Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Amtrak7

GO April 23: No 5 service

(5) Service is suspended

(2)(4)(J) and free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekend, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Apr 22 - 25

• Shuttle buses run between Dyre Av and East 180 St.

• Transfer between the shuttle bus and the (2) at East 180 St.

(2) trains make all (5) station stops between East 180 St and 149 St-Grand Concourse.

• Transfer at 149 St-Grand Concourse between the (2) and (4) trains.

(4) trains run between 149 St-Grand Concourse and Brooklyn Bridge, the last stop.

• Transfer at Brooklyn Bridge-Chambers St for the special (J) train running to alternate stations in lower Manhattan.

Additional alternate travel information will be available after Tuesday, Apr 19.

(J) shuttle to Prospect Park will also run, I wonder what it will say since the (M) is gone out of the Nassau St Connector...

Guest lance25

Knowing the (MTA), the announcements will be exactly the same.

(4) C/O will proberly said "There is no (5) train. If you need (5) service, you must take this train to 149th St for (2) train to East 180th St for free shuttle bus service."

It would be helpful if (7), (N), (Q), (R) made announcement regardding (5) not in Brooklyn.

Knowing the (MTA), the announcements will be exactly the same.
so far on all the stations in the bronx ive been too they make the announcements prefect, it tells you whats going on on all the lines in the city it made it very easy for me too get around this weekend

(4) C/O will proberly said "There is no (5) train. If you need (5) service, you must take this train to 149th St for (2) train to East 180th St for free shuttle bus service."

It would be helpful if (7), (N), (Q), (R) made announcement regardding (5) not in Brooklyn.

The (5) never goes to brooklyn on the weekend

Guest lance25
so far on all the stations in the bronx ive been too they make the announcements prefect, it tells you whats going on on all the lines in the city it made it very easy for me too get around this weekend

I was talking about the train announcements, not the platform ones.

(J) shuttle to Prospect Park will also run

I know what I am DEFINETLY going to be doing that weekend! :cool:

I hope they run R42's B)....

The (5) never goes to brooklyn on the weekend

I know.

I meant when (N)(R) reach Atlantic Av or 59th St, they could said to take (2) for (5) stops in Bronx and same for Times Sq and Lex Av-59th St.

(J) shuttle to Prospect Park will also run, I wonder what it will say since the (M) is gone out of the Nassau St Connector...

Me:

I would probably make it a lot simpler and extend ALL regular J trains to Prospect Park for this G.O., rather than have two J trains.

Me:

I would probably make it a lot simpler and extend ALL regular J trains to Prospect Park for this G.O., rather than have two J trains.

Many want that, but nobody gets that as it really is only a shuttle for lower Manhattan (when I was a c/r doing that GO I tried my best to get them off at Union Sq/Bleecker/Canal to a train going over the bridge and save them boatloads of time, and most listened.) and a connection to the brooklyn portion of IRT trains. That much service doesn't need to go to Brooklyn. It goes to prospect since it cant turn at Atlantic and Broad is a dead end. It really should just be called a (S)huttle as it really doesn't mimic the (J) at all, a very bad misnomer. Don't forget too there's limited capabilities at Prospect Park at the moment due to GO's.

You can't combine the 2 (J) trains since they both have different frequencies

"This is a Prospect Park bound (J) train via the (R) (or (Q) depending on the location) line. The next stop is..."

"This is a Manhattan bound (J) train via the (Q) (or (R) depending on the location) line. The next stop is..."

"This is an Essex St bound (J) local train. The next stop is..."

"This is a Brooklyn bound (J) local train. The next stop is..."

Outside of the train, its either gonnna say...

PROSPECT PARK

NASSAU ST LOCAL

via ATLANTIC AV

or...

ESSEX ST

NASSAU ST LOCAL

via CHAMBERS ST

Many want that, but nobody gets that as it really is only a shuttle for lower Manhattan (when I was a c/r doing that GO I tried my best to get them off at Union Sq/Bleecker/Canal to a train going over the bridge and save them boatloads of time, and most listened.) and a connection to the brooklyn portion of IRT trains. That much service doesn't need to go to Brooklyn. It goes to prospect since it cant turn at Atlantic and Broad is a dead end. It really should just be called a (S)huttle as it really doesn't mimic the (J) at all, a very bad misnomer. Don't forget too there's limited capabilities at Prospect Park at the moment due to GO's.

Then I would go to option two if combining the two lines to Prospect Park isn't an option, and especially with the G.O.'s in place currently: Run the J on those weekends via the old M route in Southern Brooklyn to 9th Avenue or Bay Parkway, depending on which is easier to use as a terminal. In any event, it would be less confusing in Manhattan to have a single J train as opposed to the two lines.

Then I would go to option two if combining the two lines to Prospect Park isn't an option, and especially with the G.O.'s in place currently: Run the J on those weekends via the old M route in Southern Brooklyn to 9th Avenue or Bay Parkway, depending on which is easier to use as a terminal. In any event, it would be less confusing in Manhattan to have a single J train as opposed to the two lines.

Like I said, combining both (J) and (J) shuttle trains would make the entire line way too long, plus both of them run on different frequencies so that woild throw the entire line out of control

I agree when I was on (J)(S) from 9th Av when (N) was extend to (Q) Brighton Beach to Kings Highway, when (Q) was not running, (J)(S) to/from 9th Av was empty during weekend G.O.