Exam #2901 B\O any movement?

transit bx

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received notice for BOSS to come in on Mon. 4/4 @ 2pm. My list #is like 3,850 so I don,t think I can see anything for a couple of years. However still waiting on medical for 8006 which is more realistic. Just wondering how long ago you were called for BOSS with that low list number.

I took the boss back in 2 1 2011 since my list number was so low I also got put on mta bus company list to get hired for this year I took the drug test back in 3 8 2011 but I called ta and they told me they have no more vacancy for that division I maybe get called back in may when they will have more class they are going to start hiring from list 2901 in early 2012 but you will prob. Get called before then since your on list 8006 good luck on the boss its easy

your stuck in that depot until u retire.... mabstoa u can go to almost any depot in the system once a year ...except stan island, and queens...

Yea your right about that, but the only reason why I'm really considering going to mta bus is the fact that do I really want to deal with ppl in my neighborhood which I live in the bronx. And a cuple of ppl that I know works for mobstoa told me I can get bump from depot to depot depending on the picks. Also the only way I would go to mta bus if I can pick into college pt, lagudia, east chester or yonkers which those are the depots that's under twu and also makes close to what ta and oa gets. Which couple drivers told me to try to get in college pt cause they in talk of turning that depot into ta.

Yea your right about that, but the only reason why I'm really considering going to mta bus is the fact that do I really want to deal with ppl in my neighborhood which I live in the bronx. And a cuple of ppl that I know works for mobstoa told me I can get bump from depot to depot depending on the picks. Also the only way I would go to mta bus if I can pick into college pt, lagudia, east chester or yonkers which those are the depots that's under twu and also makes close to what ta and oa gets. Which couple drivers told me to try to get in college pt cause they in talk of turning that depot into ta.

recieved my preemployment letter for 2801 today!!!!!!my second time around iam ready

I took the boss back in 2 1 2011 since my list number was so low I also got put on mta bus company list to get hired for this year I took the drug test back in 3 8 2011 but I called ta and they told me they have no more vacancy for that division I maybe get called back in may when they will have more class they are going to start hiring from list 2901 in early 2012 but you will prob. Get called before then since your on list 8006 good luck on the boss its easy

Hey Transitman23, what would you recommend to study for the BOSS test? Just figured to ask you since you took the test and all stating it being easy. Maybe what kind of questions are we looking at, which book that would help out the most, etc..

my list is between 5900-6000 ill say that wont disclose my number.i was not interested at all in driving in manhattan or the bronx.i sent it in the last day with my friend thats why are number is high my brothers sent it in the first day they have 200-300 list #s.there was never a written test for this just send in your money.i go next week to take the boss test again.i now i dont have a shot with this high list #.but since its my day off from tsa ill go to livingston st take it then do some shopping downtown.i took this many years ago same thing list was 5,000 i forgot anyway took boss waited i think 3 yrs and got called in for medical but i turned it down .thinking i was better off with coach usa at the time that was stupid of me but i got called who knows might happen again but ill be hired from 8006 in a month or 2.but its a back up plan i always have plus other transit lists i currently am on.mabstoa has a huge turnover rate guys cant handle that city traffic and all those people around walking all around your bus many quit 2-3 days but like i said i dont like it but what the hell.question on boss exam there is no books its common sense same questions just different sentences.any study guide for city exams is a waste of money;)

Why people are so afraid to reveal their number ?

Some people also afraid to post their license plate on the web. Plate can be seen on the car outside, whats the reason to cover it up in web pictures ?

i think if you say something bad or did not mean to say something you dont know who is watching on this site trust me im sure they are and then got your list # they have your name so its good to play safe dont you think i would not give my exact social security # either so need need to give my exact list #

how are i just read some of the post and forums on here and one person said they recieved a pre employment notice from mabstoa to come in for exam 2801 i took the boss exam the drug test back in 2007 and the process just stopped now i see they are calling people again and they haven't call me at all my list # 2548.00 do you know who i should call or contact to find out when they will call me again cause last i heard there was a freeze .... does anyone know any numbers i can contact to find out my process of my pre employment ?

i got a question i`m on to lists 2901 mabstoa #1894 and 8006 nyct #3514 if mabstoa calls me 1st and i take it will i be kicked off the 8006 exam or not because i need 2 take what comes 1st. some people are telling me to wait for nyct 8006 to call me because they told me if i take mabstoa 2901 1st then they told me that nyct 8006 won`t call me because i`ll be in the system already.

i just called mabstoa/mta employment and they told me that they are not up to my list number yet which is 2548.00 but the thing is someone i know from exam 2801 is getting called up to go thru the process again with the drug test and physical so i would like to know if there is any truth to this honestly he said they are up to list number 1748 ...

Archived