8002 NOVA Arrived at CASTLETON

cartmn1210

Damn it i hate you ! lol , i know that bus is very quiet , sounds like its off .

I cant wait to get it out on the road!!!! BTW the nose is so long that when it's in the fuel station the vac hose is stretched to fit in the farebox. The fuel tank is in the extreme rear of bus. The shifters and fuels are Def gonna have fun in the fuel station!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The WHAT is slowly retiring? The Orion 05.501 buses? As in the 1999 Orion 05.501 #6000-6349 series? Um...think again. The NovaBus will be retiring first before those do.

Nah Those 1996 Orion V's at CS need to retire first, their Frames are horrible, as Well as the ex-bee line Orion V's since they brakedown to much, I bet money you will see Orion V's retire first, The RTS can handle another 3 - 6 months those Orion V's are beat to shit

So what exactly is the LFS replacing?

The 1999 Orion Vs that Castleton has are staying there, 30 NGs are going to be moved to another depot. The entire SI Orion V fleet was overhauled prematurely a couple of years ago because of the bad maintenance but the benefit from that is that they'll be around longer.

The 1999 Orion Vs that Castleton has are staying there, 30 NGs are going to be moved to another depot.

Hybrids go BYE BYE, If at all Cast will have 20 left. As the new buses come in in 30/30/30 intervals they will move the Hybrids. Cast has 110 NGs.

The NGs are N-O-T going to FP!! They dont fit. They are going to.....FLA. the Orion Vs are staying put. Also, YES QV is last to get the LFS.

That's wrong, the NGs are the same height as the OGs and MCIs. Plus a while back there was a FLA NG over there.

I'm going to take a guess and say that the Novas will be the easiest to find on the S53, that's where all the NGs ran in the beginning.

Hybrids go BYE BYE, If at all Cast will have 20 left. As the new buses come in in 30/30/30 intervals they will move the Hybrids. Cast has 110 NGs.

110 too many!

I cant wait to get it out on the road!!!! BTW the nose is so long that when it's in the fuel station the vac hose is stretched to fit in the farebox. The fuel tank is in the extreme rear of bus. The shifters and fuels are Def gonna have fun in the fuel station!

Lol , your a mechanic or a operator?

Nice pics! I'm hoping they keep these buses off the busier lines though because it looks even more cramped than the NGs.

They're definitely more aesthetically pleasing than the NG's, but the seating arrangement (particularly in the upper level) will exacerbate crowding.

If I see NG's at FP, That ridgewoodbus Buff or whatever the hell his name is will jizz his pants, Other than that I will pay a vist to SI to ride these buses, They look better than the NG's, As for Qv getting the Nova's I can't Wait, and When the Next 30 buses come in (orion 3G's or New Flyers) those OG Orion VII's will go somewhere ( I think Jamaica Depot, in December I seen 3 OG's @ Jamaica Depot from QV in training!!!) but lets see.

Why? Aren't those RTS's going, some of them are in shambles. And those OG's aren't really young so idk why they'd have to leave. Idk how I feel about the idea of JAM getting those OG's, New Flyers seem better lol.

Nice LFS pics, I hope the delivery goes fast, I'd like to ride them on the Q27. I know those odds are very low though.

When I read the 1st page of this thread saying that those NGs were comming over here, my jaw literally dropped (thank god it aint true lol). As for the NG at Fresh Pond, they can fit under the train. The B13 (albeit Grand Av property) does it all the time. Plus whenever there is a (M) or (L) G.O, there's always at least 1 NG out there (except for that 1 time of an (L) G.O, it was nothing but West Farms and Gun Hill). An NG is the exact same height as an OG (11 ft, 3 in) but the front looks more curvy.

There's still 2 more models to go *crosses fingers for New Flyer*

The WHAT is slowly retiring? The Orion 05.501 buses? As in the 1999 Orion 05.501 #6000-6349 series? Um...think again. The NovaBus will be retiring first before those do.

You have the 600s at Casey Stengel and West Farms Depot which are 15 years old and the 5900s which are 14 years old.

BTW, the O7 hybrids are 11'0" high (the sign inside is to make sure that drivers don't cut it close). A Nova LFS is 10'4" with the rooftop A/C.

As for the O7 NGs at CAS, I expect some to go to Charleston, which would boot 6000s to Stengel and West Farms to kill off the 600s. Later orders should boot Orions or RTS buses to MTA Bus, to possibly kill off the 5900s...the 100s may have to go a bit longer.

On the subject of 8002, I have to imagine that it will be at least a week or two before any service begins with it, with all the drivers and mechanics to train (it took a while before 1200 first saw service, from the time it first arrived).

Why? Aren't those RTS's going, some of them are in shambles. And those OG's aren't really young so idk why they'd have to leave. Idk how I feel about the idea of JAM getting those OG's, New Flyers seem better lol.

Nice LFS pics, I hope the delivery goes fast, I'd like to ride them on the Q27. I know those odds are very low though.

QV Hates those Hybirds, So I see them gone when the next 30 buses comes in, (Just most, not all of them), The Orion V's are wrost than the RTS, their frames are in horrible shape.

As for the O7 NGs at CAS, I expect some to go to Charleston, which would boot 6000s to Stengel and West Farms to kill off the 600s. Later orders should boot Orions or RTS buses to MTA Bus, to possibly kill off the 5900s...the 100s may have to go a bit longer.

But I thought Charleston aren't equpiied to handle hybrids....

QV Hates those Hybirds, So I see them gone when the next 30 buses comes in, (Just most, not all of them), The Orion V's are wrost than the RTS, their frames are in horrible shape.

The reason those Orion 5s (6000-6349) are the way they are now is because the order was rushed. You rush a bus order...you get shit buses!!!

I forgot to ask:

Is it me or am I seeing the 1/3 2/3 front doors? :eek:

Because I have a drawing 90% done for MTA 8006!

well if u look at the front facing photo it looks almost like a 1/3 design which is odd because i thought the MTA was keeping it at the equal 1/2 doors for all LFS (A) products

Seating diagram (from Gold_12th on SubChat):

344bfw9.jpg

The LFS have that RTS-style seating...standing from the front of the bus and looking towards the back, the two-seaters are on the right whereas the one-seaters are on the right...but why? That means less seats? if they put the one-seaters on the left and the two-seaters on the right, there'd be an additional seat, bringing it up to 34.

Archived