New LFS buses roll out on Staten Island

Via Garibaldi 8

Apparently some of the LFS buses are already being put into service on Staten Island. Bus #8005 was seen this morning at Clove & Victory running on the (S66) line as I was on the X14 this morning. Is it me or do the doors look wider on that bus?? ;)

That explains the one I saw on the (S66) this morning while on the (S93).

That explains the one I saw on the (S66) this monring while on the (S93).

I didn't feel like running for the X30, so my new plan has been to take the (S53) to Victory & Clove & catch the last (S93) because it bypasses all of those stupid stops along Clove and leaves me on the service road to catch the X2, not to mention that the last one is not crowded at all. Of course the 08:30 (S53) was 10 minutes late so I scrapped that idea and took the next (S53) over to the X14 and transferred to the X2 from there. I am done doing that stupid Downtown nonsense. :mad:

The added stops along Downtown add a good 20 minutes to the commute so I will be using the X2 in the mornings now. I see quite a few other former X14 riders were smart like me and have now switched the X2. Not only is it quicker than the X14, but also less crowded. :cool:

My question is does is the (S93) going towards Brooklyn in the morning ever crowded??

To answer your question about the (S93), yes it can be crowded sometimes in the mornings. When I used to go to High school in Manhattan, I often used the (S93) to get to Bay Ridge and use the (R). It varies from a few people to standees mostly around 6-7AM.

To answer your question about the (S93), yes it can be crowded sometimes in the mornings. When I used to go to High school in Manhattan, I often used the (S93) to get to Bay Ridge and use the (R). It varies from a few people to standees mostly around 6-7AM.

This has me thinking now...

Apparently some of the LFS buses are already being put into service on Staten Island. Bus #8005 was seen this morning at Clove & Victory running on the (S66) line as I was on the X14. Is it me or do the doors look wider on that bus?? ;)

Only ONE LFS Went into service today and I HAD IT!!!!

Keep an eye on the forum as several guys from the forum were out and caught me.... it in action!!! lol

Well it must've been nice going through Grymes Hill with that bus. How is it compared to the next Generation buses anyway? It looks like the aisles a bit wider. If that's the case, then that's already a better set up in comparison to the next Generation buses. There is no where to stand in those buses without banging into someone unless you stand near the door.

Well it must've been nice going through Grymes Hill with that bus. How is it compared to the next Generation buses anyway? It looks like the aisles a bit wider. If that's the case, then that's already a better set up in comparison to the next Generation buses. There is no where to stand in those buses without banging into someone unless you stand near the door.

The reaction I recieved from the people(and they actually paid!) was positive!! they love the bus. it has some issues with bottoming out and scraping when turning fromHighland Av onto Victory, Otherwise it was a great day on the road. I was the only one out on the road and Noone else gets one til at least monday. Not enough trained operators to put them in service.

Why do some people on message boards like this and others complain about the inwards-opening rear door? Almost every single low-floor bus in Boston(and other cities, as well) has them, and, as far as I know, nobody has ever gotten hurt by them. Maybe it's the large concentration of elite universities in Boston that gives us the intelligence(no offense) to step away from the doors when they're opening, but I still don't see why the doors are so problematic for you New Yorkers.

Why do some people on message boards like this and others complain about the inwards-opening rear door? Almost every single low-floor bus in Boston(and other cities, as well) has them, and, as far as I know, nobody has ever gotten hurt by them. Maybe it's the large concentration of elite universities in Boston that gives us the intelligence(no offense) to step away from the doors when they're opening, but I still don't see why the doors are so problematic for you New Yorkers.

Its an adjustment for everyone. Every bus I've every seen in NYC has had outward opening rear doors. Give them time. They got used to the rollback and quick takeoff of the ng's.

Archived