Exam #2901 B\O any movement?

transit bx

Hey just receive that magic call on my voice mail today. I have to report tuesday mourning at 730 for my medical, the gentlemen said if I pass my medical which I know I am cause I just had my yearly medical done for ct transit that I will be in the may 23 class. The only thing that's still messing with my head is the fact that I forgot to put those two jobs down on my application which I only had both jobs for only a week or less. I hope that won't DQ me at all I came to far for this to just end all of a simple mistake I did. Well thanks to willbx718, CPBO, and tim66 good luck on monday bro keep me posted day by day once monday hit. Also thanks to all that I forgot to mention ima keep you guys posted, oh @ CPBO I hope I can get into college bus depot bro. :P

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey tim66 what's the chances are from me to get a call back this week since this is my second drug test lol. I see they had call you back two days later for your medical, and also will they DQ me if I forgot to put down two jobs on my application

:P

i wouldnt worry about it.you didnt get fired.

transit bx: Like somebody who is on the job said here once regarding

a similar concern like yours, "they are not going to go out of their way

to disqualify you.:tup:

@ willbx718 a lot of ppl told me they most like not going to give me back the app, @locomotive what should I do just don't mention it at all???? I'm hearing stories that ppl got fired for that. But a friend of mine that works out of zerega told me they not going to DQ me because I have not been on those two jobs for more then a mouth or so. Man I don't know what to do lol...

@ willbx718 a lot of ppl told me they most like not going to give me back the app, @locomotive what should I do just don't mention it at all???? I'm hearing stories that ppl got fired for that. But a friend of mine that works out of zerega told me they not going to DQ me because I have not been on those two jobs for more then a mouth or so. Man I don't know what to do lol...

I'm sorry if I scared you man. Just pray for the best. I highly doubt they will DQ you for that myself. It was an honest mistake that any of us could've made. Just go do your medical on Tuesday and start your class in 2 weeks.:P:tup:

I'm sorry if I scared you man. Just pray for the best. I highly doubt they will DQ you for that myself. It was an honest mistake that any of us could've made. Just go do your medical on Tuesday and start your class in 2 weeks.:P:tup:

Yea u right willbx like my friend from zerega told me he don't think they will DQ me for those two jobs I aint put down. He told me just go and take my medical he said if that was the case they would have not call me from my medical because they still have to do some type of investigation before they give me a medical. I also spoke to a b/o and he told me if you where there for only a week for both jobs he don't think they will even ask you about those jobs cause its to short of a period of time so he told me its up to you if I want to bring it up or not. If I don't bring it up he said I won't get DQ.

Yea u right willbx like my friend from zerega told me he don't think they will DQ me for those two jobs I aint put down. He told me just go and take my medical he said if that was the case they would have not call me from my medical because they still have to do some type of investigation before they give me a medical. I also spoke to a b/o and he told me if you where there for only a week for both jobs he don't think they will even ask you about those jobs cause its to short of a period of time so he told me its up to you if I want to bring it up or not. If I don't bring it up he said I won't get DQ.

Yeah they do run some stuff on you before the medical/final processing. Tell the truth as long as you didn't lie about any criminal history you don't have much to worry about. You answered the questions as honestly as possible so you'll be good. Don't worry before this month is done you'll be working.

Yeah they do run some stuff on you before the medical/final processing. Tell the truth as long as you didn't lie about any criminal history you don't have much to worry about. You answered the questions as honestly as possible so you'll be good. Don't worry before this month is done you'll be working.

Well thanks willbx I have no convictions so ima just go to the medical on tuesday and just do what I have to. If they ask me later on why I aint put those two jobs down ill just explain that I forgot too.

transit you"ll be ok!!!!congrats too you bro.fyi they dont sweat convictions if there 10 years are older& arent murder are child molestation.relax your almost there.keep it up and you'll get dq for high blood pressure lol!!!thats a joke

transit you"ll be ok!!!!congrats too you bro.fyi they dont sweat convictions if there 10 years are older& arent murder are child molestation.relax your almost there.keep it up and you'll get dq for high blood pressure lol!!!thats a joke

That's a good one tim lol na but I don't have any convictions on my record my clean.

I report to zerega on 5/23 finally, and my work history and back ground checked out good as the ladie that interview told me. The depot I report to after training is college point which was the depot I wanted. Thanks to all that help me especially willbx718, CPBO, locomotive, knightrider3:16 and who ever I'm forgot. Hey CPBO see you soon they said the starting pay is 20.96 hour

I report to zerega on 5/23 finally, and my work history and back ground checked out good as the ladie that interview told me. The depot I report to after training is college point which was the depot I wanted. Thanks to all that help me especially willbx718, CPBO, locomotive, knightrider3:16 and who ever I'm forgot. Hey CPBO see you soon they said the starting pay is 20.96 hour

You welcome brother and welcome to the family. I knew you would make through, congrats. And also I will give you the standard info I give to all new TA hires. Avoid doing overtime during this period. Because whenever you get into trouble it's mostly during OT. So unless it's just being let off work late turn down all OT. And also plan for the future, invest in the MTA's 401K or 457B or both ASAP. But you don't really need that advice, your coming from a previous transit authority so you know the deal. And also I tried adding you as a friend, don't know if you got the notice.

Thanks tim I hope u get though day 7 with the ease.

transit bx your welcome i hope so too,but if not i know i will qualify by day 9 iam not trying to be cocky just confident!I learned not to rush!use those mirrors and protect your right side!!!Once you show the instructor that it seems like a piece of cake!!

