Exam #2901 B\O any movement?

transit bx

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey willbx I'm going to take that advise with starting at 3%, then ever year ill just raise to 3 more % until I cap out. And also I'm going to keep my money in the mta stable account just like how I did with my ct transit account. So when do I start the paper work, will the company give me the papers or I have to go and do it myself, and also when do I start asap or I have to put in sometime with the company to do so. Speaking about my days off lol I made sure I took all my vacation and also days I have in the bank with me, so I start sunday which I have a full week off to relax, cause once I statr on the 23 I know I'm not going to have any days off cause of my 1 year probation. Oh about weekends I'm use to it cause I still don't have weekends off in ct transit and I'm pushing 4 years lol so I'm use to it. Get back to me.:tup:

When I first signed up I believe I list went online and did it. They weren't using prudential at the time, but it was still simple to set up the account. Benefit people are gonna be there the first day you come in for orientation anyway. So they may give you forms. If not you can always just go online and do it yourself.

When I first signed up I believe I list went online and did it. They weren't using prudential at the time, but it was still simple to set up the account. Benefit people are gonna be there the first day you come in for orientation anyway. So they may give you forms. If not you can always just go online and do it yourself.

Ok so when you talk about you put 3% in both account, what you mean by that, are you talking about 401k and pension?

Ok so when you talk about you put 3% in both account, what you mean by that, are you talking about 401k and pension?

Well pension is a automatic 2% for TA NYCERS 25/55 members at least. You have no option for how much you want to contribute into the pension system. I'm not sure how MTA bus pension system works since they don't uses NYCERS. But the 3% I was referring to is for 401k & 457b contributions.

Well pension is a automatic 2% for TA NYCERS 25/55 members at least. You have no option for how much you want to contribute into the pension system. I'm not sure how MTA bus pension system works since they don't uses NYCERS. But the 3% I was referring to is for 401k & 457b contributions.

Ok cool so o need to find out if mta bus have 457b which I'm sure they do have one, if so that's what I'm going to do.

Ok cool so o need to find out if mta bus have 457b which I'm sure they do have one, if so that's what I'm going to do.

No you don't they have it. Any MTA employee can open either. But the pension MTA bus uses is different from NYCTA & MABSTOA. FOR that fact OA's pension is different too but more closely matched to what NYCERS is. The advantage of a NYCERS pension is if you go to another city agency that also uses the NYCERS pension system, you can transfer your time over with you.

No you don't they have it. Any MTA employee can open either. But the pension MTA bus uses is different from NYCTA & MABSTOA. FOR the fact OA's pension is different too but more closely matched to what NYCERS is. The advantage of a NYCERS pension is if you go to another city agency the also uses the NYCERS pension system, you can transfer your time over with you.

Wow that's good I wish mta bus had that type of pension plan, but I'm not crying about it at least they have some type of pension plan.

Wow that's good I wish mta bus had that type of pension plan, but I'm not crying about it at least they have some type of pension plan.

I think the way their plan ((MTA) BUS) works is you get $105 towards your pension for every year you worked. So if you do 25 years you would be getting a pension of $2625.00 a month, roughly $31500 a year before taxes. I mean that ain't the greatest amount of money but it's still better than nothing. The way NYCERS works is they average your best three years salaries and then divide it in half. So let's say your best years were $73,000 ,$80,000 and $76,000, you would have a average salary of $76,330/2=$38,165. And this is the reason old timers on their way out try and do as much OT as possible to boost their pensions.

I think the way their plan ((MTA) BUS) works is you get $105 towards your pension for every year you worked. So if you do 25 years you would be getting a pension of $2625.00 a month, roughly $31500 a year before taxes. I mean that ain't the greatest amount of money but it's still better than nothing. The way NYCERS works is they average your best three years salaries and then divide it in half. So let's say your best years were $73,000 ,$80,000 and $76,000, you would have a average salary of $76,330/2=$38,165. And this is the reason old timers on their way out try and do as much OT as possible to boost their pensions.

