What's Your Heritage?

Jashawn R.

I'm kinda curious as to where everyone is from on the forums...

To start off....

My dad is Black, Jamaican, Panamanian, Cherokee Indian, and Irish....

...My mom is Black and Puerto Rican...

So basically, I am Black, Jamaican, Panamanian, Cherokee Indian, Irish, and Puerto Rican.

So I ask...What's YOUR heritage?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 100% Trini!

Love my heritage, especially when it comes to the food. :cool: :tup:

I love Jamaican food also lol :tup: B)

Jamaican & Indian. I was born in the Bronx. And I don't speak that ish l0l.

Liar you know damn well that Jamaican and Indian accent comes out when you get mad lololol....just messing with ya:p

My mother is from the deep south (South Carolina, the part where your neighbor is a mile down the road lol), and my father is 100% Trinidadian and me being born in Manhattan makes me a mutt lol

Roti & fried chicken FTW!!!!!

My Grandfather was from Spain then move to Cuba Pre-Revolution then 2 or 4 years before the Revolution he met my Grandmother in the Dominican Republic, He moved to the Dominican Republic just after the marriage, there they had 3 sons, my 2 uncles and my dad, My dad Move to NYC in the late 60's, My dad would travel to the NYC to Dominican Republic for vacation, That's were he met my mom from Baní in Peravia Province in the early 80's, They got married and my mom move to NYC to be with my dad, they had 2 sons, I was born in 1986 and brother was born in 1997.

So yea My family has migrated from the Atlantic to the Caribbean then to the Atlantic again so, My Grandmother still keeps in contact with my distant relatives from Spain from my Grandfather's side. B)

So pretty much have Spanish, Cuban and Dominican Heritage.

Filipino. Nothing really varied there, though I do have two nephews that have an Irish dad and a Filipina mom. Wonder what they'll be like when they grow up; have never seen a mixed Filipino before.

I work with a mixed Filipina and Italian chick in my office... She looks basically like she could be Latina or perhaps Asian, but then again that's what most Filipinos that I've seen look like. That's actually a nice mix. It's funny when you say nothing varied though because Filipinos are a mix of Spanish (from Spain) and Asian... My co-worker apparently grew up speaking Tagalog, but I don't think she uses it. She also speaks a little Italian and a little Spanish, but she can't handle any phone calls that come in so I take the Spanish, Italian & even Portuguese speakers since I can communicate w/them. lol

The other day I had a brasileira on the phone. Let's just say that was a funny conversation...

Am I the only white guy here? B)

I'm Italian, Irish, Arab, and Jamaican.

Really? For some reason I assumed you were Latino. B)

My mix is Italian (Sicilian) from my father's side.

My mother's side is a mix also, but I generally just say that I'm Italian to make things easy.

I look more Hispanic than anything though with my dark olive complexion... Puerto Rican or Dominican I suppose and I get the looks whenever I've been in Washington Heights. lol B)

I'm sum I'm a mulatto dude who speaks Italian & Spanish mainly and of course English, as well some French & a little German. :cool:

Archived