Next Bus Please

Gorgor

Just a quick question, what's the difference between MTA Bus and NYCT? Is it just local and express buses?

And if we could sort of go back on topic to the regular buses that said "Next Bus Please" running up 72nd, 79th, and 86th streets only making a stop at Lex on the East Side. :)

During rush hours, they are probably X1s, but off-peak, it is more likely X17s, since they run less frequently and the alternatives to the areas it serves are harder than alternatives to the areas the X1 serves (at least on the X1, you can take the (R) to the S79, or take the ferry and S78 or SIR, but that isn't as easy for X17 riders).

Yes, the buses I tend to see do that, are during the PM rush....

Just a quick question, what's the difference between MTA Bus and NYCT? Is it just local and express buses?

MTA Bus = Bus routes that were formerly operated out of PBL depots..

In other words, any routes (local or express) currently out of Eastchester, Yonkers, LaGuardia, JFK, Far Rockaway, College Point, Baisley Park, & Spring Creek are MTA BUS routes... everything else is NYCT....

I've seen:NOT IN SERVICE//NEXT BUS PLEASE, not like it matters because people don't read signs and still chase down the buses!

People are dumb! My AM Rush hr trip on the 553; there is a bus thats 1min behind me and I put "Standing Room Only" and give the B/O behind me all the peeps. My bus is usually 55 full 20mins into my 1st run. When I hit the Vineland Bus Teminal I change it to "553 Atlantic City" by then everyone clears out and then I pack up again.

Somedays I keep the Not In Service/No Passengers even tho im not suppose to l0l. But i still stop for the peeps until I get packed like a sardine can, buy hey theres a bus 2-3mins behind lol.

Checkers have no business yelling at anyone, additionally there is no NYCT/MABSTOA/MTA BUS/LIB written or unwritten policy that I am aware of that forbids standees.

Hahaha...those checkers are often quite rude to the B/O's, and I have heard numerous B/O's complain about them. But I have definitely seen, with my own eyes, checkers telling EXP B/O's that they should not have more people than seats on the bus. Not sure where they are getting their info from then...

Alot of the time the signs "Next bus please" & "Not In service" get mixed up. I've seen many times a crowded bus pass by with the sign "Not in service", & an empty bus go by with "Next Bus please".

Sometimes, the sign freezes and only the side sign will say the destination, front one frozen.

Archived