Why are their so many 12-9s this year?

r40s 4501

I could make alot of money with some of these....

SuicideBoothgif_thumb.jpg

it would save the train crews all the BS that goes with a jumper, though I can't do anything about the sh*theads who jump down after their phones or keys.

things are tough and uncertain, people aren't raised with that resiliency anymore, so when things get tough they run with their tail between their legs. Add that to paranoia about doomsday theories next year, I have a feeling it will increase next year.

Everyone tries to blame the MTA for the deaths, I say, look at what causes these people to kill themselves. We cant stop the problem, but we can do what little part we can. Check up on our friends, make sure they are alright and be there for them if they are feeling down.

i believe i said this a while ago 12/9s happen everyday, its just 98% dont make the news. the reason its in the spot light now is because you have foamers with scanners just waiting to be the first to post it online. you also have reporters that hate mta and need something to spin to make mta look bad. even if it is not mta's fault. then you have the local politician that wants to make a name for themself knowing dam well they really cant change anything. its nothing new except people are getting more information faster.

i believe i said this a while ago 12/9s happen everyday, its just 98% dont make the news. the reason its in the spot light now is because you have foamers with scanners just waiting to be the first to post it online. you also have reporters that hate mta and need something to spin to make mta look bad. even if it is not mta's fault. then you have the local politician that wants to make a name for themself knowing dam well they really cant change anything. its nothing new except people are getting more information faster.

over the past year or so there have been more 12-9s. Speaking with people I know who have 20 or 30 years on the job, they said that in the past there were usually 2 or 3 a week at the most. Now there seems to be one every day and with the internet and social media sites and blogs, people report what they see as it happens.

Archived