BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

7 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Does CAS have a route similar to the old X10 which runs off peak and weekends? I always wanted to ride an Prevost on a CAS express route cause seeing such a raggedy depot like CAS have a fancy bus like the Prevost is pretty cool. My only two rides on the X10 were old MCIs near retirement age (which is enjoyed, don't get me wrong)

Was gonna fan the X10 one last time but I just didn't feel like it. 

SIM3c, if that's what you mean. Prevosts are always used during weekends. 

Edited by Calvin

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Does CAS have a route similar to the old X10 which runs off peak and weekends? I always wanted to ride an Prevost on a CAS express route cause seeing such a raggedy depot like CAS have a fancy bus like the Prevost is pretty cool. My only two rides on the X10 were old MCIs near retirement age (which is enjoyed, don't get me wrong)

Was gonna fan the X10 one last time but I just didn't feel like it. 

Also is it still only three SI express routes that run off peak and weekends?

4 now. The 1-4

Took a SIM3c from 5th/32nd to Port Richmond/Albion PL, took 75 minutes, not bad. 

The bus actually had around 7-8 people still on by the time the bus reached Port Richmond Ave,

The B/O also made extra stops along Port Richmond Ave, like Port Richmond/Homestead (Old X10 Stop). He also stopped at Ralphs after I rung the bell when the bus left Walker thinking I was going to Albion.

Edited by Lil 57

6 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

The majority of the express buses sat over the weekend so the fareboxes didn't get updated, which explains why ops were putting up the old signs. They're working on that rn. Better late than never, I suppose.

So if a SIM3c B/O didn't have updated signs, will they put up X10 or X12?

Am I the only one that actually wants to do the subway shuttles lol. Whenever I get called for B/O I'd like to go to Bronx or Staten Island...give my self a fair shake of routes.

I don't know if we get to decide what routes we do but I've been itching to try out the Bx12/41/6 SBS or the S79/S90 LTD's.

Earlier today, I was walking in Queens Blvd when I saw a bus that was in the shape if a 1990's style RTS except it was all blue with one yellow stripe across the bus and taking up half of the rear end. And the numbers of this bus were #0007. Does anyone have any insight on this by any chance?

7 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

They are cutting back on the Metrocard bus in the near future, so catch it quick if you want to step inside 

It might still be around they're just changing the way how we pay for transit such as tap cards. So there will still be cards but they're phasing out swiping. 

5 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

It might still be around they're just changing the way how we pay for transit such as tap cards. So there will still be cards but they're phasing out swiping. 

In one of the other threads with the MTAs new money saving plan, they specifically note they will cut down on the Metrocard mobile sales because of low usage 

6 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Shocked nobody mentioned the 495 helix work potentially effecting via NJ express routes in a negative manner. Media been making a HUGE deal about this 495 construction, I really hope its just the media being overly dramatic. 

I've heard that traffic wasn't too bad due to everyone rushing to other options.

42 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Shocked nobody mentioned the 495 helix work potentially effecting via NJ express routes in a negative manner. Media been making a HUGE deal about this 495 construction, I really hope its just the media being overly dramatic. 

It's not so bad right now because there's less traffic than normal. Once the school year starts, and people come back from vacation, we'll see how bad it can really get.

2 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

In one of the other threads with the MTAs new money saving plan, they specifically note they will cut down on the Metrocard mobile sales because of low usage 

Do you realize that people use other means of purchasing of Metrocards besides the mobile buses? Plus, they may be going “tapcards” in the coming years. Other cities have gone with “tapcards”. 

6 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

Do you realize that people use other means of purchasing of Metrocards besides the mobile buses? Plus, they may be going “tapcards” in the coming years. Other cities have gone with “tapcards”. 

I don't see the point of your response. He just made a general comment. He isn't the one using them. Most of the people that do are either elderly or disabled. They should cut back on them but still keep them until there is an online system or something where seniors and people who either don't live near a subway or can't get to one can still refill their Metrocards. QM1 and myself live in neighborhoods with no subways and it is a PITA because the stores are usually out and the nearest subway is quite a walk or a bus ride away and even then, often times the machines at those stations don't work, adding further insult to injury.

8 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I don't see the point of your response. He just made a general comment. He isn't the one using them. Most of the people that do are either elderly or disabled. They should cut back on them but still keep them until there is an online system or something where seniors and people who either don't live near a subway or can't get to one can still refill their Metrocards. QM1 and myself live in neighborhoods with no subways and it is a PITA because the stores are usually out and the nearest subway is quite a walk or a bus ride away and even then, often times the machines at those stations don't work, adding further insult to injury.

And everyone knows, No MetroCard machines = Increased rate of fare evasion.

7 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

And everyone knows, No MetroCard machines = Increased rate of fare evasion.

Exactly. Most of the people on this forum live near subways so they don't out up with what we have to deal with. It's rather ludicrous to have to go to a subway station to use the bus. Only in America...