R160 spotted at 125th st

jacsnyy

You might want to fix the way you type & post before you start insulting people about them foaming over R160s.......

I thought I had explained this before, nobody has to be a buff in a particular field to know shit about different things....its not a qualification....

As for everyone else, stop picking on the kid.

Yes i understand.. Even tho there are "some" people who pretend to like the hobby and then ditches it for good. But you know what, thats up to them.

First post i agree.

Agreed. When something new pops in on a line.. Foaming starts.. This is gonna happen with the R142s on the (7) as well..

It's always going to happen no matter what as long as its NEW(not regularly seen) or rare whether its a bus,train,plane.

I wonder what will the community foam over the most in the next few years

R-179? R-188? New buses? R-62/A back to the IRT/NTT's on Flushing.

Coming into 125th st on the D train just now, I saw an r160 with passengers going southbound on the express track. I was going the other way so I couldn't see whether it was an A or D, but there were passengers. This was at about 1:15pm today.

The passengers you saw in that 160 were transit personnel monitoring some kind of test (I don't know what they're testing). They're using that R160 train with the seats that have the capability of folding up to make it a seatless train.

Monday they left 207YD after the AM rush and did 2 trips via the A express. They were to turn at either Euclid, Pitkin Yard, or Lefferts (whoever had room).

Same intenerary Tuesday but they went local, after the test train transfered to JYD.

More testing Wed./Thurs in the Queens Blvd. IND corridor.

The passengers you saw in that 160 were transit personnel monitoring some kind of test (I don't know what they're testing). They're using that R160 train with the seats that have the capability of folding up to make it a seatless train.

Monday they left 207YD after the AM rush and did 2 trips via the A express. They were to turn at either Euclid, Pitkin Yard, or Lefferts (whoever had room).

[GMAPS][/GMAPS]

Same intenerary Tuesday but they went local, after the test train transfered to JYD.

More testing Wed./Thurs in the Queens Blvd. IND corridor.

The last time they did that, it got bad results

It's always going to happen no matter what as long as its NEW(not regularly seen) or rare whether its a bus,train,plane.

I wonder what will the community foam over the most in the next few years

R-179? R-188? New buses? R-62/A back to the IRT/NTT's on Flushing.

Hi-V's on the Broadway-line, reef R38's on the (C), R46 via Culver Express.

Archived