The (A) and (C) Changes (swap)

R32 3838

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if anything it would probably be more feasible, if they were going to put R32s on the (A) to just have em go to both ends. They did for years, I dont see how having someone turn a few rollsigns is such a big problem all of a sudden. The (C) would benefit from longer trains

That is a smart idea actually. It give the (C) full length trains, and this bring back the 'outdoor' railfan window. Son of a ducky, it's a good way to tell which (A) goes where.

I think the (A) trains when they reach 207 Street, alternate which terminal they will go to. Ive heard that the ones coming from Far Rock when they hit 207 they go back down 8 Ave to Lefferts and then they go back up to 207 and go back to Far Rock

if anything it would probably be more feasible, if they were going to put R32s on the (A) to just have em go to both ends. They did for years, I dont see how having someone turn a few rollsigns is such a big problem all of a sudden. The (C) would benefit from longer trains

I think It was the same with the R160's, they only sent them to lefferts because they didn't want to expose them to sea water & cause them to rust. I'm guessing thats what happened to the R44's, they got retired due to exposure to sea water.

From what I heard, they don't want to send an R32 or R160 over there because they are trying to "preserve" the R32s (so they will stay alive just a few years more :)). Same reason with the R160, don't want to crap out a new fleet :tup:.

+++++++++++++

Wait a second... Is this an April fools joke? because R32's on the (A) = :drool:

I think It was the same with the R160's, they only sent them to lefferts because they didn't want to expose them to sea water & cause them to rust. I'm guessing thats what happened to the R44's, they got retired due to exposure to sea water.

From what I heard, they don't want to send an R32 or R160 over there because they are trying to "preserve" the R32s (so they will stay alive just a few years more :)). Same reason with the R160, don't want to crap out a new fleet :tup:.

+++++++++++++

Wait a second... Is this an April fools joke? because R32's on the (A) = :drool:

Actually, the R160s had electromagnetic interference when riding over the flats which messed up the electronic components of the cars (IIRC the level of the wires to the train had something to do with it). It had nothing to do with rust.

And the R44 issue was more to do with the acid baths they gave the set in the 70s and 80s, which ate away at the support structure of the train, though the seawater didn't help the situation.

+++++++++++++

How did they only run to Lefferts if there are pictures of R160 (A) trains at Howard Beach-JFK Airport!? If they wanted too they could run them down there.

Meh...whatever happens happens.

As a daily (C) rider, I could say the ride is great. The R32's seats are significantly more comfortable than the R160 seats. Besides, the R32s provide a more nostalgic feel with the screeching and the graffiti :)

Riders are going to have their ears clean of wax when they hear an R32 (A) screeching down the tracks after they've had all R46s. Not that the R46s sound all that better.

Meh...whatever happens happens.

As a daily (C) rider, I could say the ride is great. The R32's seats are significantly more comfortable than the R160 seats. Besides, the R32s provide a more nostalgic feel with the screeching and the graffiti :)

Riders are going to have their ears clean of wax when they hear an R32 (A) screeching down the tracks after they've had all R46s. Not that the R46s sound all that better.

Especially when we bring it in there on the post.

Another one of these threads.........

Like i said before, Ill wait and see..

There is no point of doing this.. It seems like people are so hyped to put the R32s on the (A) becuz its sooooo boring not having a RFW outside.. Thats where the foaming comes in.

Not saying last weeks R32 on the (A) was a lie, but the swap for May, Idk..

There is no point of swapping anyways.. Whats the difference.. Making it full length? I'd wait till the R32s/42s are already in progress for retirement for that. Even tho im in no rush for that.

I did hear the R44s could come back to replace some of the R32s on the (C) this summer. Dk yet about that but i hope that does happens.

But swapping for no reason is just bs..

What happen to the ENY / 207 swap of the R32s.. Never happened lolz. So we wait and see. For now im neutral.

And who knows if this was a joke for yesterday?!

