subway extensions to Staten Island

He's been at the meetings. Basically, he lives in Grasmere and would either have to take the S53 to the SIM6 or the SIM10 to a crosstown bus (because service between northern Hylan and East Midtown has been eliminated).

Funny enough, I've seen comments about how people are going to go back to taking the ferry and it'll cost the MTA revenue, when that's exactly what the MTA wants (since on an absolute basis, express buses have a greater subsidy per passenger than local buses, especially peak express riders)