Bus Maintainer-Group B and Bus Maintainer Chasis exam

jambutle88

Do you have relevant experience? For maintainer jobs, you generally need relevant experience in order to qualify to take the exam. I'm only asking because experience as a cleaner does not count.

From the last aunnocement:

"The practical test will measure your ability to use tools and install, repair and adjust automotive vehicle components; troubleshoot and repair electrical components; use electrical schematics; and related topics."

Since your already at O.A., why don't you speak to some current maintainers and get insights from the exam from them? They will be your best source of information. Try to speak to people who took the exam recently.

I agree with donald asking a CM at your depot will be your best bet. I took the exam it is not hard but if u do not have any mechanical experience it might be difficult especially the electrical portion. I am a helper on the TA side and I asked around co worker were helpful.

• 1 month later...

I'm presently in the same "shoes" as the OP. I have the Maintainer Group B exam coming up in late May. Although I have many years of hands-on experience on all facets of automobiles, I am not formerly trained.

I'm afraid that I may get lost in termanology or perhaps go about diagnosis and repairs in a less than professional manner than what is expected. I don't want to be handed the exam but it would be great if someone could point me in the right direction with regard to what materials to study. Any advice or tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

I've been reading up on electrical schematics, draw tests, voltage drop tests, and other things of that nature but the spectrum of questions that can be asked is so vast that I'm feeling overwhelmed at this point! Electrical is not my strong point! =(

Thanks for hearing me out people, CHEERS!

Hey esocrat because you have hands on automotive experience you should not have no problems with the exam. I dont know exactly what will be on your exam. I can give you a tip bring with you goggles and workman gloves and wear them for each section you will get points for it remember this test is for the MTA safety first.

Hey esocrat because you have hands on automotive experience you should not have no problems with the exam. I dont know exactly what will be on your exam. I can give you a tip bring with you goggles and workman gloves and wear them for each section you will get points for it remember this test is for the MTA safety first.

Thanks Loudiam! I appreciate the response. I will definitely be bringing a pair of gloves with me but the eye protection I did not think of! Seems like great advice - thank you.

Cheers!

Archived