1080p HDTV & Blu-ray

Harry

I have a 1080p HDTV and a Blu-ray disc player and I've been watching nothing but Blu-ray movies for the past three weeks and there's no better way to watch movies. I recently bought Superman The Movie (1978) and it looks absolutely gorgeous. Who else is watching blu-ray?

Movies I've watched on Blu-ray disc:

Goodfellas*

The Patriot*

The Departed*

The Fifth Element*

Stir of Echoes*

Black Hawk Down*

Superman The Movie*

Phone Booth

Saw III

Saw IV

Spider-man 3

The Orphanage

Terminator II: Judgment Day

I Am Legend

No Country For Old Men

Behind Enemy Lines

The Rock

Shooter

Michael Clayton

* movies that I own

I saw Shooter in Blu-ray and it was crazy! I have HD, but I need to upgrade. There is just too much stuff to upgrade to these days!

I thought Shooter was pretty good. I expected to be disappointed but overall I like it. It dragged on a bit but it was enjoyable.

I'm poor, so no upgrades for me, i currently have a 3 year old 1080i 23 inch 16x9 tv, and upgrading to 1080p would mean a tv 2-3x more expensive, plus i'd have to change my whole collection to blu-ray to get the full experience AND a new disc player. Not for a while.

- Andy

I'm poor, so no upgrades for me, i currently have a 3 year old 1080i 23 inch 16x9 tv, and upgrading to 1080p would mean a tv 2-3x more expensive, plus i'd have to change my whole collection to blu-ray to get the full experience AND a new disc player. Not for a while.

- Andy

I finally made the switch to 1080p and HDTV about three weeks ago. I waited patiently for prices to drop to where I thought it was more reasonable. I'm glad I made the switch. I'm never looking back. Still a bit on the expensive side, but still cheaper than a year or two ago.

I finally made the switch to 1080p and HDTV about three weeks ago. I waited patiently for prices to drop to where I thought it was more reasonable. I'm glad I made the switch. I'm never looking back. Still a bit on the expensive side, but still cheaper than a year or two ago.

Oh totally. I do however have one mall piece of solace. My TV is the smallest one sold in the US that has 1080i, and you can't find it anywhere anymore except with a 720p screen and image processor.

- Andy

Oh totally. I do however have one mall piece of solace. My TV is the smallest one sold in the US that has 1080i, and you can't find it anywhere anymore except with a 720p screen and image processor.

- Andy

LOL! You're right about that one. B)

Damn, I want to get an HDTV. When my Xbox 360 was sent for repairs in March, I was at my neighbors playing his 360 on his HDTV, man, I never wanted to leave! I like the TVs I have now though, they're relatively new so I can't complain. Soon once I get trip expenses and other things out the way I'll get my HDTV.

For Blu-Ray, I'll probably wait til I consider getting a PS3.

Damn, I want to get an HDTV. When my Xbox 360 was sent for repairs in March, I was at my neighbors playing his 360 on his HDTV, man, I never wanted to leave! I like the TVs I have now though, they're relatively new so I can't complain. Soon once I get trip expenses and other things out the way I'll get my HDTV.

For Blu-Ray, I'll probably wait til I consider getting a PS3.

To date every single person I know with an X360 has had to send it in for repairs.

To date every single person I know with an X360 has had to send it in for repairs.

Yeah those 360s are a POS my 360 i got the red rings of death and i had to send it in for repairs. While my good ol PS2 never broke down on me and is much more reliable. I should have gotten an PS3 which is much more reliable. The only reason i got an 360 is because it was cheaper at that time.

LOL. Same here. I can understand once in a very rare blue moon that I have send it for repairs, but if its constant, I wouldn't want to bother even though I can't resist. So far though, I have been very satisfied with my 360. Can't complain with the games out for it.

The problem I sent it back for was that the video output wasn't showing on my TV nor any other.

• 7 months later...
here is a rule with electronics: buy Japanese. Whether its a PS3 o a Wii, its better than Xbox 360. My Nintendo 64 Never broke down on me (I had it since 1996) neither has my PS2, Wii, or Gamecube.

Yes but the Xbox 360 game library > PS3's & Wii's game library. That is the only reason why I've put up with the 360's hardware issues.

Archived