Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
FamousNYLover

Bus, Street and Expressway Question

If there was city or charter bus using Prospect St under Brooklyn Bridge, will bus be able to go underneath the bridge?

Does anyone know how height is bridge at that section?

I also wondering if buses allowed to use Clearview Expressway, Cross Island Parkway, Grand Central Parkway?

if it has no sign that states the height then its 14 feet or better. if there is a sign there then it that height. Use google maps to see the area if you are unsure.

Anything that says Expressway allows buses. Buses are not allowed on parkways with some exceptions. The QM2 uses the Grand Central Parkway. The FDR allows buses between the Battery and 23rd Street. Buses can't use the Brooklyn Bridge (at least not legally). When in doubt, look for a sign that says, "No Commercial Traffic". If you see that sign, buses are not allowed.

Anything that says Expressway allows buses. Buses are not allowed on parkways with some exceptions. The QM2 uses the Grand Central Parkway. The FDR allows buses between the Battery and 23rd Street. Buses can't use the Brooklyn Bridge (at least not legally). When in doubt, look for a sign that says, "No Commercial Traffic". If you see that sign, buses are not allowed.

Don't New York Airport service used Grand Central Parkway?

Its actually all the way up to 34 St, where the highway starts to rise up again. All trucks and buses must exit there.

Edited by Fresh Pond

Don't X90 use to stay on FDR Drive North up to 42nd St exit?

Nope it went up to 23 St turned left on 23, then right on 1 Av to about 55 St then used York Av

I meant long time when X90 had no stop in 20s.

I think when fare was $1.50 local or express bus was $3.00 I think.

When they used Orion 5s that could make the clearance? Nah, they still turned on 1st Avenue.

I meant before route change. I remember my Yorkville-bound X90 use 42nd St exit ramp off FDR Drive North before United Nations.

NB: Via FDR Drive North, 42nd St exit ramp, 1st Av, etc.