BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Got of the 7:00 Ferry at 7:30. Every bus left expect for the 2 that I can take (and many more people) to get home (S44 and S46) It's 7:52 and none of the 2 has showed up. Guess we're dealing with packed buses at 8 PM. Oh, the S44 decided to show up at 7:52 PM. SMH

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I think those are more like information sessions than anything but someone else can chime in. You are free to discuss other topics not related to Brooklyn.

They are actually customer feedback sessions, and each borough has their own. This was Brooklyn only, followed by Queens and Manhattan next month. They review the Fast Forward plan, then the rest of the evening was addressing questions and concerns of citizens.

18 hours ago, Calvin said:

Does the B82 SBS have enough buses for Monday's debut? There's still half the order for ENY

No. Unfortunately the New Flyers have run right up on the numbers of the Orion CNG's, so MTA decided to circle back to the other orders, when they should have just started renumbering buses. I will be posting the revised preliminary XD40 assignments within the hour.

The schedule should be available tomorrow evening. 

4 hours ago, East New York said:

They are actually customer feedback sessions, and each borough has their own. This was Brooklyn only, followed by Queens and Manhattan next month. They review the Fast Forward plan, then the rest of the evening was addressing questions and concerns of citizens.

No. Unfortunately the New Flyers have run right up on the numbers of the Orion CNG's, so MTA decided to circle back to the other orders, when they should have just started renumbering buses. I will be posting the revised preliminary XD40 assignments within the hour.

So if the B82 SBS dosen't have enough buses then what's going to be on it lmao

13 hours ago, East New York said:

So isn't that going to hinder the buses needed for the L train shutdown? I'm not sure whos doing the management for these buses but whoever it is they aren't doing a great job in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

So isn't that going to hinder the buses needed for the L train shutdown? I'm not sure whos doing the management for these buses but whoever it is they aren't doing a great job in my opinion. 

The conflicting Orions should be retired once the L Train shuttle begins. Realistically, they could just deliver 7700 series New Flyers up to 7730 where the bulk of the Orions start right now, but 7685 and 7709 are in way...

I wonder what's up with 7685... Wonder if it's in a similar situation 7560 was in, in late 2017

On 9/28/2018 at 11:18 PM, Orion6025 said:

For those that may not have been keeping track or in the event that certain buses havent been announced in the moves & transfers thread (frankly I don't have the patience tonread through a months' worth of posts on there), I've decided to make a summary post of what newly delivered bus fleets are assigned where as of 9/28/18 (this does NOT include what's sitting at the vendor awaiting assignment):

XD40:

East New York: 7663-7684

Flatbush: 7615-7662

Fresh Pond: 7508-7518

Grand Avenue: 7520, 7522

Jamaica: 7484 (Vendor), 7487-7503, 7505-7507, 7572

XN60:

Gleason: 1025-1026, 1030-1037, 1073-1100

West Farms: 1001-1015, 1021-1024, 1027-1029, 1038-1045, 1047-1048, 1072

hopefully this helps someone in some way.

I heard that unit is at the vendor

5 hours ago, Coney Island Av said:

Random thought:

Is the Outerbridge Park-and-Ride now permanently fenced off and abandoned? Or is it still accessible by car?

I'm asking this because the SIM26 doesn't stop at the latter and there was no mentioning of its abandonment. 

Could still be used for people that want to meet up and carpool?

8 hours ago, Coney Island Av said:

Random thought:

Is the Outerbridge Park-and-Ride now permanently fenced off and abandoned? Or is it still accessible by car?

I'm asking this because the SIM26 doesn't stop at the latter and there was no mentioning of its abandonment. 

It's NYSDOT property and they still have an office on the site, so at the minimum, the workers need to be able to park there (plus, like @trife86 said, people can still carpool from there)

Edited by checkmatechamp13

On 9/28/2018 at 11:27 PM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I think those are more like information sessions than anything but someone else can chime in. You are free to discuss other topics not related to Brooklyn.

Yep, I attended.  More of a Q/A session. But started with a presentation. Got a chance to speak with Andy and Sarah a bit after. They're not sure which borough is up for redesign after the Bronx yet. I felt good about it overall.

The Q64 pulled a @Deucey on me this morning... 

My usual op can get the bus from Forest Hills to 150th/Queens College in roughly 10 minutes. She's often the reason why I'm on time to my 9:15 :lol: 

Anyway today I got someone else and the guy was ridiculously slow... He took five minutes just to go from 70th Road to 108 and Jewel... Overall 20 minutes to 150th and needless to say, I was late to class. <_<

Random Thought:  The B6 needs to operate via Glenwood. It’s a good thing finally that Glenwood is 2 way between East 103rd and Rockaway. However, a 2 way bus lane only from Rockaway to Remsen would be great for streamline service instead of looping to Flatlands. Let the 82 handle Flatlands service. 

1 hour ago, RailRunRob said:

Yep, I attended.  More of a Q/A session. But started with a presentation. Got a chance to speak with Andy and Sarah a bit after. They're not sure which borough is up for redesign after the Bronx yet. I felt good about it overall.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Yeah I'll be speaking with Andy up in Riverdale.

On 9/30/2018 at 12:46 AM, Lawrence St said:

So if the B82 SBS dosen't have enough buses then what's going to be on it lmao

Correction. They do have enough. The remaining buses on EN's delivery list are for local service from what I am being told.

On 9/30/2018 at 12:03 PM, Calvin said:

I heard that unit is at the vendor

It only went to the vender to get 7650, which was actually 2 weeks ago now.

3 hours ago, East New York said:

Correction. They do have enough. The remaining buses on EN's delivery list are for local service from what I am being told.

It only went to the vender to get 7650, which was actually 2 weeks ago now.

Yeah, they have enough. Even if they need more, they can just borrow from FB. But the orders were sufficient it seems

7 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Yeah, that's what I thought. Yeah I'll be speaking with Andy up in Riverdale.

9 hours ago, RailRunRob said:

You were at the Brooklyn meeting? I was there at the beginning, and Andy wasn't there at the beginning like he was in Jamaica, so I assumed he was going to bounce after 8:30pm and I didn't bother sticking around.

I did get to speak to Sarah and a few people from Road Operations, though.

1 minute ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

You were at the Brooklyn meeting? I was there at the beginning, and Andy wasn't there at the beginning like he was in Jamaica, so I assumed he was going to bounce after 8:30pm and I didn't bother sticking around.

I did get to speak to Sarah and a few people from Road Operations, though.

No, I didn't attend. I have a bunch of meetings for work so I have to plan where I am accordingly.