126 Street Rehab

'89 Liberty MCI

So I remember it being said that 126 is closing for rehab in 2014. By then, Clara Hale will be open again. Does anyone know where the routes will go in the meantime? I think the M31 will temporarily go to Quill and the M116 will go to Manhattanville (already has some trips there), and the M15, M35, and M60 will go to Amsterdam. Maybe even the M116 will go to Amsterdam.

I know they closed Amsterdam when they made the big cuts, but the next best thing they could do without Amsterdam is put the M60 in Stengel or Manhattanville, M35 in 100 Street, M15 in 100 Street, and like I said before M116 in Manhattanville.

Also what might happen with the TA/OA thing since 126 and Stengel (which is a long shot and probably won't happen for the M60) are the only TA depots in question? For this purpose it seems best to put the M15, M35, M60, and M116 in Amsterdam, plus the M104 since it's right there and make it a TA depot, unless an OA depot must remain an OA depot and a TA depot must remain a TA depot. Amsterdam is/was OA.

It's waaaaaay too early to tell what's going to happen in 2014, so your guess is as good as any of ours. And the depot is to be rebuilt, so when the routes do move it will be very interesting to say the least, as they will likely be that way for a while. As for Amsterdam, I'm not sure sure it would be a good idea to have artics there.

i don't think that they are going to even bother rebuilding 126th unless they build it as a multiple floor depot like they did for 100 st. they would have to do this b/c the land that we park our buses on is sold

i don't think that they are going to even bother rebuilding 126th unless they build it as a multiple floor depot like they did for 100 st. they would have to do this b/c the land that we park our buses on is sold

Unless the TA states otherwise, it's going to happen.

Unless the TA states otherwise, it's going to happen.

i've been hearing that the 2 lots that we use for parking are gonna become condos and the depot itself is either gonna become a memorial site for the ppl in this alleged grave yard underneath it or some kind of park and all of us inside of the depot are gonna be shipped off to Clara Hale or some other Manhattan division depot if this whole Regional Bus thing really goes into effect

Not replacing 126 Street with another depot that's practically right there is a strange thing to do if the M15, M35, and M116 are relatively busy lines that need a lot of buses and have a short pull-in right now. If the new depot is not close to a terminal, especially for all those buses on the M15, Transit will have dead mileage up the whatsaname.

Now every depot has ramp lines these days and I understand 126 has some really bad ones, so the dead mileage is pretty bad right now, but this should not cause them to close down a depot that facilitates short pull-ins on most of its buses. Ramp lines have to be taken care of using proper allocation of resources and perhaps construction of more pull-in lanes...

Archived