Exam #2901 B\O any movement?

transit bx

Just say NO....No to part time work!!! Full Time....trust me you are just a number around here.....just imagine being a part time number!!!.......You need to ask yourself this question....do I want to work for an Agency that fought it's workers tooth and nail on Raises that an arbitrator awarded....An Arbitrator awarded......that is a final....they spent who knows how much on legal fee's to not give us raises.....that we will get anyway.....An Arbitrator awarded.....It is still mind blowing to me that they fought it.....so now they will award you with part time work with no benefits.....when a full time position becomes available you will be first to get it....but who says that they will ever have a full time position to fill?? The whole Idea is to hire part-timers and not pay them any benefits....You should ask to speak to Jay Walder when you go to 180 Livingston street and ask him to take on part time work with no benefits.....this is a guy who gets a 50 thousand dollar a year house expense...that you will not make ever.......as a part timer anyway.....

Good Luck to all those that run down and take on part time work........don't let them use the economy against you.....

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just say NO....No to part time work!!! Full Time....trust me you are just a number around here.....just imagine being a part time number!!!.......You need to ask yourself this question....do I want to work for an Agency that fought it's workers tooth and nail on Raises that an arbitrator awarded....An Arbitrator awarded......that is a final....they spent who knows how much on legal fee's to not give us raises.....that we will get anyway.....An Arbitrator awarded.....It is still mind blowing to me that they fought it.....so now they will award you with part time work with no benefits.....when a full time position becomes available you will be first to get it....but who says that they will ever have a full time position to fill?? The whole Idea is to hire part-timers and not pay them any benefits....You should ask to speak to Jay Walder when you go to 180 Livingston street and ask him to take on part time work with no benefits.....this is a guy who gets a 50 thousand dollar a year house expense...that you will not make ever.......as a part timer anyway.....

Good Luck to all those that run down and take on part time work........don't let them use the economy against you.....

i totally agree with cpbo.iam not knocking anyone who has to support there family because everyones situation is different.If they would have offered me part time work i would have held out.especially for mta bus isnt that the old greenbus/jamaica bus lines?

Yes it is the old Private lines combined into one......alla MTA BUS Company......I heard that Spring Creek is the only one doing this part time....and well Long Island Bus ...but they are not hiring for that.....We have 11 new guys at the depot for like 3 weeks.....so they are hiring full time......just hold out......make that number you will be count!!!!

is that for part time work

No its for full time I never put my name for part time, because I work for ct transit so they called me to take my second drug test I'm was happy as hell I go in monday, I hope I can get into college point if not ill pick east chester since I live in the bronx.

No its for full time I never put my name for part time, because I work for ct transit so they called me to take my second drug test I'm was happy as hell I go in monday, I hope I can get into college point if not ill pick east chester since I live in the bronx.

congrats and good luck!!!maybe you'll make the may 9th class.

Oh yea lol that's good well I hope I'm in the may 9 class and conrates to you and good luck what depot u trying to get into and when did u take your drug test

i took my drug test april 13-saw doctor april 19/finger printing .

transit bx as far as depots whatever i get iam good iam just happy to have chance to make a decent living.iam taking it 1 step @ a time.iam just absorbing all the info that i can from the vets on this forum and getting prepared mentally.i have my class a /b with passanger endorsements but iam a newbie because i have to drive the mta way.nothing official until i qualify and prove myself.when they told me at livingston dont quit my job until iam in that was a reality check for me.i feel like i still have a long way to go before i think about a depot,

transit bx as far as depots whatever i get iam good iam just happy to have chance to make a decent living.iam taking it 1 step @ a time.iam just absorbing all the info that i can from the vets on this forum and getting prepared mentally.i have my class a /b with passanger endorsements but iam a newbie because i have to drive the mta way.nothing official until i qualify and prove myself.when they told me at livingston dont quit my job until iam in that was a reality check for me.i feel like i still have a long way to go before i think about a depot,

Don't worry about it you'll do fine because ct transit training was hard and I made it though my six weeks

what number are they up too on exam 2901???? whats your list number?

@transitman23 my list number is 15 from that list, but they only hiring for mta bus this year off that only. They won't be hiring off that list for mabstoa till early or mid 2012. I went for my second drug test this pass monday for mta bus. Maybe they will can me by this week or next to come in for my medical I should be in the up coming may classes. What is your list number.

