Court Orders MTA to Award Raises

Donald

Yeah next contract is gonna be our biggest fight ever. After the whole fiasco wit the TA for this contract which was ratified 2 years ago, it's not gonna be pretty next years. I can see some serious zeros for the 1st 2 years and like a 4% raise in the third year. So 0,0,4. What does anyone else think?.

I would be ok with a no lay off clause and 0%,0%,5%

with the way things are going i would take 3 0%'s but fight for a lot of work rule changes. everybody always wants raises but they never realize what is given up for those raises. by taking nothing we have more to gain as far as work rules and bennefits. but try convincing a whole membership of that and they would just burn the union hall down.

with the way things are going i would take 3 0%'s but fight for a lot of work rule changes. everybody always wants raises but they never realize what is given up for those raises. by taking nothing we have more to gain as far as work rules and bennefits. but try convincing a whole membership of that and they would just burn the union hall down.

I've had that argument with my co-workers over the years. Luckily my family was comprised of older civil servants who stressed benefits over the dollar signs so I "saw the light" relatively early on in my career.

bus operator like me lol $29.96 train operator $31.88 conductor $27.81 cleaner $25.39 station agent $27.50 bus maintainer $31.88 car inspector $33.28 track worker $29.10 power distribution maintainer $32.12

Where did you get this info from? and did the union already post this on the web site or give hand outs?.

Do all B/Os make $29.96? I thought it depends on your depot and which company you work for?

All TA & OA B/O's get paid the same exact rate. MTA Bus B/O's get paid less or on a par depending on what depot they work out of, and what bus company they were working for when the (MTA) took them over.

bus operator like me lol $29.96 train operator $31.88 conductor $27.81 cleaner $25.39 station agent $27.50 bus maintainer $31.88 car inspector $33.28 track worker $29.10 power distribution maintainer $32.12

How long does it take to reach top pay for a car inspector?

O

You get raises yearly on your anniversary date until you get to top pay.

That's not true for C/R Will. You get one raise after you finish your 1 year probation, then a raise every 6 months until you reach top pay after completing your 3rd year, then only when there is a contractual raise do you get a raise after that.

T/Os get paid a lot upfront when going to schoolcar.When you graduate from schoolcar you get another ump in pay and when you reach 231 road days (that means in passenger service.Switching jobs and yard jobs dont count)then you get that final bump to top pay.It takes roughly about 18 months to get to top pay once out of schoolcar.I have not reached it yet.

What work rules do you want changed? What is so bad about them that you would give up a riase for them to be changed?

One rule I would like to see changed is for the train crew to drop back and not have to go right back out again right away when arriving at a terminal late because of track gangs.Most times on the A line on the midnights,after a 2 hour 15-25 minute run run 207-Far Rock with the lateness because of track gangs,once I get there I have to change ends and go right back out which is a killer.Even 15 minutes is at least something.

One rule I would like to see changed is for the train crew to drop back and not have to go right back out again right away when arriving at a terminal late because of track gangs.Most times on the A line on the midnights,after a 2 hour 15-25 minute run run 207-Far Rock with the lateness because of track gangs,once I get there I have to change ends and go right back out which is a killer.Even 15 minutes is at least something.

thats because you dont stand up for yourself rookie. just kidding. just tell the t/d you are taking a comfort. i never go in and out. i take at least a 20 min comfort.

"just tell the t/d you are taking a comfort. i never go in and out. i take at least a 20 min comfort."

I'm not sure I would want to do that if I was on probation.

Andrew is no longer a probie Donald. So he has full union representation and can stand up for himself if he chooses.

"just tell the t/d you are taking a comfort. i never go in and out. i take at least a 20 min comfort."

I'm not sure I would want to do that if I was on probation.

No one will tell you anything if you need a pit stop. No matter if you are a proby or not.

Just make sure you request it and not take it with out telling console dispatcher.

Archived