You welcome brother and welcome to the family. I knew you would make through, congrats. And also I will give you the standard info I give to all new TA hires. Avoid doing overtime during this period. Because whenever you get into trouble it's mostly during OT. So unless it's just being let off work late turn down all OT. And also plan for the future, invest in the MTA's 401K or 457B or both ASAP. But you don't really need that advice, your coming from a previous transit authority so you know the deal. And also I tried adding you as a friend, don't know if you got the notice.

Hey willbx I just added you lol oh and speaking about that 401k, ima see if I can transfer what ever I have in my ct transit 401k to the mta how do I go about doing that?

good luck at zerega on 5/23 transit bx , i can't make it for the 5/23.

Hey willbx I just added you lol oh and speaking about that 401k, ima see if I can transfer what ever I have in my ct transit 401k to the mta how do I go about doing that?

Oh sorry I didn't fully answer your question. Once you get hired you would go over to https://login.prudential.com/auth/Login?GAREASONCODE=-1&GARESOURCEID=res83&GAURI=https://www.retirement.prudential.com/TRSWeb/TRSLogin&Reason=-1&APPID=res83&URI=https://www.retirement.prudential.com/TRSWeb/TRSLogin

and enter in the information in the fields that are asked. And once you're registered and logged in they will have all your employee information and you will be able to set up your investment allocations, and what percentage(s) you want to come out of your check each pay period. You can set a specific dollar amount if you like as well. I prefer to use percentages because it allows me to save the maximum amount of money at a faster rate. And if I do a lot of OT in one pay period I don't have to worry about be taxed to death either. I would register about two weeks after you start work. So that way you know that your credentials are completely in the system.

Oh sorry I didn't fully answer your question. Once you get hired you would go over to https://login.prudential.com/auth/Login?GAREASONCODE=-1&GARESOURCEID=res83&GAURI=https://www.retirement.prudential.com/TRSWeb/TRSLogin&Reason=-1&APPID=res83&URI=https://www.retirement.prudential.com/TRSWeb/TRSLogin

and enter in the information in the fields that are asked. And once you're registered and logged in they will have all your employee information and you will be able to set up your investment allocations, and what percentage(s) you want to come out of your check each pay period. You can set a specific dollar amount if you like as well. I prefer to use percentages because it allows me to save the maximum amount of money at a faster rate. And if I do a lot of OT in one pay period I don't have to worry about be taxed to death either. I would register about two weeks after you start work. So that way you know that your credentials are completely in the system.

Hey will how should I do it meaning how should I start off with or give me some pointers cause I'm still young at this type of stuff, I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing bro.:tup:

Hey will how should I do it meaning how should I start off with or give me some pointers cause I'm still young at this type of stuff, I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing bro.:tup:

Well just contribute what you can. when I first did I started small 3% from each account. Every year I got a raise I would raise the percentage I contributed. Up until I capped them both at 9% each. With those percentages on a average check with out OT I would bank about $170-190 a check for each account. So about almost $400 was put away. Now as far as what to invest in , I'm not to sure there really isn't that many options. I just keep everything in the MTA's stable fund. When I got laid off I cashed in my 457b and rolled over my 401k to an IRA. Opening up the IRA was probably the smartest thing I've ever done. When I got laid off I had almost 30K saved up between the 2 accounts in just 4 years time. This is why I stress to all new hires to invest ASAP. That money really helped me out during unemployment. Even though I cashed out the 457b I only used about 4-5K of it in 7 months, the rest I just left in my savings account. What I would also suggest is to just do some reading online, that's what I did. Also the prudential website is really intuitive, they can suggest an investment profile for you, by asking a few questions to see how much risk your willing to take. They also have a retirement calculator that can suggest to you how much you need to invest to have a good retirement income. Only thing else I can say is enjoy these next 10 days off because you aint gonna see a weekend or holiday for sometime lol.

Well just contribute what you can. when I first did I started small 3% from each account. Every year I got a raise I would raise the percentage I contributed. Up until I capped them both at 9% each. With those percentages on a average check with out OT I would bank about $170-190 a check for each account. So about almost $400 was put away. Now as far as what to invest in , I'm not to sure there really isn't that many options. I just keep everything in the MTA's stable fund. When I got laid off I cashed in my 457b and rolled over my 401k to an IRA. Opening up the IRA was probably the smartest thing I've ever done. When I got laid off I had almost 30K saved up between the 2 accounts in just 4 years time. This is why I stress to all new hires to invest ASAP. That money really helped me out during unemployment. Even though I cashed out the 457b I only used about 4-5K of it in 7 months, the rest I just left in my savings account. What I would also suggest is to just do some reading online, that's what I did. Also the prudential website is really intuitive, they can suggest an investment profile for you, by asking a few questions to see how much risk your willing to take. They also have a retirement calculator that can suggest to you how much you need to invest to have a good retirement income. Only thing else I can say is enjoy these next 10 days off because you aint gonna see a weekend or holiday for sometime lol.

Hey willbx I'm going to take that advise with starting at 3%, then ever year ill just raise to 3 more % until I cap out. And also I'm going to keep my money in the mta stable account just like how I did with my ct transit account. So when do I start the paper work, will the company give me the papers or I have to go and do it myself, and also when do I start asap or I have to put in sometime with the company to do so. Speaking about my days off lol I made sure I took all my vacation and also days I have in the bank with me, so I start sunday which I have a full week off to relax, cause once I statr on the 23 I know I'm not going to have any days off cause of my 1 year probation. Oh about weekends I'm use to it cause I still don't have weekends off in ct transit and I'm pushing 4 years lol so I'm use to it. Get back to me.:tup:

Archived