Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

I know right now the (MTA) is not in the business of opening new depots at this time. However, I'm getting the feeling that there's overcrowding throughout the whole system.  Even with the openings of Grand Avenue, Charleston and Meredith in recent years and now the re-construction of Jamaica is about to begin. My question is which boroughs need new depots to handle overcrowding?

13 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I know right now the (MTA) is not in the business of opening new depots at this time. However, I'm getting the feeling that there's overcrowding throughout the whole system.  Even with the openings of Grand Avenue, Charleston and Meredith in recent years and now the re-construction of Jamaica is about to begin. My question is which boroughs need new depots to handle overcrowding?

Maybe the Bronx if Gun Hill and Kingsbridge are both considered overcrowded.

The (2) shuttle buses to 180th St at 149th-GC is a complete mess. Express buses to 180th St are stopping at the local (2) bus stop, (2) local buses are skipping the stop they're suppose to stop at and instead stop at the Bx19 stop, just confusion all around.

New SIM routes are on BusTime and the old X routes are gone.

And the first SIM bus ever is...

*Drumroll Please*

Bus #2742 on the SIM1c.

Edited by Lil 57

3 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

#6764 is also showing up on the SIM1c 😂

L6a9ZCLnqTPw55pVfBkcRqW2Xvtj1V8byGf_bGQD

Looks like a B/O wants to get in with all the fun😂

On 8/15/2018 at 8:22 PM, Lil 57 said:

- All the other MCI's (2007-2013 buses) mostly run weekdays only.

- Weekends it's all Prevost's.

On rare occassions, CH will send out a 2013 or even a 2007 MCI. In fact, 4313 is currently on the SIM4c heading to Manhattan.

1 minute ago, S78 via Hylan said:

On rare occassions, CH will send out a 2013 or even a 2007 MCI. In fact, 4313 is currently on the SIM4c heading to Manhattan.

1st day of service and a rare catch 👍

51 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

Is there a chance that some express buses will still have the old codes for the "X" routes even though the new SIM routes just started running? 

They should have the X codes and the SIM codes simultaneously 

1 minute ago, Around the Horn said:

That's not rare 

2007 MCIs don't normally run on the weekends.

Also I think a calstleton B/O wants to tryout all the new routes today. (2653 was on the SIM1c and that bus is now on the SIM2)

20 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

2007 MCIs don't normally run on the weekends.

Also I think a calstleton B/O wants to tryout all the new routes today. (2653 was on the SIM1c and that bus is now on the SIM2)

There is someone working express as assigned out of Castleton today. 

23 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

There is someone working express as assigned out of Castleton today. 

Are you planning on staying on Staten Island, or were you like so many others just assigned there and desperate to leave and transfer? :lol:

2 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Are you planning on staying on Staten Island, or were you like so many others just assigned there and desperate to leave and transfer? :lol:

I'm staying. I had my transfer back in Jan 2017 but I was already sold on working out here. I moved here and all.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SevenEleven said:

I'm staying. I had my transfer back in Jan 2017 but I was already sold on working out here. I moved here and all.

Wow...Sold indeed... 

6 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I'm still seeing buses signed up as X's in the city today. They seem to to be in service. 

It's not MTA unless you get a coding error.

• LMAO! 5

If it's Sunday, it must mean it's time for a QM B/O to play games. Claiming the bus isnt dropping off on 6th ave past 45th st.  I had to point out the actual detour on the MTA site saying to only skip the stop near the VMAs at Radio City. Finally the B/O says "oh ok no problem" 

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

It's not MTA unless you get a coding error.

The majority of the express buses sat over the weekend so the fareboxes didn't get updated, which explains why ops were putting up the old signs. They're working on that rn. Better late than never, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Wow...Sold indeed... 

It's easier work out and moving up in seniority is quick. Make 2 years next month and I'm already seeing weekends off. Kinda hard to give that up for Tues-Wed in Brooklyn.

7 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

The majority of the express buses sat over the weekend so the fareboxes didn't get updated, which explains why ops were putting up the old signs. They're working on that rn. Better late than never, I suppose.

It's easier work out and moving up in seniority is quick. Make 2 years next month and I'm already seeing weekends off. Kinda hard to give that up for Tues-Wed in Brooklyn.

Same thing when the (W) came back. Instead of updating the programs two weeks before they waited 6 months until they updated everything.