The (A) and (C) Changes (swap)

R32 3838

You say that,but i don't hear much nosie coming from riders who commute on the (C) line.

Maybe cuz they don't care what they have, as long as something shows up.

Or maybe cuz they're not so nitpicky like the other places

I'm just saying

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah its alright, and Plus That's good they don't have strong Politics because I can't stand politics

The (MTA) listens to the politicians because the politicians control the purse strings. The stronger the politician's power, the more they,(MTA), listen. A bunch of people protesting about R32s on the (C) line means nothing compared to 2 or 3 influential politicians making the right phone calls to those in power at the (MTA). While you might hate politics remember it's who controls the money is who calls the shots in the real world. Central Brooklyn has a bad habit of not voting, except in '08, and that's why it's representatives in Albany have such little clout.

The (MTA) listens to the politicians because the politicians control the purse strings. The stronger the politician's power, the more they,(MTA), listen. A bunch of people protesting about R32s on the (C) line means nothing compared to 2 or 3 influential politicians making the right phone calls to those in power at the (MTA). While you might hate politics remember it's who controls the money is who calls the shots in the real world. Central Brooklyn has a bad habit of not voting, except in '08, and that's why it's representatives in Albany have such little clout.

I Know Its just funny How they had to hear those stupid (E) riders run their mouths and that it was unfair that the (E) had old equipment while back when the R38,40,42,44 and R46's were brand New The (E) had gotten them first, People in Springfeild Gardens (they have the wrost politics out of queens) all they do is complain.

I Know Its just funny How they had to hear those stupid (E) riders run their mouths and that it was unfair that the (E) had old equipment while back when the R38,40,42,44 and R46's were brand New The (E) had gotten them first, People in Springfeild Gardens (they have the wrost politics out of queens) all they do is complain.

Springfield Gardens, South Jamaica, Bedford-Stuyvesant, the politicians look at the eligible voters and compare it to how many actually vote. That's where many areas fail. You also have many politicians who don't give a rat's behind about those who put them in office. They're in it for the dinero, period. That goes for ALL neighborhoods. Just check out who is being investigated or already indicted in the last decade or so. If your local politicians are unresponsive to their own constituents you better believe the (MTA) won't pay any attention to them.

they did complain, its just that it was not public, and plus half of them don't care, I spoke to a freind that lives in that area of the (A)/© and he told me people complained, rerember they don't have strong politics like in Queens,South Brooklyn and Manhattan that Have Stong Politics.

Well then those complaints are falling on deaf ears.

I'm just saying

(C) line riders should be glad they have service even if the R32 cars are 46 years old.

I don't know what politics this R32 obsessed poster is talking about with the E line. The E Line ran mostly R32s from 1990-2007, 17 years and then started mixing old R42/R40Ms in the line and finally put the R160 into service in December 2008 and it is one of the last lines to go all R160. The E gets R160 because it is a very heavily traveled line, no one can show it is because of politics. The R32s are supposed to be retired and would be were it not for the structural failure of the R44s.

I don't know what politics this R32 obsessed poster is talking about with the E line. The E Line ran mostly R32s from 1990-2007, 17 years and then started mixing old R42/R40Ms in the line and finally put the R160 into service in December 2008 and it is one of the last lines to go all R160. The E gets R160 because it is a very heavily traveled line, no one can show it is because of politics. The R32s are supposed to be retired and would be were it not for the structural failure of the R44s.

I think 'politics' is a much more of a factor in the major decision in route plannings for all subway and bus lines then the selection of what subway cars runs. So great comments there.

I heard somewhere the reason the (E) lost its R46s in the early 1990s was because the load/unload times were getting too high becasue of the 75 foot cars.

And that is true. On a 60' car, there's a total of 40 sets of doors you can enter/exit through (10 x 4), whereas on a 75' car, there's only 32 sets of doors (8 x 4)

You say that,but i don't hear much nosie coming from riders who commute on the (C) line.

I'm just saying

I think 'politics' is a much more of a factor in the major decision in route plannings for all subway and bus lines then the selection of what subway cars runs. So great comments there.

I agree. Ride the trains. Watch the news. Attend the public hearings. Riders mostly dont complain about what cars they get. Its HOW OFTEN THE RUN. Ill take a 40+ year old train every 5 mins than a R160 every 20 mins any day.

Archived