Surprise!!! The first part of the Option Order for the R160B's isn't Alstom

RTOMan

Spotted going south Bound on the Astoria Line Burn Testing at 2221 hrs Last week..

Signed as a (N)ovember..

8977-76-75-74-8973+8972-70-69-68-8967

It was a Siemens train...

I got 8977-8973 in Bold because thats the frist 5 cars of the Option Order..

Anyone know wher I can find some vids to tell the difference between the systems?

Well, its not videos, but sound recordings.

Alstom Onix Propulsion

http://www.ttmg.org/sounds/tlogan/NYCS_Kawasaki_8722.mp3

Siemens Propulsion

http://www.ttmg.org/sounds/tlogan/NYCS_Kawasaki_8852.mp3

(Gets real good once departing Atlantic Street)

NYC Transit is having big problems with the Alstom propulsion. So, the rest of the Option order will be Siemens propulsion. They don't really have any major problems.

Also, not confirmed yet, due to the problems Alstom is creating, Kawasaki might be taking over the R160A order as well. However, I have to get this confirmed first.

NYC Transit is having big problems with the Alstom propulsion. So, the rest of the Option order will be Siemens propulsion. They don't really have any major problems.

Also, not confirmed yet, due to the problems Alstom is creating, Kawasaki might be taking over the R160A order as well. However, I have to get this confirmed first.

What's wrong with the Alstom Onix Propulsion?

I don't know what problems the TA is having with Alstom propulsion. From what I can see with the R160a1's on the (L) there no problem. I have not had any trains with Reduce propulsion in well over 6 mounths. I am guess it might have something to do the the Kawasaki cars, Alstom Prolulsion mix, maybe.

Archived