BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Got a chance to drive through the new 2 lane traffic on Glenwood Road. However, construction between East 101 and Williams Avenue is really messing things up. Hopefully this will be done before October 1st. 

Cool... I'll probably check it over the weekend; not putting up with the Southern State & Belt on the drive home to stop off just for that...

SMH, construction.... Speaking of which, are they done with (whatever it is they've been working on for years now) along Flatlands over there by the Breukelen Houses?

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

Cool... I'll probably check it over the weekend; not putting up with the Southern State & Belt on the drive home to stop off just for that...

SMH, construction.... Speaking of which, are they done with (whatever it is they've been working on for years now) along Flatlands over there by the Breukelen Houses?

Construction not done yet. 

Random thought of the day: La Guardia's Maintenance manager needs his whole ass whipped. I did a Service & Maintenance eval on the Q52/53, and I don't think I have ever been that disgusted with a depots maintenance, or lack there of I should say. In my 10 years plus of being a transit consultant, this is just insane. Transit is going to have a heart attack when they get those XD60's back from LG. The shit is about to hit the fan. If I were in charge of fleet ops, I would make LG keep them and take all of their new ones. JK is doing a much better job. 80% of LG's don't even look like they have been cleaned all year.

On top of trash maintenance, they are 5 buses short for the Q53, and act as if it's going to kill someone to replace them with hybrids or XD40's. I would rather have a standard bus than no bus at all, and I'm sure customers would feel the same way. What type of stupid ass shit are they allowing over there? Just when I think LG is getting better they prove to me its still Triboro Coach Corp wrapped in MTA Blue. Definitely time for East New York to step in..... 🤬

1 hour ago, East New York said:

Random thought of the day: La Guardia's Maintenance manager needs his whole ass whipped. I did a Service & Maintenance eval on the Q52/53, and I don't think I have ever been that disgusted with a depots maintenance, or lack there of I should say. In my 10 years plus of being a transit consultant, this is just insane. Transit is going to have a heart attack when they get those XD60's back from LG. The shit is about to hit the fan. If I were in charge of fleet ops, I would make LG keep them and take all of their new ones. JK is doing a much better job. 80% of LG's don't even look like they have been cleaned all year.

On top of trash maintenance, they are 5 buses short for the Q53, and act as if it's going to kill someone to replace them with hybrids or XD40's. I would rather have a standard bus than no bus at all, and I'm sure customers would feel the same way. What type of stupid ass shit are they allowing over there? Just when I think LG is getting better they prove to me its still Triboro Coach Corp wrapped in MTA Blue. Definitely time for East New York to step in..... 🤬

i would bet money that i haven't even made yet, that LG has subscribed to the Bronx division theory of "we're getting new(er) buses in a few years anyway, so let's beat the dog s**t outta what we have and run 'em into the ground". i must agree wholeheartedly that the JFK buses look significantly better kept than LaGuardia's. it seems as if LG doesn't even run those artics thru the bus wash. to be completely honest, i thought JFK was going to treat the TA loaners like utter s**t. but i must say, one thing I've noticed regarding the artic fleet/spare factor is if a b/o pulls in with say bus #6070 at 3pm, by 4pm that bus is back out on another run. damn-near all their artics are out there most of the work day. 

13 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

i would bet money that i haven't even made yet, that LG has subscribed to the Bronx division theory of "we're getting new(er) buses in a few years anyway, so let's beat the dog s**t outta what we have and run 'em into the ground". i must agree wholeheartedly that the JFK buses look significantly better kept than LaGuardia's. it seems as if LG doesn't even run those artics thru the bus wash. to be completely honest, i thought JFK was going to treat the TA loaners like utter s**t. but i must say, one thing I've noticed regarding the artic fleet/spare factor is if a b/o pulls in with say bus #6070 at 3pm, by 4pm that bus is back out on another run. damn-near all their artics are out there most of the work day. 

I agree lol. No doubt they are getting worked hard, but it's no excuse for some of these buses to look like the only time they get water is when it rains. The SBS wrap is peeling off some of them. Many of them have rear end damage from tail-swing.

I have also noticed that on 2 occasions now JK has sent XD60's to ENY for maintenance/maintenance training.

1 hour ago, East New York said:

I've been riding the Q52/Q53 since they launched and oh my lord the buses. I got on one last week around 5 PM towards Rockaway Park, the ENTIRE bus was filled with trash, soda cans, newspaper, spills, oh my god the floor was so sticky.

1 hour ago, Kingjunior34 said:

We have to speak and fight for it (maybe at Brooklyn redesign meeting) 

I’ll definitely be there for the Brooklyn Bus Network redesign meetings (if my college classes don’t interfere with them). I got some nice proposals for the borough. @BrooklynBus, it will be your time to shine at these meetings.

32 minutes ago, East New York said:

We don't have any weekday only SBS service. All are 7 day service, and 2 are 24 hour.

There was a recent doc in regards to the 82 being a weekday only SBS. 

Per: @P3F post 

2 minutes ago, P3F said:

15 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

Randomly speaking: How many “error” numbered buses are out there? In one hour, I saw 5404 on the Q114, 7404 on the Q20b and 8404 on the Q4 LTD, while on the New bus Hunting zone. Btw, I saw your 7572 on the Q42. 

C40LF #404, Prevost X3-45 #2404, MCI D4500CL #3404, Orion VII NG HEV #4404, Orion VII HEV (Gen-I) #6404, and all Orion VII NG HEVs #d 4040-4049

33 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

C40LF #404, Prevost X3-45 #2404, MCI D4500CL #3404, Orion VII NG HEV #4404, Orion VII HEV (Gen-I) #6404, and all Orion VII NG HEVs #d 4040-4049

Didn’t see those or photo them, I still gotta hit middle of Brooklyn and deep west Queens, but those will have to wait until 10-7-18