Ouch

TwoTimer

Nice, delay everyone on their way to work cause people are morons. Some people are too stupid to live..Really, how are people this CARELESS with their own lives?

I have alot of friends, some of them are noght that "bright" but none of us run around the subway playing and whatever getting hit by trains, so the questions is...Who are these simpletons? Train = hundreds of tons.. People = hundreds of pounds.. Not much more needed to know than that. My parents taught me to stay away from the platform edge as a child.. I guess these guys didnt get that lesson.

That'll wake you up in the morning!

Every day when I commute to Flatbush Ave, people run down the LIRR platform (train usually arrives on track 6) to the subway turnstiles. Pathetic. As if that train will be the last subway train ever.

Every day when I commute to Flatbush Ave, people run down the LIRR platform (train usually arrives on track 6) to the subway turnstiles. Pathetic. As if that train will be the last subway train ever.

It may be the last train ever for one of them!

The strange thing about the photo is that it's at the south end of the downtown platform. The train is barely moving by the time it reaches that point; how could the damage have been so bad?

Those people are morons!

so now the article is updated with the 18 year olds photo and witnesses saying " he looked pale" but he looks pale in the pic also.. anyway, if youre not feeling well, why stand close to the edge? Why not have a seat or just not go on the platform at all? Who stands all the way at the end of the platform where there are no train doors anyway? and why is he at an area of the platform that is the narrowest part of it? Im sure his family will place blame on the MTA and sue NYC.

Common sense isnt so common

Unfortunately the T/O still had to go downtown pee in a cup, and deal with the MAC Center and write a G-2. The T/O may have to deal with the law dept when and if this kids parents Sue the MTA...

A lawsuit would be ridiculous, but let's not ignore the fact a kid passed out and got hit by a train here. He's the victim (with no villain), not the T/O. Unfair for the T/O, maybe, but I'll tell you this, I'd rather do my business in a cup for a year and a half than lose a chunk of my head to an R142.

Who said im blaming the kid? Hes messed up he might not make it. Im just saying how it is down here with incidents such as this.

You keep right on thinking that some slick talking lawyer wont have the parents sue i got a bridge to sell you..

We're being a little too harsh on the kid. Sure it's his fault for running on the platform and now the T/O has to pee in a cup...But who hasn't run to catch the train if he/she is running late?

I'll admit, a lot of times I've had to do a little sprint to catch the (C) because of the 10 minute-ish headways. But (4) and (5) trains fly in and out of 14th Street all the time and running was unnecessary. Everyone makes mistakes big or small and we should just drop it.

Sad to see indeed.

Some of the comments on the DN page suggest he may not have eaten enough, and that might have explained what happened.

The daily news says he fainted / collapsed. The New York Post says he was running for the train and his head was clipped by it.. Who knows what really happened, either way people need to stay away from the edge of the platform.

Archived