Big-hearted bus driver avoids hitting dog -- and is allegedly attacked by angry passenger

LRG

His own adored Jack Russell terrier had just died, and bus driver John Russo wasn't about to let another dog go.

But when the 24-year MTA veteran swerved Wednesday to avoid hitting a black pooch that darted in front of his B74 bus in Coney Island, his act of kindness prompted an angry attack from a passenger who didn't appreciate the lurching halt, he said.

"I stopped -- and I prayed to God I didn't hit the dog," a still-rattled Russo told The Post yesterday. "And within seconds, this short woman comes up, rips off my badge and punches me in the chest!"

The woman -- identified by police as Yanira Otera -- allegedly cursed at Russo, threatened to have her boyfriend kill him and yelled, "You should have f- -king killed the dog.' "

Link: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/pooch_comes_to_shove_ZOFdKBQ324jlKxcObyvf7I#ixzz1IyKfYcR3

I'd like the mods to add a poll to this thread...to see if the members, if they were in the place of the driver, would've swerved to prevent an accident, or "hit the dog" and call the accidnet in. The way the lady reacted was inexcusable as that's seven years in the slammer. Guess no one values life these days, whether it's for another person or an animal....

Link: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/pooch_comes_to_shove_ZOFdKBQ324jlKxcObyvf7I#ixzz1IyKfYcR3

I'd like the mods to add a poll to this thread...to see if the members, if they were in the place of the driver, would've swerved to prevent an accident, or "hit the dog" and call the accidnet in. The way the lady reacted was inexcusable as that's seven years in the slammer. Guess no one values life these days, whether it's for another person or an animal....

sorry topic already posted by locomotion.

Archived