B6 Bensonhurst-Harway Av

Broadway Local

I know that Harway Av is in the Bath Beach Neighborhood, but on the B6, why does the destination sign said that Harway Av is in the Bensonhurst Neighborhood?

- Any help for me will be appreciated! :tup:

It goes right there by 25th Avenue, which is considered Bensonhurst. Another reason is that the (B64) runs mainly in Bath Beach along Bath Avenue, so the idea is that it serves Bath Beach, where as the (B3) and (B6) run right at the border of Bensonhurst and since it makes 25th Avenue as part of the destination, it uses Bensonhurst as the "terminus". The thing is that area over there is difficult because Bensonhurst & Bath Beach are right next to each other and overall out of the two of them, Bensonhurst is probably better known. The (B6) also spends more time serving Bensonhurst than it does Bath Beach and since the border is right there, it makes more sense to use Bensonhurst rather than Bath Beach. This could be important in terms of service cuts too.

If the (B3), (B6) and (B64) were all listed as serving Bath Beach, perhaps the (B64) would've been cut entirely instead of just cut back like it was to 25th Avenue. Remember it used to go down to the Coney Island train station and was an important link for Bath Beach residents.

I didn't notice or seen that thread. :)

It goes right there by 25th Avenue, which is considered Bensonhurst. Another reason is that the (B64) runs mainly in Bath Beach along Bath Avenue, so the idea is that it serves Bath Beach, where as the (B3) and (B6) run right at the border of Bensonhurst and since it makes 25th Avenue as part of the destination, it uses Bensonhurst as the "terminus". The thing is that area over there is difficult because Bensonhurst & Bath Beach are right next to each other and overall out of the two of them, Bensonhurst is probably better known. The (B6) also spends more time serving Bensonhurst than it does Bath Beach and since the border is right there, it makes more sense to use Bensonhurst rather than Bath Beach. This could be important in terms of service cuts too.

If the (B3), (B6) and (B64) were all listed as serving Bath Beach, perhaps the (B64) would've been cut entirely instead of just cut back like it was to 25th Avenue. Remember it used to go down to the Coney Island train station and was an important link for Bath Beach residents.

Thanks for answering my question very clear! :tup:

Archived