Fat-wary pol: Ban toys in Happy meals

St Louis Car 09

I'm sick of this Nanny State mentality. Parents should raise their kids, not the government.

Or if the government insists on telling parents how to raise their kids the parents should be allowed to drop the kids off with them when they want a parent's night out.

355 lbs...

who the (expltive) is he to judge anyone's eating habits.

just one more "do as I say, not as I do' politition. I think there is an ulterior motive.

fatpol.jpg

I had to sit in a City Council hearing he was testifying at. Looking at that large bulbous gut was hands down the most unpleasant experience Ive had that involved City government.

How about expanding gym in schools and making physical activity important in a childs curriculum?

That fat ass pig looks like grimmace. THats why he is against the happy meal toys.. What a fat pig. If he fell on the tracks I think he would stop the train without getting hurt hes such a huge lard ass. I saw this on the news and thought how pathetic this guy is.

The pot callin the kettle black.

That fat ass pig looks like grimmace. THats why he is against the happy meal toys.. What a fat pig. If he fell on the tracks I think he would stop the train without getting hurt hes such a huge lard ass. I saw this on the news and thought how pathetic this guy is.

The pot callin the kettle black.

You got your words twisted. He is a black, shaped like a pot. Just round.......

Councilmen Cormin might be 'big.' However i seen on talk shows people who weighed as much as 400 pounds or more.:eek:

They are all morbidly obese.........

I had to sit in a City Council hearing he was testifying at. Looking at that large bulbous gut was hands down the most unpleasant experience Ive had that involved City government.

How about expanding gym in schools and making physical activity important in a childs curriculum?

1. You suppose to remember something from those meetings. If it was something unpleasant, then you'll remember it better........

2. That LAP (Lard Ass Politician), should lead by example, and go to a gym, with cameras rolling to show him leading by example. The biggest loser is a place for him also. To be honest, I only see him leading McNuggets into his mouth with his hands.......

3. He has 2 kids, isn't it assault or attempted murder, if she was "submissive'..........

honestly, I don't think this is a bad idea. It's not even close to being the most intrusive governmental policy I have heard of, so I can live with it. It might even make kids just a little bit healthier and bring down health care costs. Maybe.

The little kids can live without their little plastic toys.

Lets be real.We all wanted a happy meal toy sooo bad,then the crap ends up under some couch let for dead after two days.Dont he know that you can buy the happy meal toy without the meal.I looks like he had for dinner #s 1-9 of the value menu and swallowed a few of those furby happy meal toys as well.Looking like a morbidly obese Steve Harvey!!!!

honestly, I don't think this is a bad idea. It's not even close to being the most intrusive governmental policy I have heard of, so I can live with it. It might even make kids just a little bit healthier and bring down health care costs. Maybe.

The little kids can live without their little plastic toys.

No, the point is the parents should be the ones to know when to allow the kids to eat unhealthy meals. Ie: don't eat at McDonalds every day just because it's cheap and readily available.

Plus usually a specific toy is at the McDonalds for a whole week before it changes [at least that's how I think it was], so there's no need to go every day if the kid wants the entire 'collection'.

The problem is that a lot of parents do take their kids for happy meals many times in the week, because it is cheap, available, and the kids want it. The reality is that this is the fattest generation we have ever seen, and it is time for the government to step in before we all die from diabetes, high blood pressure, and a general lack of activity.

Obviously, this is just a small step, and we need healthy foods that are cheap and accessible, more exercise programs, etc. BUt this is a good first, small step.

The problem is that a lot of parents do take their kids for happy meals many times in the week, because it is cheap, available, and the kids want it. The reality is that this is the fattest generation we have ever seen, and it is time for the government to step in before we all die from diabetes, high blood pressure, and a general lack of activity.

If parents aren't going to be the ones to help their kids, I sure as hell want the government to step in. Kids should not be the ones to suffer.

Obviously, this is just a small step, and we need healthy foods that are cheap and accessible, more exercise programs, etc. BUt this is a good first, small step.

Rather than make everyone suffer because other people have no sense of self-control, have healthcare/medicaid charge higher rates for obese people [if it's a genetic thing and not caused by poor eating habits, then that's an exception]. They want to eat fattening foods on a daily basis, then they should prepare to pay for a premium on their health insurance.

If parents aren't going to be the ones to help their kids, I sure as hell want the government to step in. Kids should not be the ones to suffer.