@transitman23 my list number is 15 from that list, but they only hiring for mta bus this year off that only. They won't be hiring off that list for mabstoa till early or mid 2012. I went for my second drug test this pass monday for mta bus. Maybe they will can me by this week or next to come in for my medical I should be in the up coming may classes. What is your list number.

your good next stop medical!!!!!

your good next stop medical!!!!!

Hey tim66 what's the chances are from me to get a call back this week since this is my second drug test lol. I see they had call you back two days later for your medical, and also will they DQ me if I forgot to put down two jobs on my application

:(

Hey tim66 what's the chances are from me to get a call back this week since this is my second drug test lol. I see they had call you back two days later for your medical, and also will they DQ me if I forgot to put down two jobs on my application

:(

It generally doesn't look good if you've omitted information from them, but you should be okay. Is there a reason you didn't put those jobs, or did you forget?

It generally doesn't look good if you've omitted information from them, but you should be okay. Is there a reason you didn't put those jobs, or did you forget?

@ willbx718 I totally forgot those to jobs because I just recently found my job history that I got from the social security place, which those was the two jobs I forgot to put down. Maybe because those two jobs I had, I only work for only a week then left the two jobs. Those two jobs I had was like back in 03 and 05. Also will when do the mta start to investigate your background, is it after you take your drug test to see if they found anything wrong from work history and ect. To see if they get the ok to give you a call back for your medical or is it when the call you in for you medical then they start.

@ willbx718 I totally forgot those to jobs because I just recently found my job history that I got from the social security place, which those was the two jobs I forgot to put down. Maybe because those two jobs I had, I only work for only a week then left the two jobs. Those two jobs I had was like back in 03 and 05. Also will when do the mta start to investigate your background, is it after you take your drug test to see if they found anything wrong from work history and ect. To see if they get the ok to give you a call back for your medical or is it when the call you in for you medical then they start.

I'm not 100% on as to when they do the check. But I've heard stories of people being canned for lying after they where hired. You were supposed to get that ss print out before you completed the 20 page application, they mentioned this at 180. I don't think it will be a major issue since you weren't at those jobs long.

I'm not 100% on as to when they do the check. But I've heard stories of people being canned for lying after they where hired. You were supposed to get that ss print out before you completed the 20 page application, they mentioned this at 180. I don't think it will be a major issue since you weren't at those jobs long.

So what should I do, should I tell them when I go for my medical/ interview about those to jobs. And if that was the case when I took my first drug test I'm pretty sure they had to do some type of background check, if it was a big issue I don't think they would had call me in for a second drug test. I know when I filled out the application for connecticut transit I did not even put down those to jobs only because I was there at both jobs for no more then two weeks which on that application they wanted 10 years work history. I hope they don't DQ me.:(

So what should I do, should I tell them when I go for my medical/ interview about those to jobs. And if that was the case when I took my first drug test I'm pretty sure they had to do some type of background check, if it was a big issue I don't think they would had call me in for a second drug test. I know when I filled out the application for connecticut transit I did not even put down those to jobs only because I was there at both jobs for no more then two weeks which on that application they wanted 10 years work history. I hope they don't DQ me.:(

No that shouldn't dq you. I would ask for another pre employment application when you go for the medical. Just explain the situation to them and see what the say. :tup:

No that shouldn't dq you. I would ask for another pre employment application when you go for the medical. Just explain the situation to them and see what the say. :tup:

Ok thanks I'm going to do that, I have to find out what's the number to that wendys lol I was like 19 at that time wow but that's good advise willbx718. But what if they say no.

Ok thanks I'm going to do that, I have to find out what's the number to that wendys lol I was like 19 at that time wow but that's good advise willbx718. But what if they say no.

No problem always willing to help out a future TWU brother or sister. Don't worry too much about the phone numbers. I didn't have phone numbers to some of the jobs I had. But if you feel more comfortable having the phone numbers, just google them and you should get a number to the store. But yeah once they ask who's here for a medical and make you line up, just let the lady at the counter know your situation.

No problem always willing to help out a future TWU brother or sister. Don't worry too much about the phone numbers. I didn't have phone numbers to some of the jobs I had. But if you feel more comfortable having the phone numbers, just google them and you should get a number to the store. But yeah once they ask who's here for a medical and make you line up, just let the lady at the counter know your situation.

Ok will I'm going to do that when I get call for my medical, I really hope its not going to be a problem.

Archived