No Joke! Possible April Fool's Winter Storm

mark1447

Although there is loads of uncertainty at this time, computer weather models are depicting a possible major Northeast storm late this week.

~This storm would develop Thursday night off the North Carolina coast and intensify Friday near the Jersey and southern New England coasts.

~Potential for snow to fall near the I-95 corridor including Philadelphia, New York and Boston.

~How much? As it stands now, a potential 6-to-12 inch snowstorm in highly populated Northeast cities. This is HIGHLY dependent upon the extent of the storm's explosive coastal development and track of storm.

~Strong winds and wet, heavy nature of snow may lead to power outages and very poor visibility.

~Major travel disruption over a wide area is possible!

Uncertainty Exists

~Exact track of the storm is uncertain at this time.

~A more interior track would mean heavy rain and wind for big cities of the Northeast; heaviest snow will fall in the interior Northeast

~Another possibility could track the storm too far off the coast which would lead to a "non-event".

~Warm late March ground temperatures could disrupt total forecast snow accumulations; i.e. snow melt on contact with warm surface.

Weatherman over exaggerating or?

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/late-season-major-winter-storm_2011-03-29

Looks like anywhere *north* and *west*of Interstate 287, could be hit with a big April Fool's Day 2011 Snowstorm. Not to mention more than likely the Yanks 'home opener' on both Thursday and Friday being rained/snowed out.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/severeweather?pt=detail&&zone=NY20110330082200WinterStormWatch20110402050000NY.ALYWSWALY.648988e81190728ccaa314e81a610908

If this happens it would be one of the record breakers. The last time such a huge storm approached in April was during April 8th 1982. On that day New York City was struck by a Nor'easter that dumped 13 inches of snow. More info and pictures are on the link below.

http://davep1nj.tripod.com/davesweathersitedeluxe/id15.html

I mean its not like it CANT snow in Spring.Before NYC saw its 1st flakes of the late-Fall in Winter season the last time we saw flakes were back in Early May.I remember b\c I was wearing my winter coat and boots and I don't wear boots unless it snows.March & April are tricky months.

I'm ready for more SNOW anyways whether its less than 1 inch of whatever its pretty and we probably won't see it till November anyways.

Blame all the people that wanted it to stay.

Yes start with me. I'm enjoying this weather and I will be watching and waiting for all the people that will inevitably complain about the summer heat having also complained about the winter cold. Spring weather...fine by me. I can enjoy some 50s and 60s weather like the next guy but when it gets hot here it gets friggin hot and I hate it. Not like its cheap to stay cool or anything in the home.

Temperatures below freezing were never even in the forecast, idk where this 6-12 inches thing came from especially considering the ever increasing sun intensity. It's April, I'm not saying it can't snow but it's rare and a significant storm is even more rare, it's not even cold like that anymore and it hasn't been for a while.

Now how about some 80's & 90's which are also known to occur in April. :cool:

Temperatures below freezing were never even in the forecast, idk where this 6-12 inches thing came from especially considering the ever increasing sun intensity. It's April, I'm not saying it can't snow but it's rare and a significant storm is even more rare, it's not even cold like that anymore and it hasn't been for a while.

Now how about some 80's & 90's which are also known to occur in April. :cool:

The weatherman got it wrong.....NYC is getting a dusting-2 ins. North of us is getting 3-5 ins and north of them is getting 4-6 ins. This is what I remembered from the news!

The weatherman got it wrong.....NYC is getting a dusting-2 ins. North of us is getting 3-5 ins and north of them is getting 4-6 ins. This is what I remembered from the news!

No kidding:o. This so called Northeaster 'passed us' and instead places in New England like Vermont and Maine got dumped w/ snow.

Yae I don't know where you guys get your information from.....looking outside now I see cloudy with rain.....no snow.....so typical weather man.....telling us lies.....lol enjoy the day people....see you on the q65 today.....:cool:

Yae I don't know where you guys get your information from.....looking outside now I see cloudy with rain.....no snow.....so typical weather man.....telling us lies.....lol enjoy the day people....see you on the q65 today.....:cool:

I am sure B35 would be say right now 'weatherfolks are no better than pshyics and oddsmakers in Vegas on bets.'

I knew it wasn't going to snow, I mean it was practically 50 degrees, it was hyped up as usual. The forecasting itself actually good but they hype it up to make it interesting and that's why it usually looks like they fall short (to me anyways). It was forecasted to be in the 40's (which it was) which is too warm for snow, you might see a flake here or there based on other factors but idk where these inches came from.

I'm not a weather forecaster but I pay close attention, it's always interesting.

Archived