Remember, we do have the right to choose to eat the right things, or the wrong things. We don't need the government in all aspects of our daily lives. The higher premiums would do something, as it doesn't infringe on our rights, as smokers, and the non stop eaters, do have more health issues. The only reason I can see the Gov't getting involved, is due to taxpayers paying for the high heath cost we have, if the unhealthy habit people get sick, need medical, and don't have insurance. Someone pays, and it is us. I still don't believe they should nanny us about everything, but I can see why. It has become a cost burden.........

yeah, and then they will all sue for weight discrimination, lol.

When they take it to the highest court, they should hear it, then forklift the lawsuit out. Just let them know, it is fair unless it is a genetic, or medical condition causing one to be supersized. Being abused, or turning to food cause one is lonely, isn't an excuse in my book. You were abused, your an adult now, go and kick that persons ass. You lonely, keep trying to find that someone. There are true wilder beasts out there, with mates..........

I was fat for 19yrs of my life. For the last 12yrs, I have been where I should have been. For men with huge guts that aren't blessed like Ron Jeremy, not being told by someone else of your "size", cause your gut hides it, should be reason enough to lose some weight. They could take comfort in judging, and being able to measure themselves..........

yeah, and then they will all sue for weight discrimination, lol.

Boo f***ing hoo. I get discriminated against when I purchase car insurance for being young. Never had an accident or a moving violation in my life.

There are 3 ways for a system to be fair:

-Pay for what you use

-Everyone pays the same from birth to death

-No one pays anything

But when the good half perpetually has to pay to support the bad half, then you have a problem:

See American healthcare, American financial system, American economy, American credit cards...

Remember, we do have the right to choose to eat the right things, or the wrong things. We don't need the government in all aspects of our daily lives. The higher premiums would do something, as it doesn't infringe on our rights, as smokers, and the non stop eaters, do have more health issues. The only reason I can see the Gov't getting involved, is due to taxpayers paying for the high heath cost we have, if the unhealthy habit people get sick, need medical, and don't have insurance. Someone pays, and it is us. I still don't believe they should nanny us about everything, but I can see why. It has become a cost burden......... [/Quote]

It is really when it comes to the health of young kids that I believe the government should step in to a large extent, since kids are dependent on others to help them make choices.

It is unfair that certain kids end up with parents that cannot teach them proper decision making skills, etc, and in that case, I support any help the government gives, especially if it can change the course of a kid's life from being an obese diabetic to being a healthy individual, which reduces the future health care costs, which are costs that we really need to be aware of.

It is really when it comes to the health of young kids that I believe the government should step in to a large extent, since kids are dependent on others to help them make choices.

It is unfair that certain kids end up with parents that cannot teach them proper decision making skills, etc, and in that case, I support any help the government gives, especially if it can change the course of a kid's life from being an obese diabetic to being a healthy individual, which reduces the future health care costs, which are costs that we really need to be aware of.

And all they need to do is enforce standards of food in schools, then let people to exercise freedom in choosing them. Make cafeteria food conform to health standards. That's it.

But if the kids (or the parents) prefer home lunches, then they can have them.

It's not all what people eat. It's the fact that after school, kids in other countries go to the soccer field, ice rink, or baseball field.

Kids in the US, they go home, play video games, and watch TV.

Plus it's not the type of food in many cases, it's the AMOUNT of it that causes obesity. Compare American portions to anywhere else in the world and they are huge.

McDonald's is carnival food. It should be eaten at most 3-4 times a year. If the parent wants the kid to have a toy, pay separate for it. Ya, you can do that you know.

I think we can lock this thread now, you've been able to purchase toy separate from the meal for 25 years, just make it so the toys are no longer in there with the food.

- A

McDonald's is carnival food. It should be eaten at most 3-4 times a year. If the parent wants the kid to have a toy, pay separate for it. Ya, you can do that you know.

I think we can lock this thread now, you've been able to purchase toy separate from the meal for 25 years, just make it so the toys are no longer in there with the food.

- A

why? take away people's freedom of choice in a public restaurant because someone somewhere says it's bad for them?

if a kid doesn't like mcdonald's, he's not going to want to go, and he's going to throw a shit fit every time his parents take him there. and therefore his parents will not take him to mcdonald's anymore. kids can exercise freedoms too. for most kids mcdonald's is a treat, but few parents are stupid enough to take their kids there constantly.

people need to stop blaming fatness on anything other than their own laziness. it's time for them to get out of the f***ing sofa and go do something if they think they're too fat. no more blaming the juice companies, the sugar companies, the schools, the deli meats, or the fast food joints. there's one cure for fatness...get off your ass and go do something...go burn some calories. and go eat whatever you want when you're done just don't eat too much. you could eat low fat chicken with lettuce and tomatoes for the rest of your life but if you eat 10 pounds a day you're still gonna be fat.

Archived