8002 NOVA Arrived at CASTLETON

cartmn1210

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But I thought Charleston aren't equpiied to handle hybrids....

The reason those Orion 5s (6000-6349) are the way they are now is because the order was rushed. You rush a bus order...you get shit buses!!!

Charleston not equipped for the regen on the Hybrids. thats why the have the Orion 5's. Cast NG's going to Brooklyn

well if u look at the front facing photo it looks almost like a 1/3 design which is odd because i thought the MTA was keeping it at the equal 1/2 doors for all LFS (A) products

It is the 1/3 design. I posted new pics of front doors

More than likely at first they'll run them out on the S53/93, then probably any local line out of Cast. Or What ever Lines I work LOL

You probably can not wait for New Flyer and Orion VII diesels to come in to Castleton.?

I can see the Nova LFS will turn out to be a disaster for MTA to configure that many seats in one bus and maybe the doors; especially the rear doors where some people are not smart that the doors open inward....also then the getting use to short wheelbase and overhang sucking up the interior space.... I can see a full bus with two wheelchairs taking up room with less than 26 seats taken, yikes!

I can not wait for "good" complaints on this bus.

These are some great pics. I got to ask, why did Castleton get these new buses when they already got new buses? Why did they change it from Charleston to Castleton or was it Castleton from the start?

Castleton from the start. Just too much speculation going on.

Good Catches ! , hows You get this ? , ill be the first to get a picture of ulmer parks nova .

The bus came in last night! I was all over it today! I even drove it in the shop!!! SHHHHHH! dont tell. Very quiet bus. weird feeling behind the wheel with the one piece winshield and wide stance. The bus has a LONG overhang in front as well as in the rear!!

:cool:[/Q

its like the LFSA's at the depot i work at....they are getting banged up b/c the B/O's aren't compensating for the longer overhang in the front and rear, or the fact that the buses are 2 feet longer than the new flyers that they usually drive. and yes, even the articulated LFS's are ridiculously quiet...you don't hear the engine at all. you just hear the transmission

Castleton from the start. Just too much speculation going on.

Thank you for that information. I had heard one thing and then something else and now it's settled. :) I really want to ride this bus but I'm disappointed that there seems to be even less seats on this than the NG. Wow, wow and WOW to that one. :P

the front door looks ugly with 1 big door and 1 little door.

Maybe, but it's the most clever thing since sliced bread. It offers the flexibility of a narrow opening to better control inflow and payment or a wide opening for wheelchairs/strollers and whatnot. I'm surprised no other manufacturers offer this yet--or perhaps they do now, I'm not sure.

Of what? Air? That's the only thing fitting through that narrow leaf.

Flexibility of either opening only the wide leaf (2/3) or both sides (3/3). I don't think that they can open the narrow leaf alone! :(

QV Hates those Hybirds, So I see them gone when the next 30 buses comes in, (Just most, not all of them), The Orion V's are wrost than the RTS, their frames are in horrible shape.

If thus were true, they would be in worse condition. The operators (I know)prefer them most of the time over an RTS. They're in wonderful shape despite being about 7 years old

Archived