BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's Sunday, it must mean it's time for a QM B/O to play games. Claiming the bus isnt dropping off on 6th ave past 45th st.  I had to point out the actual detour on the MTA site saying to only skip the stop near the VMAs at Radio City. Finally the B/O says "oh ok no problem" 

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

It's not MTA unless you get a coding error.

The majority of the express buses sat over the weekend so the fareboxes didn't get updated, which explains why ops were putting up the old signs. They're working on that rn. Better late than never, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Wow...Sold indeed... 

It's easier work out and moving up in seniority is quick. Make 2 years next month and I'm already seeing weekends off. Kinda hard to give that up for Tues-Wed in Brooklyn.

7 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

The majority of the express buses sat over the weekend so the fareboxes didn't get updated, which explains why ops were putting up the old signs. They're working on that rn. Better late than never, I suppose.

It's easier work out and moving up in seniority is quick. Make 2 years next month and I'm already seeing weekends off. Kinda hard to give that up for Tues-Wed in Brooklyn.

Same thing when the (W) came back. Instead of updating the programs two weeks before they waited 6 months until they updated everything.

2 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Well at least we know you'll be at the depot when it's snowing out (cough cough). All of those B/Os calling out sick that live in NJ etc... lol This will be part of the new "re-design" as well...

Does CAS have a route similar to the old X10 which runs off peak and weekends? I always wanted to ride an Prevost on a CAS express route cause seeing such a raggedy depot like CAS have a fancy bus like the Prevost is pretty cool. My only two rides on the X10 were old MCIs near retirement age (which is enjoyed, don't get me wrong)

Was gonna fan the X10 one last time but I just didn't feel like it. 

Also is it still only three SI express routes that run off peak and weekends?