Okay Its not a 100% chance yet but read this:

http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=1051570

To Be Honest, This a a very Stupid idea and you can't just have the just go to lefferts, Damn Maybe the R46's are doing that good at all, I heard the (C) riders are fed up with the R32's, But its not certan yet so don't foam.

Did you happen to think that this was an April Fools prank?

There is no point of doing this.. It seems like people are so hyped to put the R32s on the (A) becuz its sooooo boring not having a RFW outside.. Thats where the foaming comes in.

That R32 set on the (A) was legit. I was on that very set.

As for the bolded part, thats all its about really!

Did you happen to think that this was an April Fools prank?

That R32 set on the (A) was legit. I was on that very set.

As for the bolded part, thats all its about really!

I know, i fixed up my post before the quote. But i mean the swaps between the (A) and (C) idk about that.

There is no point of swapping anyways.. Whats the difference.. Making it full length? I'd wait till the R32s/42s are already in progress for retirement for that. Even tho im in no rush for that.

I did hear the R44s could come back to replace some of the R32s on the (C) this summer. Dk yet about that but i hope that does happens.

But swapping for no reason is just bs..

What happen to the ENY / 207 swap of the R32s.. Never happened lolz. So we wait and see. For now im neutral.

And who knows if this was a joke for yesterday?!

The Person who wrote that works for the TA, But I have to Agree on 1 thing Its a Very Dumb Move and its not going to last long, REASON Those R32's will drop like Flies, Trust Me I Bet Money It won't last long, They were better off sending them ether back to Jamaica for exchange for R46's or Coney Island for Newer R68's, This is so far the 7th time they will make they return and trust me its going to be a nightmare because they have rollsigns and I not a big fan of the (A) anymore, Its FU**king Slow now and the (A) runs 24/7 so Look foward of this plan going out the window, I heard they want to do this because the (C) riders Complained to the (MTA), and the dispashers are going to be angry as hell and plus the (A) has 2 terminals and a 3rd one for the PM rush, So I Know if they do this this is going to lead to another car swap, Why in the Hell they can't just let the R32's go to CI Already damn:mad: AND TO TOP THIS OFF THEY WANT TO STEAL 2 More R46's from Jamaica, WTF so what's going to replace them air

The Person who wrote that works for the TA, But I have to Agree on 1 thing Its a Very Dumb Move and its not going to last long, REASON Those R32's will drop like Flies, Trust Me I Bet Money It won't last long, They were better off sending them ether back to Jamaica for exchange for R46's or Coney Island for Newer R68's, This is so far the 7th time they will make they return and trust me its going to be a nightmare because they have rollsigns and I not a big fan of the (A) anymore, Its FU**king Slow now and the (A) runs 24/7 so Look foward of this plan going out the window, I heard they want to do this because the (C) riders Complained to the (MTA), and the dispashers are going to be angry as hell and plus the (A) has 2 terminals and a 3rd one for the PM rush, So I Know if they do this this is going to lead to another car swap, Why in the Hell they can't just let the R32's go to CI Already damn:mad: AND TO TOP THIS OFF THEY WANT TO STEAL 2 More R46's from Jamaica, WTF so what's going to replace them air

What i heard is that in the summer the R44s will be reactivated and replace some of the R32s on the (C) due to problems with R32s. And this is going to be for the summer.

Also you mentioned a t/a worker said it. Just becuz one t/a worker said, doesn't mean its true. The ones from the Yards know what they r doing not just a single t/o or c/r.

These swaps are really annoying. The (A) has 3 southern terminal. Rkway Pk, Lefferts and Mott. So this is not a good idea. Ether leave them on the (C) or put them on a line that don't require swap. But moving to another line other then he (C) is another pointless idea, becuz there isn't enough R32s to even cover the (:) for example..

Just my words.

Holy run-on sentences and horrible spelling and grammar, Batman.

Archived