Metro North Fire

Those are the Metro North fire chiefs vehicles. The fire chiefs fall under Metro North's Safety and Security Department.

Among their duties is they respond to all train accidents, fires, etc. involving outside agency response. They are a liaison for outside fire and ems agencies. They will also respond to any issues along Metro North's right of way. For example there was a LPG tanker car with a valve leaking at one of the sidings and Spanky (Car 2642) responded along with that city's fire department. The chief can call RTC to control the traffic on the tracks if needed.

With my former fire department I've taken classes with Spanky at the Harmon yard and he'll teach safety issues with the trains and ROW for outside responders.

They also perform inspections at Metro Norths facilities.

Those are the Metro North fire chiefs vehicles. The fire chiefs fall under Metro North's Safety and Security Department.

Among their duties is they respond to all train accidents, fires, etc. involving outside agency response. They are a liaison for outside fire and ems agencies. They will also respond to any issues along Metro North's right of way. For example there was a LPG tanker car with a valve leaking at one of the sidings and Spanky (Car 2642) responded along with that city's fire department. The chief can call RTC to control the traffic on the tracks if needed.

With my former fire department I've taken classes with Spanky at the Harmon yard and he'll teach safety issues with the trains and ROW for outside responders.

They also perform inspections at Metro Norths facilities.

THANK YOU ! :tup:

Archived