2nd BOSS EXAM ??

NYWBRR

Just wondering on Monday 4-4 I took the BOSS exam for MABSTOA 2901 a spokesman explaining the hiring process and how it starts with the BOSS exam said that after 6 to 8 weeks we should received a notice if you failed or pass the test. If you fail it,s over and if you pass you continue the process. Currently people on this list can choose to apply for MTA bus because that Agency may be hiring in 2011 and MABOSTA may not hire until 2012. If you get hired for MTA bus full time only you will be removed from the 2901 list. Anyway I asked a question about the BOSS because he asked if anyone had taken this exam before.I told him I just did the drug test for the 8006 TA list and did the BOSS in MAY 2009. He said you do not have to take the exam if you took it already,I think he mention within 2 years ? He asked me if I received a notice if I passed that BOSS exam. I told him I did not receive a notice and assume I passed because I was called in for the pre-interview and drug test. He had a lady come over to me and took my soc. security # and said he will look into it. After the test papers were handed out the lady did not give me one until that fellow came in and said he could not find anyone to get any information at this moment. After that he left and I asked the lady for the test papers and took it anyway which I remember was the same questions as the last one. Just thinking because what if I do receive this notice of the test results and fail will this affect my outcome on the 8006 that if I am still waiting on the medical or maybe medical hold or some other kind of hold??? I know one was TA the other OA but would appreciate anyones reply ,Thank You.

i think your ok i know when i took the boss exam i think i recieved something saying i passed.Just be patient because things are moving now.I just recieved my pre-employment notice for 2801 its my second time going through the process so i know what to expect.By the way who told you guys that 2901 will be called for ta i think thats misleading info.I could be wrong .I know there are still people from 2801 waiting.

Nobody on the 2901 MABOSTA list will be called on TA 8006 one,s civil service the other is not but what that person made it sound like on that day was if you took the BOSS exam for 8006 and also were called for 2901 you did not have to take that test within 2 years which it was for me. Does this mean you automatically pass the 2901 BOSS? My question to him originally was what is your status if lets say you are hired on TA 8006 and down the road you are called for MABOSTA 2901? But he just talked about the BOSS.

Nobody on the 2901 MABOSTA list will be called on TA 8006 one,s civil service the other is not but what that person made it sound like on that day was if you took the BOSS exam for 8006 and also were called for 2901 you did not have to take that test within 2 years which it was for me. Does this mean you automatically pass the 2901 BOSS? My question to him originally was what is your status if lets say you are hired on TA 8006 and down the road you are called for MABOSTA 2901? But he just talked about the BOSS.
this is the first i ever heard that you get a letter saying you passed or failed the boss exam.i never did and was hired.some people i also know the same thing never got a pass or fail this does not sound correct at all who or where did you hear this :confused:

how are i just read some of the post and forums on here and one person said they recieved a pre employment notice from mabstoa to come in for exam 2801 i took the boss exam the drug test back in 2007 and the process just stopped now i see they are calling people again and they haven't call me at all my list # 2548.00 do you know who i should call or contact to find out when they will call me again cause last i heard there was a freeze .... does anyone know a number i can contact

this is the first i ever heard that you get a letter saying you passed or failed the boss exam.i never did and was hired.some people i also know the same thing never got a pass or fail this does not sound correct at all who or where did you hear this :confused:

I was told this by the fellow who explained what happens after you take the BOSS exam when I took this exam for MABOSTA 2901. He said you will receive a notice weather you pass or fail in about 6 to 8 weeks. When he asked if anyone took this exam I told him I did for 8006 TA and that,s when he asked me if I passed and that kind of threw me into a loop because I told him I never received a notice if I passed that 8006 exam but assumed I passed if you are called for pre-employment and drug test. I don,t think anyone on 8006 received a notice if you passed or failed but I don,t know about the MABOSTA BOSS test because again he made it sound like you get a notice on this one. If anyone did receive a notice on MABOSTA BOSS results please post ,Thanks.

i just called mabstoa/mta employment and they told me that they are not up to my list number yet which is 2548.00 but the thing is someone i know from exam 2801 is getting called up to go thru the process again with the drug test and physical so i would like to know if there is any truth to this honestly he said they are up to list number 1748 ...

• 4 years later...

I just get an letter staying that I suppose to take the Boss exam and I do not know what kind of questions will be on the test and if I can get literature somewhere to read in order for me to pass the exam

I just get an letter staying that I suppose to take the Boss exam and I do not know what kind of questions will be on the test and if I can get literature somewhere to read in order for me to pass the exam

t's basically a CDL License type exam.

t's basically a CDL License type exam.

This is incorrect.

The BOSS or Bus Operator Selection Survey is a 75 question, pre-employment survey used to identify personality, behavioural, or psychological attributes of candidates. The responses are then evaluated and compared to a set metric which the  (MTA) establishes. Candidates who's evaluations are satisfactory continue, those that aren't do not continue.

As the question was answered by myself and MHGQ04 in the [Thread: Bus Operator Exam 4600], anyone with further questions can post there and this thread can be closed.

Archived