Quick Question

Cait Sith

Umm, well I'm planning on recording videos along the LIRR. My question is, like for example if I plan on recording at woodside station, would I have to pay just to get into the station, or can I just go into it w/o paying but not on the train? I've never rode the LIRR or Metro North so I dont know how things operate around there :x

You don't need to have a ticket to be on the platform. If you get on the train, you should have a ticket, if not you have pay the conductor the fare plus a $5 surcharge.

But other than that, you're free to shoot pictures and videos all you want without paying a dime at a station.

GCT is really fun to do metro-north stuff at. As for LIRR, try shea's station, when there are no events at shea etc the trains bypass it, good for catching full consists. Also, tarrytown is good too, you'll find amtrak and metro-north trains there.

- Andy

Looking forward to more of your material.

woo! I'll be sure to please :)

GCT is really fun to do metro-north stuff at. As for LIRR, try shea's station, when there are no events at shea etc the trains bypass it, good for catching full consists. Also, tarrytown is good too, you'll find amtrak and metro-north trains there.

- Andy

Well, the thing is, I dont really want to travel down the line, mostly cause I dont know the prices for tickets and also....i'm low on money lol. I was thinking about going to a LIRR station VIA NYC Subway. Any other stations besides Penn Station, Jamaica, and woodside has those type of transfers?

Yes, forrest hills gets bypassed a lot, and there's the subway right there. Kew gardens also good. The fare is usually not that much, $4.25 in the CTZ which includes Nostrand(A)(C), flatbush (D)(M)(N)(R)(2)(3)(4)(5)(:D(Q), east new york(L)(J)(A)(C), woodside(7), kew gardens (E)(F), forrest hills(F)(E), penn station(A)(C)(E)(1)(2)(3), and jamaica(E)(J)(Z). I believe shea is the same price, but is on the port washington line not in the city terminal zone. To get to shea, simply take the (7) out, and you should be able to access the LIRR platforms.

Basically you can take the (2)(3)(4)(5)(7)(7x)(A)(:D©(D)(E)(F)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(V) and Z to see all the LIRR stations in queens and brooklyn (and penn station in manhattan).

Hope this info helps!

- Andy

- Andy

The LIRR platform at shea studium is closed off when the mets are on the road or on an off day. and stamford is good too but thats in CT same goes for new rochlle.

The LIRR platform at shea studium is closed off when the mets are on the road or on an off day. and stamford is good too but thats in CT same goes for new rochlle.

You can still see it from the (7)(7x) station platform across the yard & depot area.

- Andy

Archived