MTA Bus vs New York City Transit

Via Garibaldi 8

Not for nothin... but I also find that to be the case... MTA Bus drivers are more aggressive.... :tup:

But they do so in a safe manner though, as oxymoronic as that may sound....

Now this is my personal opinion on either driving among or riding these depot buses;

Eastchester and Yonkers : These guys OWN 5th and Madison Aves. They don't screw around and god help you if you get in their way. I learned very early on to fall in line behind them heading toward Midtown, you will make amazing time. They don't seem to like dealing w/the Manhattenville guys either.

Manhattanville: They THINK they own Manhatten but the ECH and YON guys show them that they don't. IMO, they are among the rudest of the MTA garages, they will just swing back into traffic with no signals or anything....if you are gonna do it to taxis then fine...don't do to fellow B/Os.

Quill: These guys are very laid back. They just go with the flow and with the amount of vehicular and pedestrian traffic they have to deal with on a daily basis who can blame them.

Casey Stengal: The guys who do the Q32 are badass. They hustle those O5s like MCIs and they bully their way onto "the Crotch". And they hold their own in Flushing w/the guys from College Point.

College Point:Hustlers....either born or very well taught. Local or express it doesn't matter they hustle. If you want a good example....go to the QM Tunnel in the afternoon and watch the reindeer games. They make the Q50 and the Q66 epic rides.

Spring Creek: I can only give an opinion of what they do in Manhattan, but they are "almost" of the same caliber of ECH,YON and CP. I've seen them do some things that make me SMFH. Like pull right up on a parked UPS truck with 4-ways on and then back up to get around it....during the PM rush.

The SI depots: Local or express they seem to be good drivers. As a passenger I don't like the game they play with the passengers getting off the ferry.

What game is this? :confused: lol

The whole pulling off when the ferry is just docking. Some drivers will wait and some just pull off. I'm just down there to busfan but for people trying to get home that has gotta be a big PITA.

The whole pulling off when the ferry is just docking. Some drivers will wait and some just pull off. I'm just down there to busfan but for people trying to get home that has gotta be a big PITA.

Yeah, when I used to take the ferry, they would usually call the B/Os back if they drove off and left everyone before the ferry docked, but now I guess they don't. I tell ya local service used to be a lot more reliable. Now you just show up and hope your bus comes. This seems to be the trend on the weekends too w/the express bus. Apparently folks were waiting for almost an hour going back to the island. I had to wait just about 20 mins or so, but then two X10s were running together.

As far as SI B/Os go, the guys out of Yukon haul @ss on the express runs. The Castleton guys, some are good also, but there are a few maniacs mixed in w/the overcautious ones too.

Archived