Yea your absolutely right about mta bus pension. A lot of the guys at mta bus said that, it will change in the near future and that mta bus right now is at a stepping stool right now. I was told the starting pay and top pay was never the same as ta/oa, but that also change just recent because now its the same pay as long as your within a bus depot that's TWU 100. Where as depots under *(_ makes a lil less. So a lot of the guys was telling me its going to change sooner or later. I'm hearing that they in talks of merging B/C with O/A, but the problem is the seniority list. But as for now B/C is heading in the right direction from what I'm hearing. That's one of the reasons why I was really trying to figuer out if I should jump ship now and go with B/C or waith for O/A. But like what you and a lot of ppl said on this site, O/A aint promise so I will just run with B/C and hope for the best, and I really did not want to deal with ppl in the bronx anyways. I know I still have to deal with the same crap on the local routes in queens, where I can still enjoy some of the express runs if I get to even see some lol. Oh well least my foots in the door now I'm going to make my money and run with it to the wheels fall off.:cool:

Hey ruff what did they say, how come you can't make it. Whens the next class your going to be in?

they call me that same day and said that they could not hold my spot for me, so i will be called for the next new class. I toke your advice and everything is normal now.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what number they are up to on exam 2901 and is it a way better chance because of people failing the boss exam and there not wanting MTA bus and waiting for mabstoa

The list is frozen until 2012. They were offering people positions @ (MTA) Bus Full-Time and Part-Time work @ MaBSTOA with the incentive of full-time in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
just took my second drug test for 2901 it was today hope to make july class let hope for the best

Well I hope so too man. If everything goes like it has for other members of this forum, you should hear something back from TA in a few days from today.

• 2 weeks later...

whats going on people took the test for 2901 passed that and recieved a letter congratualting me on passing and to be ready when called upon how long does it usually take for them to call you back i aslo heard that once you get in training is no joke how hard is the training and can anybody give me some details on what the training consist of thnaks in advance for the info

There's plenty of threads on the training course you'll endure. And from what I understand, yes - it is a rough ride, but only the strongest will survive.

Take a look at the stickies at the top of the TC Discussions forum, more specifically - the Bus Operator's FAQ. Good info and great growd here.

• 3 weeks later...
hi everyone it now 7/16 my sec drug on 6/10 is gone now i need to take drug test #3 if i get a call my list# is in the 400s did anyone get call for july or aug class plz let me know ty all

I could have sworn that somebody on this thread said that they won't

be calling from list 2901 until Jan/2012. Which is why they were offering

people from the other list #2801 MTA Bus positions. I am not on any

mabstoa list but I do follow any B/O related thread on here.

QUOTE=transit bx;408542]I took the boss back in 2 1 2011 since my list number was so low I also got put on mta bus company list to get hired for this year I took the drug test back in 3 8 2011 but I called ta and they told me they have no more vacancy for that division I maybe get called back in may when they will have more class they are going to start hiring from list 2901 in early 2012 but you will prob. Get called before then since your on list 8006 good luck on the boss its easy

I could have sworn that somebody on this thread said that they won't

be calling from list 2901 until Jan/2012. Which is why they were offering

people from the other list #2801 MTA Bus positions. I am not on any

mabstoa list but I do follow any B/O related thread on here.

QUOTE=transit bx;408542]I took the boss back in 2 1 2011 since my list number was so low I also got put on mta bus company list to get hired for this year I took the drug test back in 3 8 2011 but I called ta and they told me they have no more vacancy for that division I maybe get called back in may when they will have more class they are going to start hiring from list 2901 in early 2012 but you will prob. Get called before then since your on list 8006 good luck on the boss its easy

Your right, EXAM 2901 they wont hire until late next year for MABSTOA.but they will hire you for MTA BUS since they have open position. The catch is if you take the MTA BUS position, you will be remove from the MABSTOA list. I dont regate taking the MTA BUS position at all:tup: And pretty soon everything is going to be on the same level as MABSTOA in fact the only thing diffrent is the pension which got better. Oh also our pass which is green.

Archived