Woman hit by train at Port Authority

Trainspotter

Woman hit by train at Port Authority

Police say a woman is dead after jumping in front of a New York City subway train, and service has been disrupted on several train lines in Manhattan.

Police say the unidentified woman jumped in front of a northbound (A) train just after 4:30 p.m. Sunday at 42nd Street and Eighth Avenue.

The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.

The accident has rerouted (A)(C) and (E) service to the (F) line between West 4th and 42nd Streets. Transit officials say service is delayed on five separate lines.

That is very sad, tragic, shocking and disturbing. No one should ever end their life for any reason. There is always hope. Don't give up. If you need someone to talk to, find someone to talk to.

- Andy

Yeah I pulled into 42/8 s/b just minutes after it happen lots of stunned people just looking at the train. I had to proceed with restricted speed since I was the first S/B EXP to enter the station after the incident. The train was on the Local track since the Uptown Exp track was out of service. So (A)(C)(E)(D)(F) service was all effected. E via 6 AV W4 to 5 AV and A/C Via (F) Line per GO JAY TO WF then Via (D) W4 to 59.

Yup we had a few things happen on Sunday. You know this the scary part for me is if she decided to Jump in front of a Downtown Express train it would of been me hitting her.

Besides that a C/R on a Downtown (F) train was assulted at W 4 St at about 3PM. The guy then ran over to the Uptown Platfrom. The C/R gave the discription of the person. Control said of will give it to police and let us know what train he boards and police will meet that train enroute. So he gets on the Uptown (F) and once that came over the radio the crew didn't move they isisted the police meet them there. It didn't make Control center happy since the GO was in effect with Uptown (A)(C) on the (F) Line Jay to W4. Also the supervision was not thinking they could have Rerouted F Trains Up 8 AV but decide to not reroute anything and have all Uptown (A)(C)(F) trains hold in stations and between from Jay to W4.

Yup we had a few things happen on Sunday. You know this the scary part for me is if she decided to Jump in front of a Downtown Express train it would of been me hitting her.

Besides that a C/R on a Downtown (F) train was assulted at W 4 St at about 3PM. The guy then ran over to the Uptown Platfrom. The C/R gave the discription of the person. Control said of will give it to police and let us know what train he boards and police will meet that train enroute. So he gets on the Uptown (F) and once that came over the radio the crew didn't move they isisted the police meet them there. It didn't make Control center happy since the GO was in effect with Uptown (A)(C) on the (F) Line Jay to W4. Also the supervision was not thinking they could have Rerouted F Trains Up 8 AV but decide to not reroute anything and have all Uptown (A)(C)(F) trains hold in stations and between from Jay to W4.

Glad she didn't put you through that. It sounded like a crazy day for RTO.

Archived