The (A) and (C) Changes (swap)

R32 3838

if its the R32's passengers are complaining about, then lets have ENY and 207 swap equipment. R32's for (J)/(Z) and the 8 car R160s for (C) service, and send the R42's to 207 aswell...but ENY has to keep about 17 sets of R160's for the (M). Then you can have the (A) left with Some R32's/R42's to Lefferts and what not and keep all R46's to the Rockaways...

so ENY can be R32/R160 while 207th st yard can keep some R32/R42 and R160's...I dont see the problem there... :eek: :confused:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if its the R32's passengers are complaining about, then lets have ENY and 207 swap equipment. R32's for (J)/(Z) and the 8 car R160s for (C) service, and send the R42's to 207 aswell...but ENY has to keep about 17 sets of R160's for the (M). Then you can have the (A) left with Some R32's/R42's to Lefferts and what not and keep all R46's to the Rockaways...

so ENY can be R32/R160 while 207th st yard can keep some R32/R42 and R160's...I dont see the problem there... :eek: :confused:

That'll be a problem if 207th gets 8-car R160s as there may be a case where the (A) may need a train and if an 8-car R160 is the only thing available there will be problems.

They wont do that due to the fact those ENY R160's were built to stay there, Like I stated before they need to send all of the R32's to CI for (-_- service for an exchange for Newer R68's for the (A) or (C), But IF They did this swap between the (A)/© its going to lead to another swap the same and the same people ride both the (A)/© so this shit makes no sense at all, and Yes those people did complain alright, They complained for years, Rerember the politics are not strong in that area where the (A) and (C) serve, so They will always get the shit that ran on other lines for over 30 years, But they will make this political if this keeps on happening and the TA Knows that.

They wont do that due to the fact those ENY R160's were built to stay there, Like I stated before they need to send all of the R32's to CI for (-_- service for an exchange for Newer R68's for the (A) or (C), But IF They did this swap between the (A)/© its going to lead to another swap the same and the same people ride both the (A)/© so this shit makes no sense at all, and Yes those people did complain alright, They complained for years, Rerember the politics are not strong in that area where the (A) and (C) serve, so They will always get the shit that ran on other lines for over 30 years, But they will make this political if this keeps on happening and the TA Knows that.

there isnt enough R32's for (B) service. :tdown: there are only 222 of them now. even 240 wasnt enough. btw R160's arent built for yards, they are built for service, so i dont really see a problem sending 8 car 160's to 207...Jamaica has some 8 car R160s :confused:

Jamaica has some 8 car R160s :confused:

Jamaica Yard doesn't have 8 car R-160's...those belong to the (M) which are East New York Yard cars. Those 8 cars are layed up b/w Kew Gardens-Union Turnpike and Parsons Boulevard for the (M) to start its AM rush service from Forest Hills 71st-Continental Avenues....it doesn't mean those are Jamaica Yard cars!

there isnt enough R32's for (-_- service. :tdown: there are only 222 of them now. even 240 wasnt enough. btw R160's arent built for yards, they are built for service, so i dont really see a problem sending 8 car 160's to 207...Jamaica has some 8 car R160s :confused:

200 R32's for 200 R68A's the rest would stay at 207th for extra service, and Jamaica only have their R160's, the R160's from the (M) are from ENY that lay up starting from south of 169th and ending at Parsons, they made it clear that those R160's do not lay up at Jamaica Yard.

Let the (J)/(Z) keep the R160's, If anything Jamaica should loose some since they have the most

200 R32's for 200 R68A's the rest would stay at 207th for extra service, and Jamaica only have their R160's, the R160's from the (M) are from ENY that lay up starting from south of 169th and ending at Parsons, they made it clear that those R160's do not lay up at Jamaica Yard.

Let the (J)/(Z) keep the R160's, If anything Jamaica should loose some since they have the most

But 200 R32s is not equal to 200 R68As as a 600 foot consist.

So basically at best a run on the GC-TS Shuttle [track 1] then?

Well no, I'm just not a fan of having the resistor grids enclosed in a box. That and I run an R17 all summer and don't really car to work or ride on one during the off season in the city.

Jamaica Yard doesn't have 8 car R-160's...those belong to the (M) which are East New York Yard cars. Those 8 cars are layed up b/w Kew Gardens-Union Turnpike and Parsons Boulevard for the (M) to start its AM rush service from Forest Hills 71st-Continental Avenues....it doesn't mean those are Jamaica Yard cars!

I know. what i meant was, that the 8 car R160s can be used in any location. R32 3838 said that the ENY cars were built for that yard only...which made no sense, i was just tryin to exemplify how those cars can end up via Qns Blvd

They actually have one train (or track reserved for it), and yes the rest are laid up on the mainline.

You say that,but i don't hear much nosie coming from riders who commute on the (C) line.

they did complain, its just that it was not public, and plus half of them don't care, I spoke to a freind that lives in that area of the (A)/© and he told me people complained, rerember they don't have strong politics like in Queens,South Brooklyn and Manhattan that Have Stong Politics.

they did complain, its just that it was not public, and plus half of them don't care, I spoke to a freind that lives in that area of the (A)/© and he told me people complained, rerember they don't have strong politics like in Queens,South Brooklyn and Manhattan.

No strong political connections in South Brooklyn? You may want to check on that, also the (A) and (C) don't go through South Brooklyn at all. I live in South Brooklyn and my neighborhood got the MTA to install timers on the (F) line, so there is some political pull there.

No strong political connections in South Brooklyn? You may want to check on that, also the (A) and (C) don't go through South Brooklyn at all. I live in South Brooklyn and my neighborhood got the MTA to install timers on the (F) line, so there is some political pull there.

I wrote That South Brooklyn Have strong Politics, I stated that The (A)/© passengers do not have strong politics like in South Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan

Why would people in your neighborhood want timers? So they complain of a slower commute?

The houses in my area were built in 1911 and predate the IND subway. Over the past 30 years, the earth over the tunnels has settled and the vibrations of the trains are cracking the foundations of some of the homes. While the Culver Viaduct work is being done, new track hardware is being installed to minimize this while a long term solution is found.

Archived