8002 NOVA Arrived at CASTLETON

cartmn1210

Castleton recieved the first of 30 NOVA'S yesterday 8002. To me Not as nice as the Orion NG's or the New Flyers. We'll see how the work out. Castletons Orion NG's (HYBRIDS) are supposed to be going to Fresh Pond.

8002.jpg

8002right.jpg

8002rear.jpg

8002interior.jpg

8002engine.jpg

8002dash.jpg

8002backseat.jpg

8002backseats.jpg

Thanks to my buddy Andrew for the new pics!!

driversswitches.jpg

frontdoor.jpg

overheadswitches.jpg

parkingbrake.jpg

rightfront.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Castleton recieved the first of 30 NOVA'S yesterday 8002. To me Not as nice as the Orion NG's or the New Flyers. We'll see how the work out. Castletons Orion NG's (HYBRIDS) are supposed to be going to Fresh Pond.

?ui=2&ik=ace9791496&view=att&th=12f02df2e2be9626&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

?ui=2&ik=ace9791496&view=att&th=12f02efd6636411d&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

?ui=2&ik=ace9791496&view=att&th=12f02eb5f6950e77&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

I think your links are broken I can't see it..

If true that the NGs are going to the pond, awesome! As FP routes are nothing to write home about (Exception of the B38, Q54, Q58, etc), they can make that mofo all hybrid for all I care, thank goodness FLA is not getting them!!!!

BTW Those NG's AREN'T going to FP... The Orion V's will slowly retire

The NGs are N-O-T going to FP!! They dont fit. They are going to.....FLA. the Orion Vs are staying put. Also, YES QV is last to get the LFS.

I posted that as that was what the TA sent to the AGM in the memo for new bus assigment. It stated that the NG's from Cast were goin to FP to replace EOL Buses (end of life) Im new at this stuff, dont know much about other depots. JUst an FYI.

Wow they look much more roomy than the NGs....comparing the NGs with that set up.

they are MUCH SMALLER INSIDE!! only 33 seats! not much leg room in the seat area either. I can hear the farebeaters complainig now about the crowded buses!!! lol they complained when we got the NG's, now they have less room inside the LFS's. we'll see.

Good Catches ! , hows You get this ? , ill be the first to get a picture of ulmer parks nova .

The bus came in last night! I was all over it today! I even drove it in the shop!!! SHHHHHH! dont tell. Very quiet bus. weird feeling behind the wheel with the one piece winshield and wide stance. The bus has a LONG overhang in front as well as in the rear!!

:cool:

Nice shots!!! Unfortunately, it seems as if the MTA decided to use the seating arrangement of NG#4229 at FB where they reverse the seating in the low floor section. I don't know if they feel that there should be more standing room on a low floor then seating room, but I could see some complaining.

If I see NG's at FP, That ridgewoodbus Buff or whatever the hell his name is will jizz his pants, Other than that I will pay a vist to SI to ride these buses, They look better than the NG's, As for Qv getting the Nova's I can't Wait, and When the Next 30 buses come in (orion 3G's or New Flyers) those OG Orion VII's will go somewhere ( I think Jamaica Depot, in December I seen 3 OG's @ Jamaica Depot from QV in training!!!) but lets see.

Good Catches ! , hows You get this ? , ill be the first to get a picture of ulmer parks nova .

The bus came in last night! I was all over it today! I even drove it in the shop!!! SHHHHHH! dont tell. Very quiet bus. weird feeling behind the wheel with the one piece winshield and wide stance. The bus has a LONG overhang in front as well as in the rear!!

:cool:

Damn it i hate you ! lol , i know that bus is very quiet , sounds like its off .

If I see NG's at FP, That ridgewoodbus Buff or whatever the hell his name is will jizz his pants, Other than that I will pay a vist to SI to ride these buses, They look better than the NG's, As for Qv getting the Nova's I can't Wait, and When the Next 30 buses come in (orion 3G's or New Flyers) those OG Orion VII's will go somewhere ( I think Jamaica Depot, in December I seen 3 OG's @ Jamaica Depot from QV in training!!!) but lets see.

I see someone wants to come step into my turf....

just kidding! :P

Archived